Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • This weeks winning "The customer is always right……………not" award
  • thehustler
    Free Member

So, followed into work first thing Monday by a patient before I even get my coat off…..

…..”I’ve got a problem with my glasses, there’s obviously a manufacturing defect in them”…….

I take the frame, one of the arms has come off sprung hinge broken, the eye still attached to frame front is bent to buggery, so obviously either been shut in something caught in something or sat on/fallen asleep in.

Now we aim to please and alot of optical companies are pretty good with their replacement policies, and even if they wont replace for free alot of frame sides are pretty cheap, so I get his record card out to work oyt the best course of action.

Frame glazed by us in Dec ’14……but it was the customers own frame, so I advise of this and suggest to save cost we could re use the lenses and cut them into a similar slightly smaller frame.

99.9% of patients would be happy with this unfortunately this is the 0.0 percentile….The patient would like the lenses putting into an exactly the same size frame, so I have another look at said frame and the model identification numbers have rubbed off so I cant tell the model number eye sizes or whether its an ‘own brand’ or generally available frame, or even if its a model still in production.

Still trying to be helpful between us we work out where said frame was originally purchased and I suggest he contacts them for the model details to see if either they or we can order a replacement……….This isn’t good enough ‘cant we just supply a frame of the same size?’

I try to explain with probably 20-30 thousand different frame models on the market its practically impossible for me to identify his frame without some help……..this too and froed for 20 mins or so with me stuck as to how I could help further and he unhappy that I wouldn’t…….until eventually he left unhappy……

So that was my start t the week, at least it could only get better from there.

redthunder
    Free Member

Cant SEE a problem with this!

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

customers 😀 my sons an optician you have my sympathise

redthunder
    Free Member

Will he be back!

GrahamS

One of my favourite daily feeds: https://notalwaysright.com/

Read some of the stories there and be heartened that this guy is even worthy of comment 😀

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

So, followed into work first thing Monday by a patient before I even get my coat off…..

And you tell us this on Friday closing. Presumably there are further instalments…

jimmy

Should have offered him a free eye test.

G
    ETT
    AEFUC
    KPAL

thehustler
    Free Member

Needed to make sure it would be this weeks winner.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Started to get slightly worried when I read “the eye still attached to frame”

maccruiskeen

Started to get slightly worried when I read “the eye still attached to frame”

Me too – where could the other one have got to

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘This weeks winning "The customer is always right……………not" award’ is closed to new replies.