Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • This Russell Square incident…
  • loddrik
    Free Member

So, apparently it’s not terrorism, it’s mental illness what did it. This ‘mentally ill’ Norwegian of Somali origin just so happened to have an episode where the American embassy is is not.

I wonder how this one will pan out…

Is it now time to have men in white coats stationed around the capital instead of armed police??

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

American embassy is in Grosvenor Square. (Moving sarf of the moat soon, I believe.)

Don’t let that get in the way of your conjecture, however.

loddrik
    Free Member

Doh! That’ll learn me. That geography degree didn’t do me much good!!!!

I get the tit of the week award then.

gobuchul
    Free Member

Where does extremism end and madness begin?

Trying to chop an old mans head off with a knife sounds quite mad to me. However, that was definitely terrorism. Apparently.

footflaps

Where does extremism end and madness begin?

on the Chat forum of STW…

scotroutes

aP
    Free Member

There are more people living in Greater London than in both Scotland and Wales combined. I rather think that there’re just as terrible things going on in both of those principalities – maybe they should allow concealed carry weapons in them?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

One man’s terrorist is another mans freedom fighter or madman. Taking a cause doesn’t make you sane

Lifer
    Free Member

Is there any evidence he had a cause?

swavis

Is believing in a man in the sky not madness?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

He was DOUBLE foreign, that’s enough for me.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Arguably anyone who’s swept up by “extremist” ideology and prepared to kill people for their cause and possibly kill themselves in the process, has a mental illness.

Though most of us have some form of mental illness throughout life or know someone who has. Not that we necessarily want to go out killing people usually.

Anyway, once again it’s dropped to the bottom of the news the instant they’ve decided it’s not terrorism. That’s okay then, just some “crazy nutter”* 🙄

(* and I’m being sarcastic in that. I mean that’s how the news channels and papers will see him, rather than someone who needed help).

Lifer
    Free Member

So far the reports say no evidence of radicalisation and the attacker didn’t shout/say anything.

footflaps

He was DOUBLE foreign, that’s enough for me

Did he have a beard?

That normally clinches the ‘terrorist’ issue for me…

MoreCashThanDash

I get the tit of the week award then.

Don’t count your chickens. It’s only Thursday, I’m just getting into my stride….

Aristotle
    Free Member

deadkenny – Member
    Arguably anyone who’s swept up by “extremist” ideology and prepared to kill people for their cause and possibly kill themselves in the process, has a mental illness.

Quite.

Similarly, in the USA these days, there always seems to be a big effort to determine whether the latest gun massacre is “terrorism” or just good ol’ American gunplay -as if there is really a difference.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘This Russell Square incident…’ is closed to new replies.