Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 131 total)
  • This MTB and beer thing..
  • buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

chat when riding if they're going under 5mph

That's not really what happens. Everyone rides uphill at whatever pace they like, usually with a local cruising slowly at the back. The fast people get a load of chatting done at the top while the slower ones catch up. Absolutely key is that everyone recovers fully before setting off downhill, usually going like the clappers. And so on. The pub stop is time for a proper chat, beer and crisps etc.

Edric64
    Free Member

Beer and riding work well or I would not have ridden 10 miles to the pub last night for a swift 5 or 6 pints.I can't drive there and drink that much!!

juan
    Free Member

Well I too took on being a "real man"…
    After today ride, no beer, nope not a single one. I stayed well out of the pub.
    Instead I had a nice chicken burger a maxi coke and 2 big fries 😀

Surely that is better right?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I only really drink beer around christmas time. Too much makes me a fat bugger and impacts my riding too much.

All this makes me a really exciting person 😐

jeb

I just sipped a double bock aventinitus 8.2 vol beer, nearly nocked my socks off !!!

the taste is like cherry-coke on crack!

http://www.schneider-weisse.de/index.php?lang=en&tpl=brauerei.spezialitaeten.aventinus

yunki
    Free Member

give the (real) man a break.. he's only a nipper…

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well, Yunki; life's harsh, and he's got to learn somehow.

firestarter
    Free Member

i had quite a few before and during sswc07 i rode straight into a tree and it didnt even hurt so its not all bad 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

After today ride, no beer, nope not a single one. I stayed well out of the pub.

Yeah well you're **** weird. And a Git. 😉

Instead I had a nice chicken burger a maxi coke and 2 big fries

Surely that is better right?

Maxi Coke? Beer is far, far more healthy and nutritious. No, it's true. Medically proven. Ask DrP.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Beer is so last year. Few lines of coke pre-ride. Speedballs to keep going. Bit of ketamine post-ride in a tacky club full of tarts in boob tubes and cheap tracksuits.

stAn-BadBrainsMBC
    Free Member

RIDE BIKES, DRINK BEER, EAT CAKE

been our club motto for 18 years.

You don't have to do it , but I certainly don't need someone preaching about it being a stupid idea.

backhander
    Free Member

Not sure what Devon will make of you drinking strongbow 😳
    In fact, can you get strongbow in exeter? *ponders; student union perhaps?*

steve_b77
    Free Member

Realman – doesn't do post ride drinkning or riding a single speed, anyone else see the irony in that 😆

40mpg

Drinking beer and riding is STOOPID. I cant seem to seperate the two though.

I'm currently experiencing a significant life-learning event, having come off whilst pissed on July 3 this year and breaking my right collar bone. This after coming off on July 3 last year and – yes you guessed – breaking my right collar bone.

Two wasted summers, pain and grief from the missus.

I very rarely ride sober (its more interesting that way in the new forest), at least not after the first hour or so, and most rides turn into a piss up. Its difficult when its only a few miles between pubs in any direction, and all your mates like boozing too. This time, however, I'm going to make a real effort to limit the boozing.

Guess i'll have to change my user name though 😯

carlphillips
    Free Member

drinking and riding are the perfect partners, recently at the big bike bash i got my 1st ever podium (1st place.) this was after drinking most of the day saturday/evening and then doing the nite race fairly pi$$ed…in fact it may well be my plan for future races..!

i forgot to mention i was riding singlespeed too (for extra stw points)

firestarter
    Free Member

40mpg id just stop riding on the 3rd of july mate 😉

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Bit of ketamine post-ride in a tacky club full of tarts in boob tubes and cheap tracksuits.

Where can I find such a wondrous place?

When you say 'tracksuits', do you mean the velour type that Shibboleth would soil himself at the sight of? Oooh I do like a bird in one of them….

