Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • This weather is actually making me depressed…
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

Was meant to be going for a pentlands ride tomorrow night…can’t see that happening unless I take a jetski:-(

Got back from the Alps a month ago and have been on the bike twice since I think…am getting withdrawl symptoms so have decided to post my holiday vid to remind me what the sun actually looks like 🙂

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHiiMpC23Yo&feature=player_embedded[/video]

🙁

jam-bo

Scorchio in pastyland today.

dh
    Free Member

+1

thoroughly depressing through in the west of scotland as well for the past – oooh 2 months maybe? constant pissing bloody rain.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Ciderville was nice n toasty today

tpbiker
    Free Member

WTF are Ciderville and Pastyland????

Are they close to Edinburgh, because if so I’m heading along…

I_Ache
    Free Member

Embrace the bad weather, not that we have any here. You never know when you might be off the bike for a few months with an injury. Now that’s depressing.

Jamie
    Free Member

28ish degrees and blue skies in Cambs today.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Yeah, good point Edinburgh lot.

What is going on? This was supposed to be my Summer Of Riding Fun.

Yeah, I’ve been riding but it is miserable when my continual attitude is a descreasingly chipper “well, when you’re wet, you’re wet” Ho Ho ho…

PLEASE JUST ONE WEEK, ONE WEEK OF DRYNESS-MAYBE HOTNESS-FOR US!

S.A.D? Scotland As Described.

tpbiker
    Free Member

apparently its going to be dry tomorrow!

I’m always a bit wary of ripping up the trails when the weathers been this bad. In places the pentlands becomes like a bog..

I’ve even resorted to buying a roadbike…..looks like it’ll get its first outing tomorrow.

coogan
    Free Member

Hmmm. Can’t say Morzine is somewhere I’ll be going on the bike. Not my style of riding all those wide open tracks.

coogan
    Free Member

I’ll be going nowhere near the Pentlands for a while either, will just be a complete boggy mess just now.

druidh
    Free Member

Remember – there are water shortages in the far North West and the Outer Hebrides….

tpbiker
    Free Member

coogan…

Are you refering to the vid? Because if you are fear not!

a: most of it was taken in Les Getz as the Morzine lifts were closed
    b: all the nice technical stuff turned out horribly on the camera..far to bumpy, hence none included
    c: We’re shit, so avoided all the dangerous looking stuff!

But its sunny, so whats not to like!

_tom_
    Free Member

Awesome weather here all day. Shame I was working for most of it but got a quick ride in at Woburn after work and will do the same most afternoons this week if the weather holds up I reckon 🙂

coogan
    Free Member

Yeah, did some Les Arcs DH a month ago, was good, but much prefer all the super tight, steep, rocky, rooty, switchbacky stuff in San Foy, Tigne, Les Arcs, La Rosiere that’s what tickles me into giggles.

But I agree, the sun made such a difference to the constant pishing rain we’re getting just now…

motorman
    Free Member

As Druidh says, the far NW of Scotland is bone dry.
    I was there a few days ago….take a look for yourselves 😉

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f_S6lZ4vpU&list=HL1343083606&feature=mh_lolz[/video]

Location, Location, Location 8)

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘This weather is actually making me depressed…’ is closed to new replies.