Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • This weekends ride, full of wrongness…
  • Kryton57

Well, the stars were aligned and I had some good fortune, so last week before all of the doom and gloom about internal cabling, SRAM Eagle and so on I bought a bike.

Little known to STW, or actually perhaps now my “what bike” threads will become obvious as to the means to an end they were, I spent a good six months looking a geometry, reviews, stack, reach, kit, head angles past, present an future to arrive at a marathon/trail bike which is perfect for me. And behold:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/23ot3zW]IMG_20180113_090411167[/url]

I got there in the end although I wasn’t expecting a purchase until August, and it had its maiden voyage at a venue suitable for a WC winning design 😉 even if on this occasion it has an arse on top rather than Nino. I can confirm its fast, handles so well I’m still having to readjust my commitment levels and the twinloc is such a great system.

Hopefully the SRAM eagle won’t break and shatter the frame almost to pieces on the next few rides as this really needs to last me a very long time!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Was that on any of your lists?

Congrats on the new bike, what are we upgrading first? 😉

weeksy

Nice bike, terrible angle for pic

zippykona

Is the front end really that low?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

How’s it shifting since you leant it mech on the rock?

Tidy bike btw

hodgynd
    Free Member

Nice one ..nowt like a new bike to get the ride juices going again ..hope you have a lot of fun ..

Kryton57

Was that on any of your lists?

Nope, it was in the back of my mind as the bike I really wanted, but not reachable until recently.

Congrats on the new bike, what are we upgrading first?

Nothing, Its 25.5lb as you see it there with pedals, cage, Garmin out front & tube. The wheels are on the heavy side at 1938g but for its intended use I’m leaving them on – they are DT1900’s rebranded and I want something strong & reliable for the marathons and for BeMC this year. I’ve no need to go mad on weight savings.

Nice bike, terrible angle for pic

It was all about the Olympic Rings and not having the bike roll downhill…

How’s it shifting since you leant it mech on the rock?

Its not touching, bar end is leaning on the rock…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Nothing,

OK we will just have to sit and wait 😉

Kryton57

Mike:

core

I’ve never been overly struck on Scott bikes for some reason, maybe just the aesthetics, or some niche brand snobbery tbh, but they do look really good these days, and like they just get the job done as well as possiblle, nicely thought out, good geo, sensible weights and components etc.

Like it!

legend
    Free Member

mikewsmith – Member
    OK we will just have to sit and wait 😉

Wont be long, the seed is definitely planted…

The wheels are on the heavy side

vicksplace

yep, wheels. It will be wheels. It’s always wheels.

tenfoot

Nice bike.

First time at Hadleigh? I went just before Christmas, as I was up that way, and enjoyed it.

Clink

What’s your height and frame size, out of interest? At 5’10” I seem to be stuck between M and L.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

Very neat.
    Looks like BOOST through and through / very strong / low / long / fast – like it likes to go NOW.

Its 25.5lb as

must be uphill a real rocket!
    😉

Kryton57

First time at Hadleigh?

No I’ve ridden and raced there loads, I was just trying to find the driest spot in the SE for the new machine 😀 Likely to be back again next weekend.

Clink, I’m 5’11.5 with 32 inside leg. According to Scotts size chart you are in the middle, but the bike does not have an overly long reach nor does it feel “big”. If you’re racing I’d go with the L. There is only 30mm difference between the bikes according to the measurements.

Btw if you are buying new, Pedalon have a 15% discount code on new bikes until 31st. I can send it to you.

like it likes to go NOW

Despite the heavy wheels, yes it does! It tried to run away from me several times, its certainly faster than I am.

andreasrhoen
    Free Member

It tried to run away from me several time

haha

Be careful with this machine then!
    8)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘This weekends ride, full of wrongness…’ is closed to new replies.