Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • this must be stolen..
  • Pete.Crawforth
    Free Member

just looking through the site on behalf of a friend who has had two anthem x and a tcr advanced recently stolen in notthingham and spotted this…

gumtree ad

kimbers

based soley on the fact that its a high end bike on gumtree, id say yes

Northwind

And it’s in Glasgow

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    passtherizla
    Free Member

I know there are a lot of scallys up in G town but… surely there are quite a lot of keen riders staying in that area so there must be some nice bikes knocking aboot?

scaredypants

kimbers – Member
    based soley on the fact that its a high end bike on gumtree, id say yes

agreed

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Scaredy, +1

Also, who gives the mileage for a bike?

Stolen.

rickon
    Free Member

Hmmm…. Not sure you’d list the year though, that said does the 2011 model have the weave showing? I thought that was earlier…

uwe-r
    Free Member

The add is for the frame only, price is ok it’s just a really shit add!

federalski
    Free Member

Phoned a guy off Gumtree from Glasgow earlier this year regards buying his Anthem, when I asked what condition it was in he replied “It’s a belter pal, a pure f***ing belter. All legit, not stolen” I made my excuse about 5 seconds later…

b45her
    Free Member

@CaptainFlashheart

roadies regularly quote mileages for used bikes and parts, it is the type of mtb that a roadie would tend to own too.

petefromearth

Had some very dodgy experiences on gumtree. mainly the usual Nigerian prince asking to send me a cheque…

then couple of weeks ago I bought a vintage guitar off ebay. the following day it was re-posted on gumtree, exact same words and pics, price halved. I replied to the ad for a laugh and got an email address which I googled and straight away got scam stories by the dozen.

gumtree beware…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘this must be stolen..’ is closed to new replies.