Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • This morning's ride in Provence.
  • 66deg
    Free Member

If you are thinking of emigrating it has pros and cons , here’s some photos of the upside.
    [/url] hebergement image[/img]
    [/url] Hébergeur d’images[/img]
    On the other hand if you are suffering from a bout of crap UK weather and are currently throwing peanuts at your computer screen feel free to post pissed off coments below.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Good luck to you, enjoy, i’m moving to sunny Wales in two years time, so there.

neilthewheel

Bloody emmigrants!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    dbcooper
    Free Member

66deg, tell us about the downside? Is it really nice food, cold beer and hot local men?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Yeah, I could like totally move there, if i wanted. But what would I do with all these mud tyres?

66deg
    Free Member

The food is superb but it’s a long drive back to Blighty for a bacon sandwich .The beer is all larger so great if that’s your thing but it’s another long drive back to Blighty if you fancy a pint of Boddingtons.
    As for the men iv’e just shoved my hand down the front of my pants to double check and find i’m similarly equipped but i suppose they are quite hot if that’s your thing ,the totty on the other hand has to be seen to be believed.

chambord
    Free Member

The beer is all larger

john_drummer
    Free Member

regarding the food, if you get too close to the Italian border, you might find it more Italian than French. Not always a bad thing, but if you go to say Nice & expect French provincial food, you might be a tad disappointed.

regarding the beer, you can get Pelforth Brune and Leffe Brune in supermarkets if you prefer a brown ale. Other than what we’d call lager, I don’t think there’s much in between

66deg
    Free Member

regarding the food, if you get too close to the Italian border, you might find it more Italian than French.

I was discussing this with my better half we were trying to decide which dish/meal our area is famous for and concluded that it was pizza,but OMG they are pretty amazing.

john_drummer
    Free Member

we had summer holidays in 2006 near Cannes, 2007 St Raphael / Frejus area, found Italian-esque food more widely available than the kind of food we’d had in Perigord 20 years ago. Not complaining, but mrs_d was expecting more French country cooking

of course there’s the salade nicoise, bouillabaisse / soupe de poisson, that kind of thing, but I didn’t see much foie gras on sale. oh aye, and the tarte Tropezienne, that was nice

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

regarding the food,

It’s nice when you can find a restaurant open if you hungry at 3 in the afternoon?
    McDonalds only when we were in Montpellier!

tizzzzle
    Free Member

Fair play to you, we have a family place on lac Sainte croix and I am itching to up sticks and move there for good. Your photos make me jealous, looks very similar to the Var – is it?

66deg
    Free Member

It’s nice when you can find a restaurant open if you hungry at 3 in the afternoon?

In the time i have been here opening hours are one of the most frustrateing things, many of the local shops can be shut during opening hours just because it’s too hot and they went home (even the Post Office).
    On one hand it boils my cheese and on the other i think good on you go home if works a pain .
    I think this has been one of the problems for BOS fork servicing ,if you expect to get something done during most of July and August …. good luck whereas the UK customer expects service all year round.

66deg
    Free Member

looks very similar to the Var – is it?

We are near Aix en Provence Bouche du Rhone so next to the Var, our climate has colder winters the vegitation is quite different for example we struggle to grow palm trees but just an hours drive away they are all over the place but it’s similar scenery and lots of MTBing on limestone trails.
    The climate here is excellent all year round,the photos above are the norm rather than the exception.

66deg
    Free Member

This is Mrs 66deg: I feel compelled to add that Mister 66deg gets better stuff than pizza … especially all the duck and other South-Western specialities I cook for him upon his return from adventurous rides. Dinner on the table and all. 😀

jools182
    Free Member

I’m throwing bigger things than peanuts

I’m very, very jealous, but at the same time happy for you

I’d love to live in Provence, I’ve been trying to do it for years, but still not found a solution

Know of any jobs going? 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘This morning's ride in Provence.’ is closed to new replies.