• This topic has 41 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by iolo.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • This stupid politician woman.What else is going on?
  • iolo
    Free Member

I know there is a separate thread about her but this story could have been released at any time ie she didn’t scam everyone in the uk last week. I hope the police get her and let her rot but that’s not for here.
    It seems to me there might be many other issues that could be brushed under the carpet while everyone screams at her in the media.
    Or am I being cynical?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Aliens have taken over Berkshire.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

this story could have been released at any time

You mean like perhaps six months after she had made her 32 second apology to the House of Commons?

The problem with news providers is that they like to report current news, not news which is several months old.

mtbfix

Aliens have taken over Berkshire.

(Looks out of window) No, they haven’t.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How can you tell ?

thepurist

Aliens that look exactly like normal people have taken over Berkshire.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

You mean like a good day to bury bad news brought to you by the lovely cuddly labour party and their spinmeisters?

iolo
    Free Member

I lived in Berkshire. I met a few aliens.
    That’s old news.
    I’m just saying this story sounds like a smokescreen for some dubious goings on.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I thought it was a spotlight for some dubious goings on ?

You think there is worse news than a cabinet minister resigning which has slipped under the radar ?

Well Cameron has obviously fooled us all then !

iolo
    Free Member

are you drunk?
    EDIT: ninja editing there ernie. You made no sense.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No, but I don’t mind admitting that I’m confused.

Is there another “stupid politician woman” story which I’ve missed ?

iolo
    Free Member

You’re not getting my point. That’s fine. Have a nice day.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

EDIT: ninja editing there ernie.

I just added the last two sentences. I’m not sure that suggests ninja skills.

But you’re right, I’m not getting your point. Although luckily that’s fine. You have a nice day too 🙂

hora
    Free Member

Overclaimed 45k.

Asked to pay back 6k.

OP in your job if you fiddled your expenses you would be SACKED.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Iolo, last week the government released three statements of “good news” on the same day (in the same hour in fact!) as the 32 second apology. I guess to divert as much attention away from her. Maybe the ruse is to help everyone forget tat the chancellor of the exchequer also made 440k pure profit from flipping his homes too. As if he needs an extra 440 k!

iolo
    Free Member

I know. I’m not defending her. Hang her and all others who did the same outside the houses of parliament as far as I’m concerned.
    What I’m saying is there was that time when this scandal went on – duck houses and all. Why is is now this silly cow gets it?
    Let’s see what’s going on. Syria, Ukraine, the pure evil in the Congo amongst many other things. Parliament don’t sack her. All the media are concentrated on her. What else is Cameron and co trying to hide using her as distraction.
    How long will it be until the next politician gets discovered?

bearnecessities
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What else is Cameron and co trying to hide using her as distraction.

What a bizarre suggestion. The reason Miller gave for her resignation was precisely that according to her the continuing story was a distraction from the work of the government.

I’m sure there is nothing which Cameron would more like to see right now than for the story to go away.

jackthedog
    Free Member

What else is going on?

Well the NHS is being dismantled and privatised, and they’re not reporting on that. The justice system is going the same way, and they’re not reporting on that. As is the education system. All we get to hear from the mainstream media is propaganda that fools us into thinking it’s actually a good thing that a small handful of inherited wealth millionaires are handing control of the country to unaccountable off shore companies owned by their friends.

There’s all manner of things the public need to know that they’re refusing to report on. I’ve seen it first hand. I was on a day long, 70,000 strong march that went entirely unreported. It’s quite amazing.

And terrifying.

Hardly surprising when the main media outlets are the mouthpieces of Viscount Rothemere (Mail) Rupert Murdoch (news international) and the Tories (Chris Patten, ex Tory chair is chair of the BBC trust). And look who’s in charge of the NHS these days.

We’re now governed by a party funded mainly by big business and by personal donations made by millionaires, and run by people up to their eyeballs in private commercial interests in the companies taking on the very state contracts they’re offloading to the private sector. They’re gifting themselves state assets we built, bought and paid for. This isn’t a recession; it’s theft.

And they’re getting away with it with that little bit of help from their friends in media because the only viable political alternative in this broken skewed political system is just as corrupt, just as evil and just as viciously self serving as they are.

binners

In other news…..