40mpg

Maybe i'll just stop the riding altogether and stick to cider drinking. Everyone keeps saying 'so are you going to give up cycling now?'

markenduro
    Free Member

Nice troll op

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

recently at the big bike bash i got my 1st ever podium (1st place.) this was after drinking most of the day saturday/evening and then doing the nite race fairly pi$$ed

Ah, that surely must be due to the fact that you were quaffing the quality beverages on offer, which were in fact beer-flavoured energy drinks! 😀

Had a few Friday night, must admit I did feel a little queasy during the 'Open' race! 😳

Del

You might as well have a few post ride fags IMO if you're going to drink alcohol after a ride. I enjoy alcohol as much as the next guy, but I can still understand that the mixing of the two is pointless.

i really, really hope you're not my nephew, trolling.
    couldn't manage oxbridge then?
    there's a big difference between fags and ale – mainly one works, and one doesn't.
    f**king strongbow? – the chocolate buttons of alcohol.
    amateur.

Del

BTW wednesday night ride from the ley arms, kenn, 6.30. couple of hours, social, and a few pints after for those that ride over. 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

doesn't do … riding a single speed

Better? 😉

f**king strongbow? – the chocolate buttons of alcohol.

I knew mentioning strongbow was going to get a load of red faced bearded fellows with woolly jumpers all angry and what not, but calm down.

couldn't manage oxbridge then?

No actually, did really bad in my AS results. Anyway, riding looks crap around there lol.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I can't find a pic of that Tulisa From N-Dubz in a velour tracksuit. God knows I've tried.

PeteG55
    Free Member

Does it have to be 'Real Ale'? Whilst being partial to a drop of good bitter myself, last sundays ride ended with 3 pints of Black Rat perry, which is fairly fruity and quite quaffable. Its all good…
    ..apart from that Magners rubbish, thats not cider!

Dirtynap
    Free Member

As I drive to all the places I ride I can't drink start after a ride 🙁 I would though if I could. I do have a few cheeky cigs though :wink:.

Anyway, my thinks its a questions of those that cycle for pure fun and those that take it seriously, and probably take everything too seriously.

I think I actually ride better when I'm hung over.

Don't blokes (I know I do) have a beer or cig after doing everything.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Don't blokes (I know I do) have a beer or cig after doing everything.

not all of them, no :o)

Pogo
    Free Member

andy7t2
    Free Member

for me drinking beer and riding are so similar, time to have fun and spend time with my mates taking the piss out of each other. never thought about post or mid ride beer if i want one i'll have one

cinnamon_girl

Yeah, well, bet you can't beat finishing a Forum Ride in a Brewery. 8)

Southern Forum Rides rock. 😀

Del

I knew mentioning strongbow was going to get a load of red faced bearded fellows with woolly jumpers all angry and what not, but calm down.

not so much. highly carbonated pish, is highly carbonated pish, whatever variety of alcohol you describe it as. if you like cider that's fine. i do too, from time to time. strongbow is not nice cider.

thekingofsweden

Best hope the op doesn't end up going to an event like the real ale wobble !

Most of my riding calender is organised around the drinking of beer.

Oh and a bmx is a bmx not a singlespeed keep up :-))

Kevevs
    Free Member

Realman, I like yer style, you can put up with this lot and give it back. Obviously you've touched a nerve! Mines a strongbow.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

but I certainly don't need someone preaching about it being a stupid idea.

and yet we have to accept a constant stream of fatuous propaganda in favour of alcohol, despite it being more destructive than all the other addictive drugs put together ?

Kevevs
    Free Member

SFB, you are absolutely correct, but you can of course, choose your own course.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

erm, there's about a billion things that I could list that are destructive

yes, but we waste enormous resources persecuting other drug users when alcohol is far more dangerous to everyone. I'm not saying don't take it if you must – though for the life of me I can't see the point – but let's at least stop pretending it's in any way more cool than heroin or cocaine or whatever…

DezB
    Free Member

Is SFB really anti-alcohol or anti all the propaganda and "Getting pissed" culture of our f*ed up nation?

[edit] I guess he answered it 15 secs afore I posted

Kevevs
    Free Member

jeez, you are fast. And you know what, I agree, alcohol can be terribly destructive. etc etc. I still like a few 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

hmmm Kevevs, you seem to have edited your post to remove the bit I quoted!

Kevevs
    Free Member

yeah, like I said , you are too fast, I thunk about what I posted and altered it before you'd even posted!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 131 total)

The topic ‘This MTB and beer thing..’ is closed to new replies.