• This topic has 9 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by MSP.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • This should be an easy one for the IT bods
  • pistonbroke
    Free Member

I was looking at some online mapping last night on my laptop via Firefox and in order to maximise the area of map viewed, I stupidly removed the various toolbars at the top of my screen. Now I can’t get them back, the one I really want is the line File Edit View History Bookmarks etc, I’ve tried googling this but all I get is advice to click on Tools which of course I cannot do as it is missing. I really don’t want to lose my bookmarks by reinstalling Firefox, any ideas please?

-m-
    Free Member

Does the Tools menu open if you use the ALT-T keyboard shortcut? In fact, even pressing ALT may make the menu bar reappear.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

What’s that, please be aware that I’m a complete point and click jockey. 🙂

-m-
    Free Member

Sorry…

Press the ALT key on your keyboard. Does that bring up the menu bar (File / Edit etc)?

If not, try pressing and holding down the ALT key, then pressing the T key on the keyboard – this should/could open the “Tools” menu.

Cougar

Press F11?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Ooh just pressed Alt and T and it does! It disappears when I click back on google though.

D0NK

haha i reproduced the problem and couldn’t find how to do it, cheers -m-

pistonbroke just press the alt key, the file menu bar will appear, right click on the bar and re-enable it and the others too – and in future use f11 to toggle full screen view

Rio

If you’re on the latest Firefox on Windows there’s a drop down menu at the top left of the screen – the orange box with firefox in it. From there it’s Options -> menu bar.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Thanks a lot, done now. I’d have been at this all day!

MSP

alt f

edit: there has been a lot of replys since I went to make a cup of coffee

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘This should be an easy one for the IT bods’ is closed to new replies.