Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • This Years "Help I've found a crack a week before the Alps trip" thread…….
  • harrytoo
    Free Member

Well this year its me.

Giving the bike a good clean up tonight I notice that my 2010 Zesty has developed a crack around the weld where the top tube meats the seat tube. Pretty pronounced and about a third of the way round.

Seeing that the rocker joins adjacent to this weld I assume that it is a pretty high stress point and the frame is a complete write off.

Therefore I am now in a panic….. does anyone have a spare 2010ish Large Zesty gathering dust, condition unimportant (but can’t be cracked, already got one of them!).

rickon
    Free Member

Put a wtd ad up for a 26er full sus frame, you’d be hard pressed to find the exact same frame someone has, but the chances are good to get a good full sus cheaply. You just need a 31.6 seat tube iirc, the rest is easy as everything was standard back in the good ole days 😉

Northwind

Whereabouts are you? It’ll be on the small side but I’ve got my medium Hemlock frame hanging up in the garage just now, I think everything’d be a straight fit other’n maybe rear axle (QR)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘This Years "Help I've found a crack a week before the Alps trip" thread…….’ is closed to new replies.