Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • This'll be interesting.
  • donsimon
    Free Member

Highest paid public servant having to disclose salary detials. What reason could they have for not disclosing this info?
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-13875508

footflaps

Not wanting to be a hate target for some of the red-tops?

headfirst
    Free Member

don simon in ‘having a go at the public sector’ shocker, fancy that… 🙄

molgrips
    Free Member

Witch hunt.

donsimon
    Free Member

How would providing vfm make them red top fodder?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

That’s cos he supports Real Madrid.

Fascist.

Junkyard
    Free Member

DS what was you annual salary last year and how much was your pension contribution?

BermBandit
    Free Member

DS…. please name any other profession where it is a post recruitment requirement to publicise details of your salary.

donsimon
    Free Member

Last year abot €25k gross with social security contributions of €240,00 per month.
    Next?

donsimon
    Free Member

PLCs publish earnings.
    As a tax payer, aren’t you interested in knowing if your money is being well spent?

Junkyard
    Free Member

damn there goes my line of attack shall I just call you a liar now?

i think it has to be published but I can see why some people would not want others to these cases the size is also so large they dont want us to know

geoffj

As a tax payer, aren’t you interested in knowing if your money is being well spent?

Yes – not sure how publishing someone’s salary in isolation answers that question though.
    Do you know how they performed and what they contributed to the role?

Criticise the performance of the Government department by all means, but senior civil servants should be afforded some privacy the same as you and I.

RealMan
    Free Member

Possibly more likely they want to hide it from people they know (wives, friends, etc.) then the general public (daily mail readers, stwers, etc.).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

In response to the OP, no, it won’t.

molgrips
    Free Member

As a Microsoft/Apple customer, aren’t you interested in knowing if your money is being well spent?

It’s fairly meaningless, as these civil servants might have huge responsibilities that deserve high salaries. What could be more important than running a country?

The waste in govt doesn’t have anything to do with these people’s salaries – it’s systemic, little tiny bits on thousands of projects that could be saved. That’s why it’s so hard to sort out.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Who cares what they get paid? Really it should be pretty high for the top bods, over £300k I would say, how else will they get decent candidates?

jonba
    Free Member

The renumeration of a companies top people (usually the executive) is often quoted in the anual financial reports. It’s normally done as a block so individuals can’t be targetted. What it does is lets the shareholders know how much they are paying these people so they can decide if they are getting value for money.

Quite common in the banks too. Top bankers pay has been splashed all over the papers.

Footballers too, infact a lot of professional sports stars.
    Film stars…
    Times rich list…
    Forbes rich list…

emma82
    Free Member

@ronjeremy – I think the problem is that some LA executives earn more than the PM. Cx of my LA if I remember rightly earns more than Cameron and he is a completely incompetent twonk, I used to work for him so I’m speaking from experience. Seeing the damage he was doing was eventually one of my reasons for leaving. They really earn too much.

IanMunro
    Free Member

I think the problem is that some LA executives earn more than the PM.

I think that’s more down to the role of P.Ms is not considered as a job in the conventional sense, and as such has a token salary which shouldn’t be taken to be indicative of the level of responsibility / power.

Not that I’m saying that justifies some of the LA salaries though!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Cx of my LA if I remember rightly earns more than Cameron and he is a completely incompetent twonk

Are you suggesting that David Cameron isn’t a completely incompetent twonk ?

emma82
    Free Member

He’s still pretty powerful though as an individual? I’d have called it a proper job, not one I’d want either. Although would be cool to have a bullet proof car 🙂

Ernie, no idea with Cameron, never met him

miketually
    Free Member

Footballers too, infact a lot of professional sports stars.

Unless they’re really big names, when it gets paid as image rights and other tax-avoiding measures.

I think the problem is that some LA executives earn more than the PM.

LA execs don’t tend to clean up on the speaking circuit or through book deals or consulting jobs when they’ve done with their job at 50ish.

emma82
    Free Member

That’s coz they probably aren’t worth listening too 😕

MoreCashThanDash

We’ve just published ours – chief exec on £100k, responsible for 4000 staff doing some rather responsible work (not revealing which corner of the civil service I hide in), which I thought was quite reasonable compared to private sector chief execs in comaparable organisations

I was a bit more surprised that we were boasting on the internal website that we had slashed our first class train travel costs from £450k to £50k – wtf were we doing to get it up to £450k in the first place?

Nice to see the usual public sector bashers having a go – probably just jealous that they weren’t successful when they tried to get one of our cushy, overpaid underworked jobs, what with it being such an easy life and all…..

emma82
    Free Member

Morecash I had one of the cushy jobs to which you refer, my work at the moment isn’t great at all but is a hellava lot better than the crap that went on in the public sector, I’m personally glad it’s getting the crap it currently is, it’ll wake up a few of the incompetent toss pots that public sector seems to be full of (talking senior levels not the people that in reality actually do most of the work)

MoreCashThanDash

And there you have made my point – you all go bashing “the public sector” but what you actually mean are the minority of public sector employees

I understand that you don’t actually mean to keep insulting those of us that have to deal with all the various social difficulties on your behalf with little assistance, back up or reward.

😉

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the incompetent toss pots that public sector seems to be full of (talking senior levels not the people that in reality actually do most of the work)

Lucky you if you haven’t experienced any incompetent toss pots in the private sector (I’m talking senior levels not the people who in reality actually do most of the work)

I am currently having to deal with, overcome, and rectify, major ****-ups made by incompetent management who expect me to “sort it out” for them. Which I will, ’cause I want to get on with my work and get paid.

Pembo
    Free Member

The coalition doesn’t have to try very hard at all to get this divide and rule tactic working do they? They must be pissing themselves laughing at threads like this. Wake up, we’re all being shafted!

randomjeremy
    Free Member

100k a year for the responsibility of 4000 staff seems like a very reasonable deal, chief execs in the private sector would expect to earn a lot more than this even before share divs / bonus.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yep, Pembo is spot on. There is a very obvious and definite strategy to pit private sector workers against public sector workers, and it is undoubtedly working very well. Although I don’t totally agree that they haven’t needed to try very hard – it’s a pretty extensive and deliberate strategy.

The other strategy which is also working very well is the campaign to vilify the poor.

The Bullingdon Boys must be laughing all the way to their banker friends.

donsimon
    Free Member

They must be pissing themselves laughing at threads like this.

I doubt very much that they’re reading it. Maybe it’s just a wake up call to the private sector.

emma82
    Free Member

@randomJeremy – sorry, only just realised I called you ron Jeremy 😳 🙄

And there you have made my point

Happy to help 😀 😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Maybe it’s just a wake up call to the private public sector.

pillock. 🙄

LycraLout
    Free Member

Have you considered a subscription, full of other mindless tittle tattle, I believe

donsimon
    Free Member

Funny you should mention ¡Hola! magazine as I’m friends with the founding (Junco) family, it’s famed for the respect it shows contibuting celebs which is why they are so willing to contribute.
    I told you this would be interesting.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

LycraLout – Member

Have you considered a subscription, full of other mindless tittle tattle, I believe

Not a fan of mindless tittle tattle ? So why do you come on here………….to be educated ?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I told you this would be interesting.

I’m still standing by my original assertion that it most definitely is not.

donsimon
    Free Member

😆
    You set the bar too high. More than enough for some, though.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Hey listen, every frickin thread I contributed to for afew weeks was getting tagged DeadlyBoringDarcy! So I can hardly go around setting the bar can I? It was you you bastard wasn’t it!?! 😀

donsimon
    Free Member

I’m AWESOME. What can I say? 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘This'll be interesting.’ is closed to new replies.