Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • This whole Rooney elbow thing and the downfall of Gentleman's football.
  • mrlebowski
    Free Member

As Rooney approaches, McCarthy appears to position/ready himself to bodycheck Rooney, to prevent him getting past. Doesn’t warrant the elbow, but could be argued that McCarthy was about to foul Rooney, and Rooney decided to deal with it in his own inimitable way.

Ah so that makes it all ok.. 🙄

I’m just trying to explain things within their proper context.

You’re failing but hey then you are trying to defend the indefensible.. 😉

Rooney committed a foul which he got away with. It was either nothing or a red card. It certainly wasnt nothing..

handbaygs

So you think that kind of thing is ok then?

Boys play football, Men play Rugby

Ive played both games & the histrionics in football would be better off on the stage.. The I cant recall seeing anything similar in rugby. Thats not saying it hasnt happened but rugby doesnt appear to get labelled with in the same sense.

Tim
    Free Member

If it was on the ball, I may have viewed it slightly differently, but it wasnt, so it was just thuggery.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah so that makes it all ok..

No. Where did I say it did? Hmm?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

No. Where did I say it did? Hmm?

You didnt but you are trying to defend Rooney’s actions so that suggests that you dont think its a problem..

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

You didnt but you are trying to defend Rooney’s actions

Give me strength… 🙄

I’m not. I’m just placing them within the context they belong. I’ve already said he was out of order and should have bin sent off, and banned.

Of course, had you bothered to actually read what I wrote propply, you’d know this…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I prefer the eye gouges in rugger.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Oh come on elf – all your talk of passion etc isnt you trying to excuse his behaviour? Yes you said he should have been sent off but you dont think that you arent just even a little bit trying to defend his actions? You even tried to claim that McCarthy was somehow culpable as well!

nacho
    Free Member

“Rooney should have enough of a brain”
    Post by Tim that made me laugh!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Oh come on elf – all your talk of passion etc isnt you trying to excuse his behaviour?

No. It’s not. It’s trying to understand his behaviour.

🙄

I’m getting bored with this. Anyone else?

Tim
    Free Member

nacho – Member

“Rooney should have enough of a brain”
    Post by Tim that made me laugh!

Too hopeful you think? 8)

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Point is your stance could be interpreted as being defensive of Rooney. You wrote of it only being a little elbow & a touch of argy-bargy & bit of handbags. Thats what I object to. It was an act of thuggery (which we both agree), however you seem to have a different idea as to where the line is drawn.

Care to comment on tonight?

Saccades
    Free Member

have two codes, like mens and womens lacrosse. One no contact for continental pussies, and one full contact for spud-faced northerners.

You obviously haven’t tried to play a game against czechs then… vicious bastards the lot of ’em brought up on box lacrosse and razor blades…

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘This whole Rooney elbow thing and the downfall of Gentleman's football.’ is closed to new replies.