Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • This years annoying virus/cold symptoms ? what are yours?
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

slackalice-interesting post,have thought about Hibernation myself.

swedishmatt
    Free Member

So this is what I’ve caught today then? In addition over had the cough from hell since December and now it is the middle of match. Symptoms: aching , running hot, weak, sleepy super sleepy. Smidgen of sore throat. I thought it was bad hay fever but seems I’m part of the in crowd!

Edit: and one week business no miss travel next week to Turkey. Will be fun.

ahwiles
    Free Member

MsWife is now on her 10th consecutive day of not / barely leaving the house. I’ve never seen anyone so ill and not in hospital.

Hot/cold/cough/sneeze/sore throat/ringing ears/funny taste in mouth/funny smell in nose/sleeping for 12+ hours without trying, etc.

She’s even refusing whisky, wine and or chocolate, this is serious.

I’m about 4 days behind her, but I suspect the flu-jabs I’ve had over the years have given me a slight headstart, so I’m only feeling completely rubbish. As above, my asthma will ensure a memorable end to my suffering, one way or another…

Drac

The flu jabs you’ve had won’t make a difference unless she’s suffering from a flu strain you’ve been immunised for.

Haze

Not sure what I had but the flu jab didn’t prevent it.

Today’s ride was the first one in weeks where I didn’t spend 20 minutes coughing and reaching for the inhaler afterwards…progress at last maybe…

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

I wonder if this virus is only hitting the stressed out/asthmatic types.It doesn’t seem to widespread.I,m also amazed how those of you with asthma dare go riding with this illness.Suicide I should have thought!

hjghg5
    Free Member

This is my first bug of the winter and it’s got me bad. Started midweek and the main thing at first was a horrendously sore throat. Not much coughing or sneezing, but I could barely talk and every time I answered the phone people told me how rough I sounded. Came home from work early on Friday, was flat out the whole of yesterday. Today I had a pre-booked thing I wanted to do. Not too energetic, but a couple of hours of gentle walking around. BAAAD idea. I am now absolutely wiped out again.

Really hope it clears up soon – going on a cycling holiday to the canaries next weekend.

Weasel
    Free Member

Started with a sore throat and glands up a bit, running hot and cold at times and wasn’t really a proper cold but an underlying chesty/dry/tickly cough which was with me for exactly 3 weeks. I still had the odd coughing session for a few minutes which then went away as quickly as it arrived.

Factoring in the hamstring niggle I’ve had since the beginning of the year, weight I’ve put on from not being able to train I’m way off schedule where I should be.

However, this is the first ‘cold/cough’ I’ve had since last August

ratadog

Taking cheer, but only a little, from the fact that I am not the only one. A week off with the flu in January. Just about got back on the bike when the second bout started much as described by OP,that was mid February. Finally began to feel better last week and was really looking forward to getting out in great weather this weekend and woke up on Saturday with hacking cough and headache. Grumpy doesn’t begin to cover it.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Drac – Moderator
    The flu jabs you’ve had won’t make a difference unless she’s suffering from a flu strain you’ve been immunised for.

I-am-not-a-virologist, but that’s roughly what I was guessing…

i.e. I get flu jabs, Mswife doesn’t, she’s been hit waaay harder than I have – which makes some kind of sense to my non-virologist brain.

or have I got it wrong? Is immunity an all-or-nothing thing?

Anyway, 12 days in, and a short 5min walk dumped us both into an afternoon coma.

Haze

I didn’t get the sore throat thing, just woke up after a post-reliability ride nap and was shivering uncontrollably.

Horrendous coughing followed, got prescribed anti-bios for the fever and steroids for my asthma couldn’t look at the bike all week.

Had a trip to Mallorca last week which was a bit of a struggle but a weeks rest afterwards seems to have done the trick…crossed fingers…

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Been out,eyes wouldn’t stop watering.Also lac k any energy despite the cold sunny weather.Getting a bit fed up of it now.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Everyone recovered now?I seem to have graduated to sleeping sickness.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘This years annoying virus/cold symptoms ? what are yours?’ is closed to new replies.