Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • This really shouldn't annoy me….(eBay feedback content)
  • Jamie
    Free Member

…but it does.

Is it me, or do lots of sellers never give you feedback anymore? Unless, of course, you do so first. I know it’s being petty, but I really do not see why this should be the case. I have paid you for the item, that’s my bit done…

FEEDBACK PLEASE!

…but no, they just wait there, like a thief in the night, for you to give them some of that sweet sweet feedback first. Well bollocks to that! As a result, though, I am about 20-40 points down.

****s.

p.s I am currently in a queue, on the phone to a multinational, hence the moany post.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I don’t give feedback on sellers, CBA’d TBH.
    Mind some don’t give feedback on stuff I’ve sold neithers, suspect they CBA’d either.

No biggie.

mps711
    Free Member

Having been an ebay seller for some time, I always wait for the buyer to post feedback before I do. It’s a good way to know that the goods have been delivered and all is well.

As a buyer I always leave feedback as soon as I receive the item.

convert

Once sellers were unable to give negative feedback to buyers the whole thing has become pointless – a blackmail device at best.

I no longer bother to give it and haven’t a clue if I still receive it.

Drac

Always leave feedback as I only trade with those who have good feedback, it takes not much longer to leave the feedback then it did to purchase the item so only fair.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I always wait for the buyer to post feedback before I do. It’s a good way to know that the goods have been delivered and all is well.

WHY ?have they paid you or not? that is what you leave feedback on

Its pointless now given Ebay delete it so i tend to just use large companies safe in the knowledge that ebay will side with buyer even if i make it up that it was broken or that I did not get it

I have not checked my feedback but i never sell on there as it is too risky and expensive IMHO

griffiths1000
    Free Member

Once sellers were unable to give negative feedback to buyers the whole thing has become pointless

Ebay used to be realy good but recently would agree it has gone way down hill. Fees/commission have gone up and service has gone way down.

Ever used or should i say tried to use customer service recently? It is a joke! Round and round in circles and still cant get through.

hora
    Free Member

Once sellers were unable to give negative feedback to buyers the whole thing has become pointless – a blackmail device at best.

Its designed to give buyers confidence. After all, I can’t remember me or anyone I know being ripped off by a buyer.

For too long you’d buy something and half expect it to be used/worn out/a fake/take forever or be similarly misdescribed.

I can’t remember a time when a buyers money came like this.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

WHY ?have they paid you or not? that is what you leave feedback on

But if they’re a pain, complain about things that are clearly stated in the description etc. etc. then why give good feedback.

I don’t expect feedback off sellers until I give them feedback first.

griffiths1000
    Free Member

ebay will side with buyer even if i make it up that it was broken or that I did not get it

I recently bought a used makita belt sander, supposedly fully working order…is wasn’t. Contacted seller who said check the brushes, so i did and replaced them, still no good. Seller said would refund but could not do so with paypal…. give him my bank details and he would do so direct.

Sounded dodgy so i raised a case thinking customer support would come to my rescue and get my money back….what a joke! They decided in the sellers favor because of the new brushes i put in, the sander was no longer in the state i received it in and they decided against me and closed the case. Left Me £85 out of pocket.

gogg
    Free Member

As you can leave nothing but positive what’s the point?

You can’t post “AVOID this c**t!! He stripped the internals from my forks, replaced them with some gash ones and then claimed a refund. TO**ER!!”

It takes too many characters…
    😉

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

On the sander, doing the work lost you that case.

Think of it like any other shop. You wouldn’t buy a faulty product from Tesco, attempt to fix it yourself, and expect Tesco to take it back.

You should have sent it back and opened a case straight away.

It didn’t work, it’s as simple as that.

Junkyard
    Free Member

You wouldn’t buy a faulty product from Tesco, attempt to fix it yourself, and expect Tesco to take it back.

He contacted the shop and they told him to do something and he did it. To then blame them for this seems odd to say the least
    IMHO its still the shops fault.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Junkyard Ebay settled on the work done when he opened a case.

He should have opened a case and got a refund straight away.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I dont disagree but i am not sure how doing what the seller instructs you to do when it is broken somehow makes it become your fault as ebay have ruled.

Seems there is a number of canny sellers and buyers who know how to exploit ebay rulings

griffiths1000
    Free Member

He should have opened a case and got a refund straight away

I now know that now and won’t get caught out a second time. Seemed a simple thing “try a set of brushes” not exactly rocket science and instructed by the seller so never thought twice. He even offered to supply me with a set.

I would agree with Junkyard he knew what he was doing!

Seems there is a number of canny sellers and buyers who know how to exploit ebay rulings

And on the subject of feedback, the really annoying thing is as i opened a case i am blocked from leaving negative for the guy who is sitting there with 100% rating and will likely con some other unsuspecting punter.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘This really shouldn't annoy me….(eBay feedback content)’ is closed to new replies.