Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • This years annoying virus/cold symptoms ? what are yours?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Finally back at work today after spending a week feeling ill without any real symptoms !

Included
    Feeling hot – normal temp
    Sleepy – lots of sleep
    Ears blocked
    Red tonsils- but not sore
    Generally feeling ill

I did not have
    Snot
    Cough
    fever

Went to see the GP yesterday and he said its a very odd virus this year lots of people have the same symptoms – it will pass which to be fair it has been getting better everyday.

Have you had this ? Or full blown cold etc ?

*the symptoms are similar to Cat Aids and excess coke and hookers

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I have that now.

Called in sick and brought lots of work to do at home.

Also bought lots of hot curry mix which normally helps me. Try that once your temperature is down.

Paracetamol to sort your temperature.

Put on something on yt that is funny and laugh.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Included

I meant – I was feeling hot but my temp was normal

senorj

We are currently on week three of the mystery virus – temperature spikes , aches , sinus pain & v sleepy , we had a couple of days feeling a little better and now the missus sounds like she smokes 40 woodbine per day and has a bronchial cough.
    I have a sore throat. grr. Doctors have said keep hydrated , nowt they can do.
    Brandy helps… 🙂

makkag
    Free Member

Week three of sinus pain bronchial cough lethargy and aches and ltd sleep due to afore mentioned cough – the 11 moth olds had a dose and now the 15 year old and mrs have got it. Given the Mrs and little un are at home i have been into work every day and ridden at the weekends for a rest !! Pushing up at Aston in early morning snow on saturday may or may not have done me much good though !

Keva
    Free Member

I’ve miraculously managed to avoid it so far despite being surrounded by others who have brought it into the office. Looks like a nasty one!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Been an odd year yes.
    MrsBouy has a corker of a sore chesty cough and when she does cough it almost blows the doors off the room shes in.

Very odd.
    But then my Mrs is very odd.

JackHammer

Swollen glands (everywhere), general fatigue, bronchial phlegm, wheezy chest, swollen tonsils, cracked and sore side of mouth.

Was primarily in my right tonsil yesterday seems to have wandered over to my left tonsil now.

Bored of this.

Edukator
    Free Member

Not flu but takes a long time to recover. There was another thread on the subject a month back. Six weeks on I’m back up to speed on skis but limiting swim sessions to 20 minutes (it’s an outdoor pool and there was sleet falling this morning which is pretty unpleasant on the back and neck).

andymc06
    Free Member

Pretty much the same as Senor J. 3 and a half weeks now and developed into a chest burning cough to go with headaches,dizzyness, lethargy and fever. Second trip to GP today having been told “these things can linger” a week and a half ago. I really need to be 100% for work and want to make sure there is nothing more sinister lurking in the background!

simmy
    Free Member

Just realised I was the last poster on the previous thread.

Fed up of it now. Think the last one cleared then this one started.

Felt rotten about 10 days ago, thought it was a migraine, fine day after then got sore throat, unbelievable snot, blocked right ear. Now feel fine but left with a partial blocked left ear which is really annoying.

Not been on the bike much or been to the gym so feel weaker but that may be psychological.

burko73

I’ve had a few snotty colds this winter thanks to having a 2 yr old in nursery. Had a sore throat from no to few, went to docs, got antibiotics and it cleared up in 2 weeks. Got another cold end feb and throats bad again. Went to docs with our little un and doc said she was surprised the other doc gave me antibiotics. Said gargle with diflam. Doesn’t seem to have done anything so still sore throat. Driving me mad.

chewkw
    Free Member

Some bar-stewart dry cough virus that was brought to me flat by me bar-stewart bro-in-law when he visited with my sister. He passed on the virus to everyone … bar-stewart he is.

Took me nearly three weeks to recover with cough syrup. 😡

edit: Bro-in-law is a bar-stewart scum! I mean it.

molgrips
    Free Member

Jesus.

Last Monday I went out for a ride, first in a while, I thought I’d push myself. Didn’t ride very well, but didn’t feel ill until the following day.. felt terrible. Aching everything, unable to exert myself in anything, didn’t want to sit up, sick of lying down, aching skin, cough causing my body and ribs to ache.. it was grim. Taking ages to recover too.. only today have I been approaching normal for half the day. Just felt over tired despite having loads of sleep.

Worst symptoms are mental – I felt blackly depressed, anxious, worried, grumpy, no confidence.. horrible.

Drac

I sneezed twice today.

Xylene
    Free Member

Similar symptoms to the OP but 1000s f miles apart

Knew the week before i git symtoms something wasn’t right, due to feeling shattered, followed by a week of a corker cold the snot works, followed by a week of feeling off, followed by another week of a corker cold, and lost voice with cough.

Coming up to end of week three just now and I am hoping that this is the end of it.

crazy-legs

I had a horrible sore throat which I picked up from the two biological weapons factories called my nieces. Age 3 and 1. They’re like two cute little weapons of mass destruction, tripping happily through life while infecting all around them with plaguebola.

Immediate consumption of ibuprofen, Lemsip, Strepsils and vitamins seems to have contained it to nothing more than that, quite often a sore throat is the prelude to week of being really ill.

scandal42
    Free Member

My history with sore throats and colds is terrible, I’m talking 3 to 4 throat problems a year to the point of having barely any voice.

Last 6 months nothing, not a sniffle. The only difference is that I have started drinking 5 cups of redbush tea every day and am a little OCD about washing my hands in the office and not touching door handles and then touching the face etc.

Seems to be working well despite every human and semi human in my office being struck down this winter.

