Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • This weather is starting to get on my tits!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

It really is grim!! Seen a load of big branches down this morning on the way in. Also just seen/heard the fire engines and a coupla police cars pile out of the town I’m working in 😐

toby1

I bailed on my bike commute again today, I hate not riding to work, if I come by car I’m sleepier and grumpier. Tomorrow – whatever the weather I’ll be biking in. Hoping from trees that are not being blown to a 45 degree angle in the morning.

allthepies
    Free Member

I had to avoid a dead christmas tree in the middle of the road this morning. Driven in each day this wk, can’t be doing with dark,wet commutes with this wind (the meteorological phenomena not any intestinal issues).

binners

toby1 – I feel your pain brother. I vowed to ride in this week. I rode in Tuesday morning and it felt really dodgy. Left the bike in work and got a lift home

Be very careful if you do tomorrow. Discretion is the better part of valour. I’m really fecked off with not riding. But it actually feels genuinely dangerous in these side-winds

In fact, I’m really fecked off with being indoors. Its shite!

finbar
    Free Member

Every pair of shoes i own is wet.

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Your not wrong, i would rather have it cold and crisp than this rubbish.

Jamie
    Free Member

I am off exercising this week, to give a chest/mucus issue a chance to clear up. Looks like I picked a good week to be ill.

iDave
    Free Member

I’ve binned biking, running off-road instead.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Have had enough of not being able to get out and ride 🙁

And to make matters worse, the ‘winter skills’ course (crampons / iceaxe arrests / avalanche awareness etc) that I was due to do this weekend in Snowdonia is not possible due to lack of snow!!! Would be more of a mud skills course at the moment.

Am now going slightly stircrazy

Grumble … mutter … moan …

binners

I know what you mean Sue. I’m getting proper cabin fever. I’m not designed to be indoors for this percentage of the time. Its rubbish.

Whinge… whine…. moan 😥

The only consolation is comfort food. I cooked us a lovely Hot Pot last night. It’d been in the slow cooker all day. Tastes so much better when you’re listening to the rain and wind battering the windows 😀

scruff
    Free Member

Rode in this morning but there was some nice sidewinds, thankfully ALL the traffic was stationary due to various road being blocked due to felled trees. Cant be arsed about tonights nightride ride though.

hels
    Free Member

Seriously ??

I’ll take this dreich windy stuff any day over the foot of snow we had for two months last year in the town. Can still run, can still ride on the road, can still ride offroad, can still go hiking. Don’t have to spend an hour digging the car out to get to work…

So your feet are wet, diddums… get some better shoes.

imnotverygood

M.t.f.u since nobody else has said it

neil853
    Free Member

I’ve sacked off riding rhough being lazy/no where to wash bike/too windy, but I’ve been running three times this week and got soaked every time, so i’m even sick of that now 🙁

Got a good ride planned for Sunday with vortexracing around Rivi and ‘apparently’ the wind is meant to lessen 🙄

binners

Hels. You’re clearly insane. Riding in this is horrible. Riding in snow is a right laugh! 😀

nobtwidler
    Free Member

May I suggest some people need to MTFU! and WTFU! 😆

Bugger too late

elaineanne
    Free Member

friday is supposed to be better ! thats in then ! roll on summer 😉 if we get one ? 😉

Sue_W
    Free Member

Looks out window at the gales coming straight in off the ocean … checks met office – severe weather warning for north Wales, recorded windspeeds of 87mph …

… contemplates suggesting that those who fancy getting on a bike, or hiking in the mountains, or going for a run, come over here give it a go – I’ll just watch and laugh 😀

Will go and WTFU by making a cup of coffee and having a biscuit – can I get you anything Binners?

iDave
    Free Member

I’ll ride in most conditions but the wind adding half an hour to a usual 1 hour loop, plus gusts when passing gateways makes it a bit silly.

binners

Thanks Sue – just got a coffee myself too. I’m on the third floor up here. The horizontal rain is absolutely lashing against the window. My bike’s downstairs. Its staying there too 😀

wrightyson
    Free Member

When you work outside it sucks balls! At least a foot of snow means I don’t get here!! 5 out of 5 new properties have also sprung a leak this morning, I’ve found and resolved the issue on all 5 plots, however it wouldn’t have been good had we been plastered and fully decorated! So the driving rain has been good for something!!

joao3v16
    Free Member

It’s the middle of winter.

It happens every single year.

A period of unfavourable weather really shouldn’t be unexpected.

It will improve.

Like it also does every single year.

molgrips
    Free Member

So your feet are wet, diddums… get some better shoes

Lol… as Brits, we don’t notice wet. Gales and lashing rain tend to disrupt cycling though.. my car got blown a foot sideways on Monday on the motorway, I’m sure I’d have fared worse on a bike…

I’ll ride in anything (snow included) except high winds, and perhaps thick fog on busy or narrow roads. Although I will ride in fairly high winds if I can make it to the woods, since that helps a lot.

