Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • This morning I discovered I'm a coward
  • PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Have you done a search on the number plate? Just wondering if there’s a history there.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Very true…back in my Forces days, we were taught that if we were out on a patrol and came across a larger enemy patrol, to get the f out of there. If we came across a smaller patrol, depending on circumstances…take them on.

Isn’t the preferred ration 3:1 or less? 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

I was so shocked I didn’t get his full number plate and the part I thought I did get didn’t come back with any results according to the policewoman who called me back.

Toasty

Even if you did stay and get the police involved at the scene, he’d likely just argue you went into the back of him as he was slowing down and it was your fault.

I genuinely think you did the sensible option.

crosshair
    Free Member

I got chased down by a van driver and punched on the helmet the other day. He’d gone to such lengths to find me that I thought I was going to get stabbed. Luckily, I rang a random house’s doorbell and the couple came out as he hit me.

I can’t afford to retaliate- I would likely lose my guns or at least have them taken off of me whilst it was investigated. But also, there were two women sat in the front with him, so they’d have no doubt have come up with a good cover story.

Turns out he thought my Garmin was a camera!! Shows he had a guilty conscience!!
    After the initial close pass, hand gesture and argument, he was driving off. Then I may have angered him by sending him on his way with a poor choice of C word!

My biggest reason for not phoning the police, as well as not having a complete number plate, was the worry about retribution for the nice couple who came out of their house.

ctk
    Free Member

I’m wondering if there’s a market for a top tube mounted lance for such situations. Either to run through the **** or at least scratch the side of their cars before escaping down nearest twitchel.

fossy

Even swearing at people can be considered aggressive by the police in a ‘he said this he did that’ situation. Best keep it polite (not that I ever did).

I_did_dab
    Free Member

Very true…back in my Forces days, we were taught that if we were out on a patrol and came across a larger enemy patrol, to get the f out of there. If we came across a smaller patrol, depending on circumstances…take them on.

^^^ someone’s been reading ‘the art of war’ by Sun Tzu
    I was taught “the best way to win a fight is to not be there” (Mr Miyagi – Karate Kid Pt1)

bigdean

I was taught “the best way to win a fight is to not be there” (Mr Miyagi – Karate Kid Pt1)

Or “the way to win the game is not to play” joshua. War games.

People are idiots, dont play. That includes social media (facebook anyway).

bikebouy
    Free Member

This reminds me of the day I came around the Elephant & Castle roundabout in the outside lane (just at the time the CS was being built) and as I turned down toward Bermondsey a Merc Eclass full of drunken/drugged thugs overtook me and the rear door opened and they pushed me into the kerb whilst driving and the passenger opening the door more and more just to push me off.. they succeeded in me ramming the kerb to a sudden stop then they laughed and gesticulated before wheelspinning off down the road in the bus lane.

Frightened the shit out of me, not because of the damage to my bike because I was about to bunny hop up the kerb, but I genuinely thought they were going to get out and pummel me into the ground.

As it turned out I was fine, shaken but fine. And a bus driver stopped his bus and got out to see if I was ok and he said he’d caught it on camera.. sadly nothing came of it.

Shook me up though.

downhillfast
    Free Member

There’s a bridleway a couple of hundred metres further along the road and I shot down there as fast as I could.

Better hope the car driver didn’t report you for “cycling furiously” 😆

Seriously though, there’s no point rocking up to work with a black eye and your nose spread over your face. Given the circumstances you made the correct decision.
    Had conflict been blatantly unavoidable then that’s the time to go psycho, start throwing things at the other person, insults, shoes, bike, yourself; also punching yourself helps (saw this in a film once).

bikesian65
    Free Member

You did the right thing – I had a similar incident about a month ago , had some moron in my face threatening allsorts including poking me in the chest with his finger , I just kept calm and eventually he got back in his car then threatened to kill me and drove off

Its never worth getting into a brawl – I have been practicing Jujitsu for over 15 years and thats taught me how fragile the human body is, don’t think its like the films, getting hit by someone who has his/her blood up could/will cause a lot of damage – fighting in the street really is the last resort dont get involved unless you get attacked and your life is at risk

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘This morning I discovered I'm a coward’ is closed to new replies.