Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)
  • This spider attacked me…
  • fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

Trapped this bastard in a glass to remove it and it jumped a good 2foot up to my face!

It got bloody agressive so i decided to keep it in a large container to see what happened, it started head butting the plastic and then spun some crazy as web and just snuffed it.

Do spiders get rabbies?

soma_rich
    Free Member

GrahamS

Do spiders get rabbies?

Only the Jewish ones.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I call dibbs on his bikes – he can only have a few hours left to live!

MrTall
    Free Member

I reckon it’s just playing dead waiting for you to remove the glass.

Your days are numbered………..

soma_rich
    Free Member

Its got a knife!

Pook

oy vey

Kryton57

Its got its hand up, thats for sure. Perhaps it wants to ask the forum a question?

Kryton57

Kryton57 – Member
    Its got its hand up, thats for sure. Perhaps it wants to ask the forum a question?

What size for a Web? 26, 29 or 650b?

binners

It hasn’t got its hand up. Its pointing! Directing the hoardes of rabid death spiders, presently hiding behind the curtains, towards their target

benslow
    Free Member

Scuse me – anyone recommend some cheap lights ?

Kryton57

Hmmm. How many lumens for a spider?

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

Can any one identify it?

crotchrocket
    Free Member

it’s a spider, I think it’s Insey Wincy. But it could be Dave

wwaswas

‘This thread needs rainbows and spokey dokeys’ said the Spider to the fly.

GrahamS

Can any one identify it?

Nigel

Kryton57

fourcrossjohn – Member
    Can any one identify it?

Yup. His name is Dave T Wildebeest,Spider of the North, defeater of the almighty Webcatcher, hunter of the fly.

muckytee
    Free Member

Freeze it with an upside down can of compressed air.

binners

He used to be called Stan, but for a while he’s insisted on everyone calling him Loretta

somafunk

It’s a Wolf spider from the Lycosidae (latin for wolf) family, quiet common for them to jump and they do attempt to attack pretty much anything if cornered which is why they get their name i guess. I got a wee bite on the thin skin on the back of my hand from one years ago as i was treating an attic for woodworm, got such a shock i squealed like a slapped bairn and stumbled, put a foot and leg through the punters ceiling – he didn’t believe me till 15mins later when a little red weal started to build up round the double bite area.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It got bloody agressive so i decided to keep it in a large container to see what happened, it started head butting the plastic and then spun some crazy as web and just snuffed it.

Excited delirium.

Cougar

wwaswas

Was it a very big container?

mt
    Free Member

What’s it’s web address?

igmc

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

mt – your coat left before you did

nicko74

Fourcrossjohn – where do you live? If it’s Oz, get to a doctor. UK, you should be fine, it’s just having a bad day. The dying part is quite funny though…

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

I’m in the uk, i didn’t bite me btw!

after it cocked out i gased it with lighter fluid to make sure it was out cold so i could get rid of it, it landed on the ground and then just scurried off, i feel for my welfare…

RealMan
    Free Member

somafunk

It’s away to raise a spider army assault team – beware!, duct tape your windows, door frames, letterbox, keyholes, brick up your chimney if you have one and always have a can of hairspray and a dependable lighter to hand – post up here every hr so we know you are still alive.

bigyinn
    Free Member

fourcrossjohn – Member

I’m in the uk, i didn’t bite me btw!

after it cocked out i gased it with lighter fluid to make sure it was out cold so i could get rid of it, it landed on the ground and then just scurried off, i feel for my welfare…
    You’re on the IOW, if its a local spider for local people, they’ll be back in hoardes with pitchforks and burning torches tonight. 😆

somafunk

Almost forgot….they do curl up their legs and play dead for hours sometimes, yep….they really do. You can roll them about for ages – poke them wi pencils, blow them about etc and just when you start to consider it really is dead and decide to take a closer look under a magnifying glass at their eyes and fangs the creepy little feckers jump back to life and scare the crap out of you.

fourcrossjohn
    Free Member

bigyinn, are you a wighter?

wwaswas

are you a wighter

there’s probably a secret handshake or something too, isn;t there?

I_Ache
    Free Member

That Runcorn story is amazing. I sincerely hope it is real.

Gweilo
    Free Member

So the spider was dead, then you gassed it – to make sure it was dead, chucked it out the door to get rid of it, whereupon it rose from the dead and legged it…..

I think you encountered Bwyan the Spider Messiah

wwaswas

Bwyan the Spider Messiah

“he’s not the Messiah, he’s a very naughty boy” etc etc

GrahamS

“Draw me like one of your French girls…”

whippersnapper
    Free Member

I have one of these taken up residence outside the window. Might remove it if he’s going to jump through the window and attack me, don’t fancy that.

Here it is with dinner.

CountZero

It’s not a Wolf spider, it’s a Garden Orb Weaver or Diadem spider, Araneus Diadematus

And yes, they do bite, one bit me when I was a kid, quite put me off spiders ever after. They can’t harm you, unlike the False Widow spiders.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘This spider attacked me…’ is closed to new replies.