Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • this nearly ended my life
  • rOcKeTdOg

but luckily i was going uphill so only nearly ran into the side of it as the driver turned right across my path, if the guy had apologised instead of just laughing and driving off i would have not been so miffed! as i’m doing a 365 project on flickr i carry a compact cam with me all the time so was able to get a photo

so if you’re in the Warwick area look out for this number

as the guy is a complete w***ker
    why is it you only think of kicking the door in when he’s driven off laughing to himself?
    i’ve never ridden so fast up the last hill to home!!

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Nice work getting the photo etc!

Onzadog
    Free Member

You can’t stop there to take your pictures. That’s a controlled zone for a crossing that is!

avdave2

I can see this one getting taken down. Especially when some one on here posts up a name ans address.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Report him to the polis

alexpalacefan

So this guy pulled in front of you, there was a collision and then he drove away? Leaving the scene of an accident is a criminal offence. You should contact the police at once.

Glad there are no injuried though.

Best of luck,

ALex

darkeneddreams
    Free Member

whats your flickr site?

if you could get witnesses then sure contact the police if not, its just your word against his, unfortunately.

rOcKeTdOg

no real impact though, more a near miss, a few years riding have at least paid off in avoidance techniques and no witnesses so no point reporting it, just relieving my angst and warnign others really

paule
    Free Member

You beat me to it alex – not sure how much the police will do without witnesses, but it’s worth letting them know

Onzadog
    Free Member

I had a driver giving me some verbal the other day. Police were pretty good and had a “quiet chat” with him even though it was my word against his.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Yep, phoning it in to the police would be worthwhile. Perhaps he drives like a tool quite often, in which case someone else may already have reported him. If he drives poorly in the future your account may add weight to any action being taken. Do it!

IWH
    Free Member

Notify his employer. After calling the police. It’s not hard to get a vehicle owners details when you’ve got the registration.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

After the Police contact the local press with an emailed photo of his car.

chakaping
    Free Member

Don’t complain about it if you won’t report it.

alric
    Free Member

I sympathise with you, and maybe it made the driver think-I’ll be a good boy now-but it could’ve been a tragedy for a less experienced rider.These idiots need to be shown that they’re in the wrong.

I got pushed into the curb by a bus driver last week in cambridge.seemed deliberate too.
    So I scratched the bus up a bit with my bars and rode off.
    I waited a bit to see if he was going to get out and do me, but he drove on, pointing at me
    So I should report it really
    Station rd and the driver wasn’t very white, at all

rs
    Free Member

drama queen

0091paddy
    Free Member

Nothing is more annoying than some complete idiot who has the cheek to shout abuse after they nearly killed you.

My favourite word to shout begins with a C.

Nice one on the pic btw.

rs
    Free Member

Carrot?

Travis

Driver “I’ve never been in an accident, but I’ve seen a many in my rear view mirror”

What a tool (the driver)

0091paddy
    Free Member

Nah, Cheese.

zaskar
    Free Member

Driver made a mistake but should have stopped if he hit you.

Report it -if you want. (I would just to let him know to treat cyclists fairly).

matt_outandabout

101 him – police will either write a nice letter or have a polite chat. Our local police and PCO’s are very keen on this round here to control some poor driving / speeding / etc. Spoke to one last night and its had quite an effect – they have one guy who has been reported on 5 occasions by public and once by a PCO for excessive speed, and has now been threatened with one more complaint = impound the car.

hora
    Free Member

M95 seizure notice. Google it, it may help.

oxym0r0n

I wish I’d at least had a camera the number of near misses I have on the way to work…

It’s all about how much worse it could have been if evasive action hadn’t been taken which is the concern don’t you think?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Using a camera while riding?

Riding without due care and attention, surely….

😉

hora
    Free Member

Report him and follow it up. Put it this way, he clearly saw you as a joke. I wouldnt have that.

Marge
    Free Member

wow – sunshine in Warwick!

Is that riding up the hill from the entrance to the racecourse?
    Where did the tool pull out from?

ShinyRedOrange
    Free Member

My physiotherapist records every commute to work with a helmet cam, he got hit really badly by a taxi in Glasgow a few years back, ever since he records every ride in town just incase he gets hit again.

richc
    Free Member

as others say report him. If the **** thinks its funny he also knocked someone off he’s asking for it.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘this nearly ended my life’ is closed to new replies.