• This topic has 95 replies, 63 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)
  • This very poo week just got worse – missis on Match.com content.
  • doh
    Free Member

Been having a week just filled with all sorts of BS and just to top it off got a rather helpful email earlier tonight from a friend directing me to a match.com profile of my missis (we are not married btw)

had a look (setup a profile in my name) and she describes herself as happily seperated and two years younger than she actually is.

i’m not angry that will prob come later but i just sent her a message saying you are a lying moo as you are 43 not 41. (best i could come up with)

awaiting response to my message do you think i’ll get a date out of it 🙁

and no you can’t have her details before anyone asks.

effing bastitch of a week 😥

jamj1974

doh. Jesus that’s crap. Can’t imagine how that must feel.

Take care dude!

J

6079smithw
    Free Member

Was it an active profile though?
    If you don’t delete an account from yonks ago the profile can still be found I think.

cbike
    Free Member

Could be old – I cannae remember where mine is, passwords etc and neither can my other half. It must still be there.

gonefishin
    Free Member

^what they said about it possibly being an old account.

There is a way of determining when they were last online and if its many months ago then you almost certainly have nothing to worry about. It is a bit stalkerish though.

thegreatape
    Free Member

If you get told by a mate then have a look, that’s not really stalkerish – how many of us wouldn’t look in those circumstances?

gonefishin
    Free Member

Having a look isn’t stalkerish. Setting up your own account, having a look and sending a message is a bit stalkerish.

peterfile
    Free Member

There’s always the possibility that she’s into a wee bit of (relatively) harmless flirting? I know a girl with some serious insecurity issues and she tends to frequent the dating sites without actually going on any dates. Still not exactly the qualities you want in a partner, but might signify an issue other than her just doing the dirty.

That said, if I was in your shoes, I’d probably be making use of that profile you’ve just set up.

nealglover
    Free Member

It is a bit stalkerish though.

Are you having a laugh ?!

hora
    Free Member

When was her profile last active? If you do a search using her criteria and select ‘last logged in’ it should bring up the latest top.

How long have you been together?

To put yourself WITH a picture on a dating site is very risky. Everyone knows someone, its sods law. I wouldn’t jump in just yet.

IF though she ‘goes out for a night with the girls’ – out of character etc or sounds shady. Then I’d have it out but STAY CALM.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Relationship test and hora hasn’t advised an STD test yet?

hora
    Free Member

…and you haven’t suggested the ‘bizzy’s’ are somewhere? 😀

jambalaya
    Free Member

This requires a face to face conversation, the fact you sent a message is rather telling, you don’t sound like you have much communication. You need to get to the bottom of this. It could be an old profile but how long have you been together, it could be she was active on the site before you were together, it could have been whilst you were together.

If its time to move on just move on.

Best of luck.

BTW lying by a few years is standard practice as are old photos. A friend of mine was on it and I actually didn’t recognise him when he showed me his profile, I’ve known him 10 years and it was an older photo than that

hora
    Free Member

+1 a girl I know used pics from 5yrs+ ago. I said why?! ‘I wanted to use my best one etc’. Its false-advertising though. You’d be pissed off expecting a 20 something female and getting a thirtysomething ‘changed’ person.

DezB
    Free Member

Does she like cozy nights in with a DVD?

scaredypants

what’s the DVD Dez ? I’m free Friday

buzz1024
    Free Member

As above it could be an old profile – if not 😕

Old photos – been a “victim” of that – nice girl,fit etc – I didn’t recognise her when we met as she’d aged 15yrs and put on 6 stone in a week – didn’t have a 2nd date 😆

DezB
    Free Member

what’s the DVD Dez ?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974613

Look ok?

DezB
    Free Member

If you don’t fancy that – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0250797/

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Best talk face-to-face.

But if she likes ‘going out but also cozy nights in on the sofa’ then you’re best off out of it. 😉

DezB
    Free Member

But if she likes ‘going out but also cozy nights in on the sofa’ then you’re best off out of it.

Oi! That’s my number one selection criteria 😕

Mister-P
    Free Member

“Nights out and cosy nights in”. You might as well write “my interests include breathing”.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You’d be pissed off expecting a 20 something female and getting a thirtysomething ‘changed’ person.

Yes but you still would wouldn’t you Hora 😉

As others note is it a new or an old profile

DezB
    Free Member

As others note is it a new or an old profile

Or, what I like to call, a ‘light the blue touch paper’ thread..?

zokes
    Free Member

You might as well write “my interests include breathing”.

I’m not that interested in breathing. I just tend to take it for granted I suppose.

wrecker
    Free Member

The mistake was to message her revealing who she is. You should have attempted to arrange a date.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

What he said ^

buzz1024
    Free Member

doesn’t matter about the breathing bit – so long as their still warm.

Pigface
    Free Member

You should have attempted to arrange a date.

If you like Pina Colada . . . . .

Ro5ey
    Free Member

The messaging may have been a stroke of genius.

It may well determine whether it’s an old account. If it is an old account it might be an old email address attached to it. And hopefully she never get the message, this is good for two reason

1) the obviously good news that she isn’t a … choose your own four letter word.

and 2) In not picking up the message to an old email account… she will not flip this on its head and accuse our OP of being a untrusting whatever…. possibly opening up another different can of worms ??

Hope I’m right…. no matter how much conjecture there is in my argument

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

So she posted that two years ago, which is why she appears two years younger than she is. Was she with you then?

MrsToast
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xckBwPdo1c[/video]

wrecker
    Free Member

I think you need to intitiate very rough intercourse ASAP. Just to re-establish your dominance and position as an ultra-alpha male.

dabble
    Free Member

You’d be pissed off expecting a 20 something female and getting a thirtysomething ‘changed’ person.

Transvestites/sexuals? Very niche, 😉 .

julianwilson
    Free Member

^ 😆 @ Mrs Toast -I was reading through the thread and thinking just the same thing. 😀

DezB
    Free Member

So she posted that two years ago, which is why she appears two years younger than she is. Was she with you then?

Doesn’t your age update on a dating site? Damn! I knew I shoulda joined one 10 years ago (just in case, like).

headfirst
    Free Member

Did you not stop to ask your mate how he came across your ‘missus’ (if you pardon the expression) on the site? Does your OH meet his criteria for his ideal woman??

I’d be worried.

brakes
    Free Member

very rough intercourse ASAP

you mean an argument?

wwaswas

you mean an argument?

It’s very popular.

There’s several Rowing Clubs near me.

bails

Did you not stop to ask your mate how he came across your ‘missus’ (if you pardon the expression) on the site? Does your OH meet his criteria for his ideal woman??

I’d be worried.

Really?

Presumably the OP, the OP’s mate and the OP’s gf are all of vaguely similar ages so the OP’s gf probably fits the OP’s mate’s likely search criteria of:
    -lives within 30 miles of me
    -within 10 years of my age
    -female

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 96 total)

The topic ‘This very poo week just got worse – missis on Match.com content.’ is closed to new replies.