Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • This swine flu thing
  • Harry_the_Spider

A bloke at work's son is a suspected case.

Should he be in the office?

trailmonkey

No, kids shouldn't be in the workplace

willard

Unless the workplace is a school. Then it is acceptable

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I'm hoping to catch it soon whilst it's still niche and cool……

IdleJon

Should you be in the office having been in third hand contact with somebody 'suspected' of pig flu? That's the real question.

Nice day for a ride.

donald
    Free Member

Oh God.

Now I'm going to have to disinfect my keyboard.

druidh
    Free Member

Nah – you're right anyone with any suspicious symptoms should stay off work.

Sunny day? Sniff, sniff, cough, cough.

mrmo
    Free Member

how does this work, if i have time off i loose my attendance bonus, so do i stay off work and loose my bonus even though the group policy is stay at home, or go to work infect everyone and refuse to go home if they tell me to so i don't loose any money?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Ooooooooooooooooh….

Just been told my my manager that a collegue who is off work today is a suspected SF case.

Yes. Seriously.

Gulp.

jon1973
    Free Member

attendance bonus

You get a bonus for turning up to doing the job they pay you for?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member

attendance bonus

Civil servant, I assume?

ricochet_rob
    Free Member

We have a case at work, they say they have been off since getting it and that nothing needs to happen.

Some people have been calling in saying they wont come in to work in case they get it, the word is they will all be getting in lots of trouble…..

mrmo
    Free Member

jon1973 – Member

attendance bonus

Civil servant, I assume?

No, they are shutting the plant down and relocating it at the end of the year. As anyone knows the only way to motivate someone who will be loosing their job is more money to turn up, and even more money not to go else where before they have a chance to relocate skills and equipment.

rOcKeTdOg

over 100 cases a day now reported in Worcestershire according to my hospital intranet, so it's bound to be more than that, might as well get it now, coz you'll get it eventually, especially once winter starts, summer conditions is the only thing holding it back from really taking hold

emac65
    Free Member

A usual the media have blown it out of all proportion imo.Know of several people that have had it & guess what they aint dead!Just had a few days feeling like sh1t & then they are back on their feet,just like normal flu then……

richc
    Free Member

well it seems that some people are doing their best to get it now, whilst its still a weaker strain

willard

The ginger one from Harry Potter had it and he's still alive and still ginger.

Bedds
    Free Member

Well current recommendations is to only treat those who are symptomatic.. it only lasts 4-5 days and is no worse than seasonal flu.. Tamiflu is only effective at reducing the effects by a day IIRC..

I wouldn't worry about it

Drac

There's going to be a big increase in the cases very soon because it's now been declared that GPs can diagnose Swine Flu and no longer needs blood tests.

GrahamS
    mrmo
    Free Member

pedant… I work with Computers, since when do i need to be able to spell?

GrahamS

Maybe just me but when I read:
    "if i have time off i loose my attendance bonus"

I think to myself:
    "Well just tighten it again. Maybe put some blue Loctite on the threads" 😆

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘This swine flu thing’ is closed to new replies.