Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • This morning mainly…..I topiarized.
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

This is an annual epic pruning project. We are 3/4 the way there on the long hedge, there are still three plum puddings, four soldering irons and a handful of obelisks to go.

It’s a bit precarious perched on top of a ladder leaning into a face full of bush with little to stop one from diving in head first. 8)

chambord
    Free Member

Excellent.

Topiarised is a word I only learned the other day when watching some mad lady on gardeners world talking to some chicken hedges she was topiarising.

BlobOnAStick

Disappointed.

(Edit: I thought I’d better point out I thought this thread might refer to lady gardening)

Pigface
    Free Member

a face full of bush

me too 😀

philtricklebank

+1 Rather ashamedly I was hoping for some interesting pubic topiary

LeeW

I like the butt plug in the last picture

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I never knew it was a euphemism 😳

Bunnyhop

Oooh I can see a rabbit (3rd picture).

I love topiary. Our only hedge is a large beech and I think the neighbour would like to keep it straight.

Top work as usual mcmoonter 🙂

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Oooh I can see a rabbit (3rd picture).

Can you highlight it? We have one in the walled garden that we have been trying to catch all year. We might have stood a chance earlier but we’ve got no chance now. Strangely they’ve never shown any interest in the open meadow up at the studio.

My brother has a tall Beech hedge across the middle of his garden, it must be twelve feet high and its a full ladder job to prune it. Lovely colour in summer and autumn.

This was taken in 2009, the garden has changed a lot since then but the topiary is much the same.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Can you highlight it?

Bunnyhop (how appropriate) means a rabbit shape emerging from the hedge, like spotting a rabbit shaped cloud. It’s to the right of the spindly tree in the centre foreground. Once you spot it it’s pretty good.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

I’m going to need a bigger trap!

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Is that Jesus? 😆

piemonster

It’s to the right of the spindly tree in the centre foreground. Once you spot it it’s pretty good.

Balderdash, that’s clearly a Labrador puppy humping a cushion.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Balderdash, that’s clearly a Labrador puppy humping a cushion.

Is this gonna end up being a gardening version of a Rorschach test?

lemonysam
    Free Member

Bunnyhop (how appropriate) means a rabbit shape emerging from the hedge, like spotting a rabbit shaped cloud.

Ahhh… and here was me thinking it was another sex toy reference.

Bunnyhop

muppetWrangler – so glad you could see it too, although it does seem to have 3 floppy ears.
    Sorry to scare you mcmoonter, the little devils will eat all your veg.

benji
    Free Member

There is a guy on the wolds who has trimmed a hedge into an angry bird, looks stunning, must remember to take a picture next time I’m out that way.

ART

Lovely! … is anyone else waiting for the inaugural mcmoonter STW ‘open garden/ studio, log pile appreciation day’ 😉

… and yes it is a floppy eared bunny, I see it too, that awfully fine lady on gardener’s world would be proud 🙂

Markie
    Free Member

is anyone else waiting for the inaugural mcmoonter STW ‘open garden/ studio, log pile appreciation day’

For sure!

Thanks for sharing mcmoonter, that looks glorious!

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Lovely! … is anyone else waiting for the inaugural mcmoonter STW ‘open garden/ studio, log pile appreciation day’

Just give me a shout if you want to come over. Email in profile.

The garden is open all summer under the Scottish Garden Scheme.

http://www.scotlandsgardens.org/gardens/garden/a5b4eedf-e6b4-41c6-ba54-9dfa00ede816

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Another epic pruning project. A whole lot of roses, Sycamore, Lime & Corkscrew Hazel. Three trailer loads.

Somehow I couldn’t get AC DC out of my head.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kmLmjz_cFs[/video]

Bunnyhop

Must not comment 😯

boblo
    Free Member

What can you see Bunnyhop…? Is it a B*** P***? 🙂

Bunnyhop

Yes 😀

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Bunnyhop – Member

Must not comment

gusamc
    Free Member

when I was a nipper (dad worked at Arran estates) and I got to see the results of tree weaving – various experiments carried out over the long term, they kind of done like a knot display but with branches and the trees kept growing

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘This morning mainly…..I topiarized.’ is closed to new replies.