JackHammer

Just got diagnosed with mumps. GREAT!

Ah well.

Few days confined to my bed.

leftyboy
    Free Member

MrsBouy has a corker of a sore chesty cough and when she does cough it almost blows the doors off the room shes in.

Had similar for nearly 3 weeks, went on a night ride thinking it was gone and ended up with my riding buddy, who is a GP, insisting we go home the shortest possible route as he was concerned I’d expire on the trail!

Been 2 weeks since I stopped coughing and I’m still feeling slow and struggling to push the pedals!

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

….well that didn’t last long !

Woke in the night with swollen glands(not tonsils) , so off to the docs this morning and he says it’s all part of the sh1tty virus and it’s my immune system doing its job ! Should be down in a few weeks, if not off for blood tests.

Anyone had similar??

Drac

Now I see why I have to wait 2 weeks for an appointment if people see their Dr for having swollen glands.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Bit unfair !

john_drummer
    Free Member

I’ve had two different colds since the turn of the year
    1) aches, fever, thick mucus at the back of my throat that gave me an irritating cough. Well, my colleagues found it irritating. Went on for about a month
    2) starting last Friday, proper snotty nose, sneezing, aches & fever. Just about done and so far, preferable to #1

I have not bothered a doctor for either of these

Drac

Not unfair at all. For cold symptoms best place is a pharmacist.

toby1

I just seem to have a regularly recurring cold, once every 6 weeks since September I reckon, it’s a pain in the butt.

Drac

That’s more likely to be haemorrhoids.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well, it’s subsiding – went for a short run this morning and did not die. Still got a slight cough though. Should be ok to ride at the weekend.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Well apart from the swollen glands I feel normal – a little tired.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Well apart from the swollen glands I feel normal – a little tired.

I was meant glands under chin btw lymph ones

digga
    Free Member

unfitgeezer – Member

Finally back at work today after spending a week feeling ill without any real symptoms !

Included
    Sleepy – lots of sleep
    Ears blocked
    Red tonsils- but not sore
    Generally feeling ill

I did not have
    Snot
    Cough
    fever

Went to see the GP yesterday and he said its a very odd virus this year lots of people have the same symptoms – it will pass which to be fair it has been getting better everyday.

Have you had this ? Or full blown cold etc ? Yes, had exactly this.

GP was useless, but got referral to private care and they checked through properly with an endoscope and identified a very swollen gland on left through/base of tongue which was also causing aggro to the ear.

I also seem to have a slightly restricted airway/lung capacity which is really screwing with stamina. Hence my concern. Tried a longish ride last Sunday and it is the nearest I’ve ever come to literally keeling over and lying on the floor on a ride.

Been on and off like this since Christmas. I knew I shouldn’t have given up drinking.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

About a month ago I got home from work with a really sore throat and feeling colder than I should do. Went to bed early feeling unable to get warm, only to wake up at about 2 in the morning sweating so much I had to get up and have a shower! Had cough and snot but not too bad. A bit later left ear got blocked and also an odd weepy eye for a couple of days.

Most of the symptoms went pretty quickly, but my ear only went back to normal in the last week or so and for a while walking up a couple of flights of stairs was really tiring me out! It’s mainly been really tedious.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Had this virus two weeks ago.Got rid and now its returned in a slightly different form.Sore throat,sweats and need to cough up phlegm.I think living in a block of flats doesn’t help matters,for a number of reasons.

seadog101

Ears, clogged up on one side. Making me wander roynd in circles.

DrP

GP was useless, but got referral to private care and they checked through properly with an endoscope and identified a very swollen gland on left through/base of tongue which was also causing aggro to the ear.

Unless this was a suspicious looking gland (doubtful, given the other symptoms and acute onset) this sounds like another “secondary care in spending lots of money and performing unnecessary tests in order to tell you what you’ve been told by primary care shocker“….. 😉

Don’t forget – there’s a difference between being useless, and simply NOT being able to do anything with benign self limiting illnesses.

DrP

globalti
    Free Member

Fact: your GP knows that 95% of the cases that walk into the surgery will sort themselves out after a few days or weeks.

Another fact: quack remedies and bogus cures succeed because their use coincides wth 95% of cases clearing themselves up.

slackalice
    Free Member

From a personal perspective, the similar symptoms as described sound rather unpleasant and so far, nothing to report here.

As yet, this winter, I have not suffered from a cold which is a first for many years. The occaisional sniffle and sneeze but nothing manifesting more than that. I’m placing this phenomenon down to a newly adopted approach of hibernation. Or rather going to bed between 7.30 and 8pm and ensuring I get plenty of sleep, a minimum of 9 hours, sometimes nicely tucked up by 7pm. I’m up at 5am each morning for a work start of 7am and work has been generally outside.

My thinking is that winter time and reduced daylight suggests that my body and mind could do well from using this time to ‘hibernate’, recoup and rest. So far so good.

mashiehood
    Free Member

About a month ago I had a 24hour bug that wiped me out, two weeks after that the flu knocked me out and I’m only just coming out the other side. After yesterday’s ride I felt awful and I want it gone now. Horrible winter!

Drac

Unless this was a suspicious looking gland (doubtful, given the other symptoms and acute onset) this sounds like another “secondary care in spending lots of money and performing unnecessary tests in order to tell you what you’ve been told by primary care shocker”…..

Don’t spoil the illusion.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yup,blocked up ear feeling and a dizzy spell when out shopping.Three weeks in the novelty is starting to wear off.Thankfully,I’m asthmatic so its bound to end well!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘This years annoying virus/cold symptoms ? what are yours?’ is closed to new replies.