Hora’s now a roadie*! 😯

* the word Is used figuratively in this instance, and does not imply any actual riding of bikes. It means that the classifieds will now be being bothered by road bike sales, instead of the endless hardtail/full suss alternating. It will however be intriguing to see what makes up the future warranty claims instead of forks that ‘don ‘t work’. Any offers?

Other than that, what jackthedog said is pretty much on the money!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

All we get to hear from the mainstream media is propaganda that fools us into thinking…….the only viable political alternative in this broken skewed political system is just as corrupt, just as evil and just as viciously self serving as they are.

Seriously, think through what you are actually saying.

It is within the power of the British electorate to turn British politics upside down. It doesn’t because it isn’t interested in doing so.

Stop blaming ‘the system’ and accept that we get what we vote for. The reason there is so little difference between the major political parties is because they have tailored their policies to appeal to the widest possible public opinion.

If you’re not happy with the status quo then do something about it. In the meantime don’t look for scapegoats. That won’t change anything.

jackthedog gets my vote.

If you’re not happy with the status quo then do something about it

Bit like those protesters in the Ukraine? The ones that got shot?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Yes, like those protesters in Ukraine – the ones that got shot.

Because that is exactly what will happen if the British electorate choose an alternative to the Conservatives or Labour…..they will all be shot.

Give me strength

iolo
    Free Member

Mighty ernie
    What is the solution? You seem to be the font of all knowledge.
    Please enlighten us mere mortals.

bren2709

Is it not Fraud?

jam-bo

What is the solution? You seem to be the font of all knowledge.
    Please enlighten us mere mortals.

Grumbling on the internet it would seem.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

No you’re right iolo, there is no alternative other than to vote for one of the major parties. You would need to be some sort of genius to figure out what the solution might be. So just carry on voting like you’re told to vote. And don’t forget to complain, will you ? After all it won’t be your fault.

iolo
    Free Member

What are you talking about ernie?
    Whose telling me to vote?
    Again, are you drunk?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Again, are you drunk?

Says the person who suggests that David Cameron instigated the whole disastrous and damaging Maria Miller fiasco to draw attention away from “bad” news !!!

Priceless ! 😀

bearnecessities

Whose telling me to vote?

Firstly, it’s “who’s” and secondly, just pack in in, the pair of you!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bear, your first point is perfection. Sadly your second is totally wasted. If Ernie, and others, spent even half as much time actually doing something about the problems of the world as they do pointlessly pontificating on the interwebz, Miss World contestants would have to wish for something other than world peace.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

I hope the police get her and let her rot but that’s not for here.
    It seems to me there might be many other issues that could be brushed under the carpet while everyone screams at her in the media.

quite a lot of the pre 2010 MP’s have a lot to hide… wondering where the dynamic front bench duo of Mr and Mrs Balls are, possibly hiding so no-one askes them about their expenses arrangements

Peter Bone is also in trouble

and as for David Laws…..

iolo
    Free Member

Firstly, it’s “who’s”

Sorry, English is my second language and I’m hopeless at grammar.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Next you’ll saying that you’re completely uninterested in this thread Flashheart, eh ? 🙂

If Ernie, and others, spent even half as much time ….blah, blah,

I’ve done my bit mate.

bearnecessities

Miss World contestants would have to wish for something other than world peace.

Compere: “..and what would you wish for young lady?”
    Lady: “Just to save the whale. 26″ of course”

iolo
    Free Member

I’ve done my bit mate.

tell us more oh mighty one

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Well it involves more than sitting at home moaning endlessly.

iolo
    Free Member

Really doesn’t seem so to me.
    The anticipation is killing me.
    Are you a guru?
    Did you teach the Dalai Lama?
    Do you heal the unwashed?
    Can we start a new religion?

jackthedog
    Free Member

If you’re not happy with the status quo then do something about it. In the meantime don’t look for scapegoats. That won’t change anything.

I’ve thought long and hard about the things I’m saying, Ernie. Enough to become active about it. You don’t know me, nor what I do or do not do, but I can assure you politics for me doesn’t begin and end with voting, nor does it begin and end with online discussion. Both are, however, included. As is moaning. Because sometimes when you’ve had your head buried in this shit for months on end, it helps to vent.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

@ iolo

Yeah I can’t compete with your wit – you win.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘This stupid politician woman.What else is going on?’ is closed to new replies.