I’d definitely take the snow option over this crap. Snow:

– gets you a day off work, or more
    – provides snowballs
    – can be sledged or skiied upon
    – makes everything look beautiful
    – makes a fun change to routine
    – can be used to make snowmen, build igloos and have no end of fun with your kids or other people’s

Heavy rain:

– is crap

iDave
    Free Member

It will improve.

Yeah we know that and I don’t think anyone was suggesting otherwise.

crazy-legs

I was all set to ride in this morning after 2 days of having to drive. Binned it when I heard the rain and wind this morning, it was proper lashing it down. Too dangerous on my road commute in those conditions and there were branches all over the place as well.
    Got the train in instead and even on the walk from the station to work I still got soaked and windblown. 🙁

Give me snow and super cold weather any day over this.

Jamie
    Free Member

It will improve.

What’s your point, caller?

I_Ache
    Free Member

I have been wanting to get out on the bike all week but I cant stand going out on my own when it is raining. I don’t mind it starting when I’m already out or if I am planning to meet somebody I will go out.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Cor blimey you lot, listen to yourselves..

Are you all SAD sufferers?? I wonder because this weather we’re having is “like” normal, normal for this time of year, so it’s a bit windier, nice, it’ll blow the air clean and the water we need to top up reservoirs for sure (other wise you’ll all be moaning on about “I can’t water my petunias” in June)

I’m going windsurfing in a mo, it’s been a while since we’ve had mild temps and blowing old boots here on the sarf carst.. So I’m making the most of this.

Having said that, MrsBouys parents farm has lost a chimney and about to loose more tiles off the barn roof.. hey ho.

derekrides
    Free Member

It’s a tad unusual for January though, given when it should have happened we were basking in 30 degrees and on the beach.

The weather is definitely getting weird, can’t personally remember Januarys like this, cold yes, wet yes but Typhoons?

Burls72
    Free Member

I’m still cycling (36 miles a day), only been back two days and already it’s starting to get to me. I do a mix of road and muddy cycle paths so I get plastered in mud everyday which just wears you down after a while.

Tuesday night a cross wind blew me into the kerb, lost the front wheel on some mud and fell into the road. Luckily the car following me wasn’t too close otherwise i’d be flat by now! Fair play to the driver behind he stopped and checked I was ok, the only thing hurt was my pride 😆

On the bright side, we’ve had the shortest day so it’s all downhill now, roll on the summer!!!

molgrips
    Free Member

I wonder because this weather we’re having is “like” normal

We normally get a period of this then some quieter weather.. this has been unrelenting for a while now I believe. That’s the point, I think some of us would like some respite.

(other wise you’ll all be moaning on about “I can’t water my petunias” in June)

Would we hell.

finbar
    Free Member

MTFU

Yawn. I don’t have a car so i cycle twice a day everyday. Doesn’t mean i have to enjoy it when it’s dark, windy and rainy.

mactheknife

The only thing keeping me sane is my kettlebell routine and long runs in the evening, that way i feel that im not too cooped up in utter darkness 😥

I really dont handle the winters very well 👿

Saying that i had a good 30 mile road ride the other day, Slow but good to get the legs moving 😀

warton
    Free Member

It baffles me why the weather affects people so much.

We live in northern europe, its cold and wet for 10 months of the year pretty much, why do people feel the need to constantly go on about it, and why do they let it affect their mood so much?

Life really is too short.

Drapoon
    Free Member

I must riding on the wings of lady luck this week -ridden home (20 miles) the past two days & intend to this eve. The winds have blasted me home, not even had a side wind to slow me down each day. I’ve shaved 10 mins off my commute 😉

smug of Northants

Gary_M
    Free Member

Exactly the same as toby1. Got all my stuff out last night ready for my 20 miles commute as the forecast said much lighetr winds and from the north west so a tail wind home. Got woken up about 4am by the wind battering the house and thought ‘ah 2 hours for that to die down’, woke at 6am and it was still blwoing again so had to give up on the riding to work again.

Looks much calmer now so at least I’ll get out for a walk at lunch time and off tomorrow so should get out for a couple of hours.

binners

It baffles me why the weather affects people so much.

Are you English, Sir? Clearly not! If you were, you be dashed well aware of one’s moral obligations as an Englishman. One is obliged to drone on and on and on and on about the weather. I am not the one who made the rules, Sir! They were actually designed by a convoluted series of Whitehall committees. Anyway, I digress…. Ahem…… if we do not adhere strictly to the rules, then where would that bally well leave us? Eh?

Like France? Like France, Sir! France?! Do you want that? Do you?!!! Think on……

molgrips
    Free Member

why do they let it affect their mood so much

Do you really want the answer to that? There are many good ones, if you are prepared to listen and learn.

mactheknife

warton – Member

why do they let it affect their mood so much?

Unfortunately i have absolutely no choice about this, BUT i know what works for me to help my mood in the near perpetual darkness that is the UK winters.

But im glad you are ok and doing well. But watch its a long way to fall off that high horse of yours 😀

seosamh77
    Free Member

Sun is shining up here, lovely day actually.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘This weather is starting to get on my tits!!’ is closed to new replies.