Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • This is real – you might need to read it twice
  • solarider
    Free Member

So, I departed the UK to live for a while in Hong Kong a few months ago.

One of the never ending sources of amusement with any foreign posting is getting used to the language and culture, and I have been really careful trying not to cause offence.

Today I was in the local bike shop and got handed this by the owner with a smile on his face.

I must admit, I had to look twice. It’s one of those things that at first my brain read correctly, and I didn’t get it. Then the light bulb moment happened!

Has Shimano entered into competition with Anne Summers? Or did somebody in the Japanese translation department at Shimano really[/u] think that you spell it like you say it?

Either way, this is a genuine product that has made its way to the sales floor.

sandwicheater

Sniggers.

eat_more_cheese
    Free Member

Have you actually opened the box yet? The shadow/shape on the right hand side of the box suggests it is an erectric wire set

solarider
    Free Member

That’s got me curious……..Nope definitely a very small wire to move a derailleur.

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

we have some of those at the shop, endless fun showing people!

stewartc
    Free Member

Probably a Chinese fake

cynic-al
    Free Member

faz083
    Free Member

I was gonna say.. is this not just the china version? Electric/erectric? hehe

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Looking at the shadow on the box –

Are you the one & only Bart Simpson?

legend
    Free Member

Or did somebody in the Japanese translation department at Shimano really think that you spell it like you say it?

You are really surprised at the company that’s still flogging ‘Deore’ kit? At least they’ve removed the picture of the stag these days

matt_outandabout

Yes yes (yes) , but does your shifting improve?

njee20
    Free Member

I must admit, I had to look twice. It’s one of those things that at first my brain read correctly, and I didn’t get it. Then the light bulb moment happened!

That’s what I did!

sweepy
    Free Member

Ah rubberry

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Wacist!

oldgit
    Free Member

Lacist surely, that’s haterz of Mr Ross.

retro83
    Free Member

legend – Member
    You are really surprised at the company that’s still flogging ‘Deore’ kit? At least they’ve removed the picture of the stag these days

😆 is that true?

user-removed
    Free Member

Supplies!

JoeG
    Free Member

I”ll bet that they are fake/counterfeit as others have suggested.

bspoked
    Free Member

Mitsubishi Starion

solarider
    Free Member

Nope, definitely real. Not everything in China is fake, although unbelievably they discovered fake eggs in Hong Kong a few weeks back. Surely that’s more difficult that producing the real thing?!

stewartc
    Free Member

Never underestimate the ability of the Chinese to fake something, the eggs are a great example.

onandon
    Free Member

rexated
    Free Member

Razy lacism.

But funny 😀

legend
    Free Member

retro83 – Member
    is that true?

I’ve always heard so:

There was an old thread here about it too: http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/what-does-deore-mean

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘This is real – you might need to read it twice’ is closed to new replies.