• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by P-Jay.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • This wind….
  • Stedlocks
    Free Member

…is knackering my magnolia :0(

It’s just started to show the first flowers and this wind is going to strip the poor bugger…..is it just me, or has the wind been bloody relentless this year?

SaxonRider

No you. This is storm Katie, which means we have put up with ELEVEN BL**DY STORMS this winter.

Eleven!

It’s really started to get on my wick.

bearnecessities

My box got blown off. Seriously. It’s made a right mess of the patio.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Blew my wig off getting into the car 1/2 hr ago.

Thought about chasing it, but some scrappy dogs got hold of it now..

Damn.

mattbee

Stopped me working today & there’s every chance the same will happen tomorrow & Monday.
    Bonus days off are all very well but the weather is too rubbish to do anything!

mrblobby
    Free Member

Meant to be racing a time trial down a dual carriageway with sails for wheels on Monday 😕

rOcKeTdOg

. This is storm Katie, which means we have put up with ELEVEN BL**DY STORMS this winter.

Whereas any other winter it was just been windy & rainy a few times, this naming lark just seems to make everyone more miserable about it. It’s been winter, we get bad weather. There is nowt you can do about it

Klunk
    Free Member

our rowan tree has had a terrible few years, as soon as it puts out blossom it’s either had a hail storm hit it or gale force winds and rain the resultant berry crop has been paltry 🙁

MoreCashThanDash

Sorry, storm Katie is scheduled to hit on Monday.

The day we arrive at Legoland…..

yossarian
    Free Member

Ahem, small island, edge of North Atlantic, no palm trees, blame thatcher.

It’s no worse than it’s ever been. Just look on it as resistance training. This morning’s ride out south was tough but the ride home was awesome!

slowoldman

Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?

P-Jay
    Free Member

Got battered by the wind at Afan today, but! For the first time in 10 years for a few fleeting moments it was behind me, it was like riding an E-Bike! ( I imagine).

Pooed myself on the way home though, new bike and old bike on the roof, car weaving left and right on the M4, and visability down to sod all.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘This wind….’ is closed to new replies.