Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • This week's ebay/gumtree bike
  • allthepies
    Free Member

Forks the right way round.

Iz disappoint.

kayla1
    Free Member

TOP MARKS FOR SHOUTYNESS.

grtdkad

“Never been used outside”. Does that mean it might have been used inside?

tomhoward

In fairness, if he spilt it, some of the guys on retrobike would go nuts for some of that kit

steve_b77
    Free Member

Psick

zilog6128

Step 1. Purchase bike for £2800 and store in mint condition for 20 years
    Step 2. Sell “future collectors item” for £500
    Step 3. Profit..?

lunge

SPECIAL EDITION HAND BUILT .BOUGHT BRAND NEW FROM THE RED BULL FACTORY AT A COST OF £2800.

Hmm, can’t help but thinking that comment may not be entirely accurate.
    To be fair, bar the above, that looks a whole lot like a lot a bike people rode in the 90’s/early 00’s. Not nearly as horrendous as I hoped.

zbonty

Reminds me of working in a shop in about ’97 so early days of FS and we slotted a can of Red Bull in place of a shock on a maybe Tazmon frame.
    The kids who came in were like ‘wow it’s got a Red Bulk shoc, that is well trick’

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

To be fair that’s a decent bike. Probably worth what he’s asking as there’s some nice retro kit on it.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I like.

geoffj

Needs more accessories

paladin

I dont think id be popular if I kept a bike in my living room for 20 years

DezB
    Free Member

Why… why.. like why? would you put a great big mudguard on something you keep in your lounge? Is it part of the ornamentation? cos mudguards is ugly.

djtom
    Free Member

Not as bad as hoped for expected.

Someone will probably make a profit if they buy it and split it – it looks to be immaculate, and as said above, the retro kit sells for very strong money if it is in good nick.

What exactly is it? Looks like a Giant ATX 990, but I’m not convinced by the linkage, I seem to remember them looking slightly different. I think Jamis made something similar, could be one of them?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

It could be a Magura test bike. They used to build them up for dealers

the-muffin-man

Someone would probably pay £500 for those mint Z2s alone!

fasthaggis

I bet Al’s already gone round to look at it and offer £250 🙂

warpcow
    Free Member

I think Red Bull is what Rose used to be called.

edlong
    Free Member

I was gonna ask, in my ignorance – I assume the idea of there being a “Red Bull factory” making bikes isn’t really a thing?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Lol @ fastgaggis

joebristol

Looks like a Giant ATX990 to me but there were a few bikes that looked similar at the time. As a bike to ride that seems a bit steep – I can’t see anything on itnto get retro excited about personally.

The brakes would go for reasonable money – but I remembered them with rose tinted specs when I put some on a hardtail about a year ago. They worked pretty well, but just needed quite a lot of attention to keep working well compared to modern disc brakes.

Z2’s don’t go for that much money either I don’t think – sold some from a Kona U’hu about 3 or 4 years ago and they went for just enough for me to pay for some similar vintage Z1’s to go on the bike and make it a bit more usable.

slowoldman

When did they start putting racks on downhill bikes? Or is that part of the the parachute system?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘This week's ebay/gumtree bike’ is closed to new replies.