Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • This morning, to his face, I called someone a….
  • PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Weapons grade bellend. And I meant it.

I’m back on the 26 mile commute into west London, on the motorbike. I’m in it for the long haul, so I’m fairly careful, but I do do a LOT of filtering, especially on the 50mph average camera section on the M3, J4-J2. I’m quite good at filtering. It’s the main reason I commute by bike….
    So, I’ve just joined the M3, traffic is heavy but moving and behind me appears a bloke on a big BMW (bike) with lights and hazards on, revving his engine, forcing his way past me. It’s rude, unnecessary and stupid. I then proceed to sit and watch him slowly bludgeon his way past every car in the same manner, slipping the clutch, revving the engine, sharp acceleration and braking. You could see people were startled. He wasn’t going much faster than me and I could almost feel the hate as I was th next bike along the line, tarred with the same brush no doubt.
    Well, eventually I can’t see him any more but I did think a lot about him….
    The traffic got very heavy and slowed to a stop.
    My medium sized Honda was built for this. His big BMW wasn’t.
    I know what I’m doing. He doesn’t. (You’ll have to trust me on this…)
    So I see I’m catching him up again. And then as a truck blocks all the available filtering room I slot in next to him.
    I toot my horn but I can’t even hear it myself over him revving his engine (seriously)
    So I kicked him in the shin. Just hard enough to notice.
    He turned round startled and I laid into him verbally good and proper.
    It was along the lines of “whilst you’re riding like a ******* **** I’ve got to follow and pass all the people you’ve just pissed off you ******* stupid **** and you can’t even ******* filter very well anyway! I’ve caught you up without even trying so calm the **** down so stop acting like a weapons grade bellend and grow up”
    Something like that.
    He was quite startled and only managed to say “really?” before the traffic moved off and I slipped through a gap and was gone.
    I think the car drivers behind us got the message that I wasn’t best pleased with him too.
    See, I’m doing 12,000 miles a year by bike and I see the same bikes most days and everyone rides sensibly and gets on with it. It works. Respect is given and care is taken. I’ve seen some riders taking chances on gaps now and again over the years, going too fast in traffic, that sort of thing, sure. It just rolls off me, I don’t care. It has to, I can’t afford to break bones going to work. But this bloke truly was taking the P. I’ve really never seen anything like it.
    Dunno why I’ve posted this here other than to say if you see a biker acting like a **** then please don’t tar us all with the same brush. Most of us are just on our way somewhere and don’t like adding to the traffic jams…..

SaxonRider

It sounds like a ‘well done’ is in order. I’m glad it worked out for you, and didn’t come down to any sort of violence.

Sometimes, anger is righteous.

aracer
    Free Member

Whoah. This was a bloke right, as quite clearly indicated by your choice of sexist swear words…

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Good job you didn’t call him a bitch.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

3/10

No use of ‘bitch’ let you down there PP..

Cougar

Some people are buffoons.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

😆 too late!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’m Rick James!

ads678

I had some nob head on a fatboy Harley type thing follow me Up the cycle lane to the asl at some lights the other morning. I was on my mtb.
    He then had the cheek to have a go at me because I shook my head when I realised wtf was behind me revving his engine giving the big I am. Some people are just tossers.

Edit: I’ll call him a bitch if I see him again!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

and didn’t come down to any sort of violence.

He was hemmed in by a truck to his left, a car in front and me to his his right. I don’t think he could have even put the bike on the stand and got off to lump me one. Also, southerners seem to be unable to deal with a sweary Midlands (northern to them) accent. It seems to carry weight down here….

bikebouy
    Free Member

Well done Mr PP the OP.

I’m normally the one bemoaning motorbikists for their utterly tosspot irresponsible and down right selfish behaviour, but there are folks like you who have to live with riding day in/day out and you understand how normal people feel about motorbikists bellendery.

Good onya, hope he doesn’t catch you one day and, well…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Was it Ronnie Pickering?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Whoah. This was a bloke right, as quite clearly indicated by your choice of sexist swear words…

?

I think bell-end can be used regardless of sex IMHO…..as can See You Next Tuesday..

revs1972
    Free Member

Ronnie who ?

garage-dweller

@Mr lebowski I fear you may have missed the woman throwing rubbish in the skate park thread which would give the comment context

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/woman-spreads-rubbish-on-skate-park

CountZero

Explain the ‘sexist’ bit, I’m a bit slow on the uptake today.

bamboo
    Free Member

Perhaps you could have taught him some of your awesome filtering skillz instead of being abusive?

mrlebowski
    Free Member

By about a country mile I feel!

ads678

Countzero check the link above your post.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Wasn’t there any dog poo you could scatter around?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

weapons grade bellend

Oh dear. An insult taken from an internet forum; you should never use these in real life. Good job you weren’t up north; you’d have got laughed at.

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

bloke on a big BMW

Enough said.. he wasnt charlie or ewan?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Too many words and poor use of paragraphs and spacing in the OP + Weapons grade bell end is very weak 🙄

davosaurusrex

Lame. 2/10.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I struggle to get interested in ‘I’m a better road user than you so ner ner’ stories. Sorry.

midlifecrashes

So you kick and startle an inexperienced biker with a heavy bike on a motorway, after getting so worked up you’re concentrating more on him than the traffic. That’s pretty crap. You’d be danger to yourself and others if it wasn’t for your Surfmat skillz. Bike, car, whatever, you just have to let stuff go and concentrate on staying safe yourself.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Sounds reasonable to me. When i’m on one of my motorbikes or bicycles I’m always aware that my behaviour / riding affects drivers’ perception of two wheeled road users. Ride assertively sure, but not like a dick.

Good work PP.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘This morning, to his face, I called someone a….’ is closed to new replies.