• This topic has 64 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by dot.
Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • This rain… (HTN content)
  • miketually
    Free Member

I'll have a gazebo

Pfft, I've got a teepee.

binners

My staff will be arranging my sleeping quarters in advance

Harry_the_Spider

You in with the Manchester Mountainbikers then? I understand that they are bringing a Big Top.

MrSparkle

Pfft, I've got a teepee.

I've got a Toupé.

nbt

terrahawk – Member

you're going to be riding chaps?

No, he's going to be riding in chaps

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Sorry I won't be able to help out tomorrow now.

See you on Saturday

miketually
    Free Member

I wonder how my teepee will cope with gale forces winds…

marsdenman
    Free Member

Gale force winds over the yorkshire side of the hill – if it's the same over there, course will be dry but camping will be fun, let alone gazebos'……
    Enjoy one and all – would love to have made it but, got a wedding to shoot….
    C

Bunnyhop

At the first HtN a gazebo took off and landed smack into trio 25's car, causing a wee bit of damage. So make sure they are secure folks.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Right. My bike has a few gears that work, a rear brake that works and a rear hub that spins smoothly on nice, clean bearings. Things are looking up from where they were this time yesterday. 🙂

edhornby

i'm so hard I'm going to ride on my bike to the event with my camping gear in a bag

grrr

(4 miles, not actually that difficult)

Bunnyhop

Waves to edhornby – we were camping next but one tent to your and yes you were (like Miketually) tented up to the hilt on your bicycle.

We had a brilliant time.
    Thanks to Terrahawk (and son) and Harry the spider.

KingofBiscuits
    Free Member

Just like to say thanks to all those involved. It was my first race/enduro event and I loved it.

Great, friendly atmosphere. Well marshalled and marked course (although I did get lost on the first lap (with 4 others costing 7-8 mins at least)
    by continuing up the cobbled climb and missing the right turn into the berm section). I think this was the difference between us and the JE James pair :-S

Looking forward to doing another event now.

Does anyone know where the vids and photos are from the event?

Bunnyhop

nbt is downloading photos as I type.
    There are however 473, so it's going take a bit of time 🙂

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Any sign and link on those photos Bunnyhop?

nbt

I have just finished re-installing Photoshop CS3 – taken me about a dozen attempts! I will crack on with processing photos (they're all in RAW format) and have a cup of tea while the computer chugs away 🙂

I believe you got an interesting one of me on the first muddy downhill section, nbt, as I cra… I mean made an unscheduled dismount. 😀

terrahawk
    Free Member

I did get lost on the first lap (with 4 others costing 7-8 mins at least

I thought the signs were ok there, but clearly not. You must have all had your heads down, you know, hammering along 😉

8 minutes though? Did you go shopping or something?

MrSparkle

Does anyone know where the vids and photos are from the event

Video will be up on YouTube at some point next week.

peachos
    Free Member

What was the deal on the first lap? Where we supposed to go up the mud-slide, then straight back down or not? When I got there, there were no marshalls/markers so we went straight on, then two chaps overtook us from the death-slide direction, clearly taking a different route to us? I'm pretty sure we had the right route as we were marshalled before meeting the two miscreants.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Video will be up on YouTube at some point next week.

will there be footage of amazing dancing?

Frankenstein
    Free Member

It was rather wet and muddy but fun but used my old steel SS so less cleaning on mechs etc.

terrahawk
    Free Member

peachos – you were supposed to go straight up the slope then back down again, as per the signs (the great big yellow ones painted on the road in addition to the red arrow signs pointing up the hill that were stapled to the trees.

Presumably you didn't go straight on every lap?

peachos
    Free Member

No, just on the first one, we came off the top onto the far side of the road and didn't see the sign which was on the near side, there can't have been a marshal there when we got there, I was a few metres behind the leader? I wondered whether it was deliberate to avoid a bottle-neck, obviously not!

dot
    Free Member

I did the same thing on the first lap I was following a couple of others, probably peachos 🙄

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘This rain… (HTN content)’ is closed to new replies.