Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • This weather is starting to get on my tits!!
  • globalti
    Free Member

*smugness alert*

I’m doing a 110 km road race in Cape Town on 11 March so need to start 2012 with a good level of fitness. I’m counting on getting a good ride on Saturday morning and a few more before I travel.

Gary_M
    Free Member

this weather we’re having is “like” normal, normal for this time of year

Just noticed this post, 100mph winds aren’t normal at this time of year. The rain doesn’t bother me, getting pushed sideway by the wind into the path of a car whilst commuting does. Each to their own though.

MrOvershoot

It might be fine for windsurfing & mild on the south coast Bikebouy, shift a bit further north and the wind is stronger & cold.

People keep saying “It’s the middle of winter.It happens every single year.” But we’ve had weeks & weeks of storms.

Well perhaps its because I’m getting old but when I started racing back in the late 70’s I honestly don’t remember many really windy days & back then I was always on my bike as I didn’t drive.

AdamW
    Free Member

Weather is getting on your tits?

Pics or it didn’t happen. 😀

retro83
    Free Member

AdamW – Member

Weather is getting on your tits?

Pics or it didn’t happen.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Force 10 wouldn’t blow that unit over!!!

toby1

Oh, with the MTFU comments, my commute is pretty much traffic free, so yeah, I’ll be donning some bigger balls in the morning and riding in regardless 🙂

Happy days!

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m back in lads.. hehehehe, had a fab 2.5hrs blasting around West Witts, blown out on a 3.2 and 75ltr board, to say it was a tad windy is rather an understatement. Bit side shore for propers wave ridin’ but fabudingo for jumping… bailed out twice at about 30ft, go a bit scared… Nice.

I needed that.

Take it easy on th way home lads n lasses, unless it’s blowing on your back it’s gonna be another hard commute.

I’m in the club bar having a well earned beer with me mates, burp’idge.

warton
    Free Member

why do they let it affect their mood so much

Do you really want the answer to that? There are many good ones, if you are prepared to listen and learn

yeah, please tell me. I’m not talking about SAD or whatever people call it. I’m talking about whiny people saying ” oh god it’s raining, I hate it”, “Oh god its windy, I hate it”

It’s weather, we have no control over it, why let it get you down, just get on with it. If it really gets you down that much, move to australia, quite simple really.

I will ride and generally go out in any conditions, couldn’t care less, the best rides are normally the ones which look like they’ll be the worst, wet, windy, cold, snowing whatever. Its’s really, really not important.

AdamW
    Free Member

I would like to retract my last statement…… 😯

binners

Good for you Warton. You sound like a man’s man.

Do you never get distracted by your rugged manly reflection in the puddles though? I know i would. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

Rain is cold and wet. Coldness and wetness is not a pleasant sensation.

Mud impedes my ability to ride because I lose traction. I go out to ride my bike, I don’t care for larking about in the mud. Wind also impedes my ability to ride either by physically stopping me or making it dangerous. On the road I like to zip along, this is not possible in a 40mph headwind.

It might not be important to you, but it is to others. I do ride in bad weather, and I’ve had good rides in bad weather; but with all the stoicism in the world it simply is not anywhere near as nice as bombing along dusty trails in the summer sun. It just isn’t.

imnotverygood

It just isn’t.

Don’t you mean
    ‘It isn’t, It just isn’t [sob]’ 😆

warton
    Free Member

Good for you Warton. You sound like a man’s man.

not really, I just think it’s pointless to get pissed off about something that you have absolutely no control over. In much the same way, I don’t scream and shout when I get paid every month, because the tax man has taken money from me, or moan about petrol prices. Its pointless and it puts you in a bad mood.

binners

I’m not too fussed myself usually. Having spent all my life living in the NW of England. But, as has been stated by many, riding in Horizontal rain ain’t exactly much fun.

But having done the 15 mile commute on Tuesday morning* in driving rain and gale-force gusts on the road bike, it had crossed a line from being merely unpleasant, into being downright bloody dangerous!

* which took 35 minutes longer than usual

nacho
    Free Member

I don’t think there’s owt wrong with having a bit of a moan on a biking forum. An English one at that. 😀 I haven’t been out this week due to the high winds. Cold, rain, mud etc don’t stop me, like someone else said it can be fun. High winds IMHO make it pretty stupid to go riding in the woods – you ever seen a tree come down? Or been blown off your bike? You can MTFU as much as you want but if you get hit by a tree or a 70mph+ side wind you is fect!

Keva
    Free Member

I’ve just come back from Austalia about three weeks ago, too blimmin’ hot for me, I prefer it here. 🙂

Kev

joemarshall
    Free Member

I want this rain in may – our river is up almost 3 foot, which makes our local bit a decent swim through the rapids rather than being dragged crawling over a load of rocks, but the water temp is about 3 degrees or something ridiculous and it being winter I have a cold anyway.

It’s annoying, only the second time it’s been high enough in the last two years, and it’s a brilliant little swim when it’s going hard.

molgrips
    Free Member

Don’t you mean
    ‘It isn’t, It just isn’t [sob]’

Basically yes 🙂

I don’t moan about the tax man either warton. But there’s a difference between complaining as if you expect something to be done about it, and merely commenting on something.

It is sh*t, and sometimes sharing misery makes people feel better. That’s all that’s happening here. However I would like to point out that I was not one of the ones moaning about it. I just like a good discussion.

You will find just as many if not more people on here going ‘Isn’t this weather fabulous? How wonderful, I’m happy to be alive and out on my bike!’ when the next good spell comes along, which it will. Sharing joy instead of misery.

SST
    Free Member

@globalti – Argus? You should give the Epic a go 😉

sturmey
    Free Member

ridden in every day this week it’s a challenge to walk past the van every morning and get peddeling loving it, road bike except for today as my shoes werent dry this morning so took the mtb. As I see it weather 0 sturmey 1

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘This weather is starting to get on my tits!!’ is closed to new replies.