Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • This place sometimes
  • rascal
    Free Member

On this first page right now.
    A thread about someone losing his dad.
    A thread about someone lost a baby daughter.
    3 threads about ‘will I die’ because my effing tyres are 2.2 instead of 2.3 (or similar).
    Flame away but let’s get some sense of perspective eh?
    Yes I’m grouchy as I know exactly how the dad guy is feeling right now…sorry for the rant.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yes I’m grouchy as I know exactly how the dad guy is feeling right now…sorry for the rant

Me too, best not to take it out on others though, it is a cycling forum after all.

scotroutes

Try looking here instead

iainc

Some heart wrenching threads, though variety is good. I have a daft thread about Enduro on the front page, I have also just had surgery for Prostate Cancer. Not sure about sense of perspective point entirely, some things affect people more when they have a personal knowledge/experience.

rascal
    Free Member

It was an impulse decision to type.
    I know no-one means any harm.
    Just the ‘will I die’ thing seems like ill chosen wording that’s all.

martinhutch

STW can be at its best when it can effortlessly mix up banal waffle with offering real assistance for people who are at their lowest moments. There’s room for everything here.

benji
    Free Member

You’ve missed out the top gear hating thread, which has new fuel with JC fresh suspended.

geoffj

It’s a flippant STW meme – nothing more.
    Sometimes it can appear insensitive – I didn’t mean it to be in my thread.

rascal
    Free Member

Ha – I chipped in in that one.

JAG

Given the tough times some are going through an occasional joke, even in bad taste, can and will lighten the mood; which we all appreciate 😆

rascal
    Free Member

Geoff – ignore me…just a bit sensitive at the mo 😳

ricky1
    Free Member

I agree rascal except for one thing,your title should read “this place ALL the time”

geoffj

Geoff – ignore me…just a bit sensitive at the mo

Don’t worry fella there have been times when I’ve really questioned the banality of this place too.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

You know how sometimes in a car park some people look like they’ve parked like a **** across two spaces – well, the “will I die” threads are just like that – you shouldn’t judge them too harshly as you don’t know what was parked where before they parked their car where it is.

scotroutes

Don’t worry fella there have been times when I’ve really questioned the banality of this place too.[/quote]I never question STWs banality.

mrmoofo

All that said, I do sometimes wonder why people post some intimate stuff on social media / bulletin boards. It is a sad fact of life that everyone dies. We all have parents, brothers and sisters, cousins and friends… TBH, I don’t need reminding of it.

I honestly find it a little macabre …

PS Funeral to go to a week on Monday ….

matther01
    Free Member

STW is a place to sometimes lose yourself and even ask the most stupid questions about life and bikes.

I’ll always remember the thread written by a father in hospital as he had just lost one of his young children and not knowing why he was sat there typing but all the touching and supportive comments made me feel part of what this place is all about…everything and nothing.

ricky1
    Free Member

I do remember sometime last year there was a guy called marky who did seem like he was in a spot of emotional dilemma,I think he was a bit depressed and he came on the forum and some of his posts were quite distressing and I think a few of us were worried about his wellbeing at that present moment in time,anyway turned out he just wanted someone to talk to or just listen and after talking with the STW’ers he perked up,don’t know what happened with him,hope he’s ok
    You see STW is like your best friend,not the friend who tells you your perfect and the best but the friend who isn’t scared to tell you your wrong or to tell you how it really is.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘This place sometimes’ is closed to new replies.