Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • This weeks Ebay chancer
  • njee20
    Free Member

a) What a random price
    b) What a random advert
    c) What a moron

allthepies
    Free Member

“Make offer” available 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Perkif Uqqop?

njee20
    Free Member

It’s XXXTreme I imagine.

I may start doing it on my posts to make them stand out. XXX

Edit: damn you Jamie for your edit, now my post makes no sense!

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

LOL.

Proper knober.

ryderredman
    Free Member

I don’t even want to make a £1 offer on the off chance he accepts and I have to pay the £150 postage!

xcretro
    Free Member

hahaha i’d hate to see what the economy delivery would be…. 3 weeks for express as it stands! would bve worth it though as the 19 alloy can do it all!! xxx lol xxx

tomaso
    Free Member

<mild rant mode> One of my pet hates is the inappropriate use of the word unique to describe things which are anything but unique. How can a mass produced bike with mass produced components be unique?

m360
    Free Member

The postage is quite reasonable if it’s insured to £3500.

Not sure I see the problem with the price either, you could get something heavier, bouncier, and with bigger wheels for the same sort of money, so that looks like a bargain to me 😉

muddy9mtb

I’d rather buy a robotic sheepdog 😯

Jamie
    Free Member

Edit: damn you Jamie for your edit, now my post makes no sense!

Sorry about that. I was so taken by the fella’s name I had to change my post.

cookeaa

…Magnesium Enriched…

creagbhan

Ca$h Generator

Look familiar??

cookeaa

<mild rant mode> One of my pet hates is the inappropriate use of the word unique to describe things which are anything but unique. How can a mass produced bike with mass produced components be unique?

People tend to feel more of an affinity towards their own belongings, thus they tend to over value things…

Basically it’s This mindset…

Personally I love it when people describe old Marin/Kona/Specialized/Carrera as “Custom” just because they bolted an XT mech and a crud catcher on….

turboferret

For my own amusement I asked the seller how the £143 and 15 day delivery was in any way realistic or justified:

Hello the delivery cost of £143.42 will be the exact delivery charge for safely and securely shipping that bicycle, I will choose the most expensive delivery option to make sure that there goes absolutely nothing wrong with the delivery and that everything with the shipping goes as smooth as possible. Because the bicycle package is big and the delivery company will be expensive I am sure I’ll get charge £143.42 if not even more.

And as for the 15 days waiting time, the bicycle will of curse be delivered to its destination sooner than that, but just to be on the safe side I have chosen a 15 waiting period.

If you have any more questions than please feel free to contact me anytime about anything on regarding the item, I’ll be more than happy to answer all your questions as quickly, clearly and simply as I can.

Many Thanks.

Not sure I’d be keen on having the bike cursed during delivery 😆

Cheers, Rich

Jamie
    Free Member

Not sure I’d be keen on having the bike cursed during delivery

Obviously using Monkey Paw Couriers.

spacemonkey

Not sure I’d be keen on having the bike cursed during delivery

Perhaps the bike will turn into one of these during the 16 day transit from Lagos:

tonyd

Hmm, 15 day delivery and refunds offered for 14 days. I wonder if the two are related? Refund not to be accepted in bold red font also suggests he really doesn’t want this bike back (if it even exists)

andyl
    Free Member

He’s given his full address in contact details. If they are correct he’s not very bright.

turboferret

When asked about the same bike being on Cash-Converters:

Hello the bike is in my house mate, I took the pictures from Google picture.

If it’s cheaper there than you can easily buy it from that store.

Many Thanks.

So, the photos aren’t of the actual bike…..very fishy…

Cheers, Rich

franksinatra

I wanted to pass on my frustration at this process. I met with

on the list of things that are wrong with this ad, the incorrect use of the word ‘unique’ should not really be that high up there!

SimonR

One minute it’s a carbon composite frame … the next it’s a hydro-formed aluminium one …..

For that trick alone I reckon it’s worth the asking price 🙂

bland

Maybe he is an agent for cash generators

With this

and this

jekkyl

very little info about the specs – drivetrain/brakes/handlebars/shifters etc. although it does appear to have sids on plus DMR V8s. I’m ooot.
    I’m sure we can come up with some genuinely sounding but nonsense questions.

bland

I asked him what he was smoking and if he only sold cash converters stock, im awaiting a reply

therevokid
    Free Member

Thompson and XT … still, he’s havin’ a larf …

Does this mean that my old Kinesis XC130 frame is worth £1500 then ????

plyphon
    Free Member

Hello,

How many jockey stops does the derailleur offer? If I remember there was the slightly rarer version that offered 5 stops vs the more common/euro style with just the 3.

Of course if it the more rarer version it’ll come with the details in the handbook when you bought the cycle, so i’m sure you know the details!

Cheers.

Just asked him this. Stay tuned for details on the jockeystops.

turboferret

He has stopped answering my questions 🙁

Cheers, Rich

m360
    Free Member

Maybe he is an agent for cash generators

I reckon it’s a staff member, hence the no refunds (although ebay will refund buyers regardless). He’s trying to make money on already overpriced items.

muddy9mtb

tricky number this, the seller is registered as a business seller and apart from using XXX guff XXX in every sale they have made there appears no ebay rules broken? obviously a staff member judging by their previous listings and pictures (all cut and paste or just bloody good at taking photos!?) and tally with the CG site. but it does stink when they say it’s in their house and have blatantly cut other pictures…rule 1 on ebay it don’t sell without a picture, rule 2 – it helps if that ducking picture is of the item YOU are selling???????
    when plyphon posted “jockey stops” I read jock straps?
    their’s only 6 watchers…shame it should be allot more to get the sellers hopes up

rascal
    Free Member

Clicked on the link.
    Not read all the responses but it has to be said…what an absolute prick.

muddy9mtb

as for “unique”…that term was also used for this number as yet another “3D printed bike” splashed across the twitter feed.
    http://www.3ders.org/articles/20140814-designer-james-novak-creates-stunning-3d-printed-bike-frame.html
    a pain to clean…and stop?

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member
    muddy9mtb

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/On-One-Pompino-single-speed-unique-on-off-road-custom-bike-/251629355517
    get me my cheque book 🙂 I must have it just for the chrome parts that draw your eye from the chipped and scratched paintwork (?). if I put it on the misses it may work the same magic there to?

njee20
    Free Member

Typo on the meme…

Did the guy who listed the bike write that!?

T666DOM

I saw that Pompino the other day, I suspect it’s not the only thing he ‘polishes’ on a regular basis

plyphon
    Free Member

If you don’t like people looking at you, DON’T buy this bike!
    This is my mental On-one single-speed custom cruiser on/off road go anywhere show bike!

Holy sh*t hahhaha.

guess the guy works in marketing 😯

JohnnyPanic

Unconvinced about the ‘Tapered’ head tube.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Tempted to offer him 4 grand for it outside ebay 🙂
    see what he says ??

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘This weeks Ebay chancer’ is closed to new replies.