Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • This might sound crazy … BUT! … LQQKING 4 Insane Bicycle light!
  • astrongtower
    Free Member

Listen. I know this thread might blow up, but let’s all confess, we have all been here before, and we all have it in us. I think you know what I am talking about. We want something bigger or better than the next guy.

So let’s not get into the Drama of this [It will happen anyways] and let’s just get to Brass Tax.

Call me a jerk or whatever. I just need another jerk to help another jerk out. All you fun loving I don’t want to be a rude person. Try to save your comments for another thread but hey if you can’t resist please by all means comment anyway.

Now to the meat of the thread:

I WANT THE ABSOLUTE SICKEST NASTIEST BRIGHTEST DUAL LIGHT COMBO ON A BIKE THAT IS HUMANLY POSSIBLE IN A RESPECTABLE SELF CONTAINED SOLUTION.

I just went on a bike ride early in the morning before the Sun came out and we have a private trail that goes on for miles.

I AM SICK IN TIRED OF THOSE OTHERS RIDERS THAT HAVE THESE INSANE BRIGHTEST LIGHTS ON THE TRAIL.

*I am actually not sick I secretly enjoy it and am like damn I want that light and am envious. Its like the elephant in the room. No one wants to talk about it but you know its damn cool. If you can beat them join them.

AND I SO WANT TO JOIN THEM.

That being said for you to know how crazy I want to do this and how much I am willing to spend here is what I am thinking.

Dual [Yes I mean two]

Niwalker Nova MM15 5233 Lumen

I know this sounds insane and crazy, and I might be. But if I could find a custom bike might for these babies I would be in Heaven.

I would put one on the left and one on the right and put them both and strobe and go bike for miles watching people falling all over the place from being blinded from my bike lights.

I want to blind the dude that has the brightest light on the trail. I want my light to make his light look like a Toy’s R US light.
    So here’s the deal. I know you are going to blow this up. Both for the Jerks out there that secretly have this passion that I have. Please help me.

If this setup is to unrealistic to mount up, what is the next best thing?

How can I be sure that I have absolutely the brightest light on the trail that is so blinding it will blind the other guy that thinks he has the brightest light on the trail.

Looking forward to yours suggestions.

P.S. Here are some photos from another thread on here that is kind of what I am talking about. I just want to do this but take it to a whole another insane level.

Also what flashlight is in this Photo? Does seem really bright.

Note I would have posted the photo’s but I cannot post photo’s yet so here is the Link:

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?329050-Anyone-made-bike-mount-for-large-flashlight-%28eg-fenix-tk41%29

Jamie
    Free Member

Post of the year.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg

1st post shining like a beacon in the darkness of mediocrity

cinnamon_girl

I N R A T S

😐

racefaceec90

you need 2 of these bad boys 😉

davosaurusrex

I’m in. OK if I pay you via Western Union?

dannyh
    Free Member

The OP must be some kind of ‘modern art’. I assume it is some kind of ‘difficult to understand’ brilliance by a true visionary.

Or maybe just a load of totally incoherent shite written by someone who has been at the paint thinners?

Either way, I haven’t got a clue what it is on about.

TomB

I’m pleased night shift is keeping me off the drink/drugs if that’s what they do to you!

somafunk

Sounds like you need the moon on a stick, after all what is the brightest thing in the night sky?……..Yeah? – that’s right, it’s the MOON!.

So i propose to give you exactly what you need, send me £500 by paypal gift and i’ll send you the moon on a stick, see my mock up below.

Simply wave this in your riding buddies faces and watch as they cower in fear.

drlex
    Free Member

x2, natch.

astrongtower
    Free Member

UPDATE! 911!

Alright everyone here it comes.

I can’t decide between these two but maybe you can help.

First things first, you need the mount which is here:

Two of these:

Arkon Camera Bike Motorcycle Handlebar Mount Holder for Sony PowerShot Samsung NX1100 Smart Panasonic LUMIX Nikon COOLPIX

Then you need the light:

2 of either of these:

Niwalker Nova MM15 4 x 18650 CREE MT-G2 P0 5233 Lumen LED Flashlight + GoingGear LED Keychain Light

Or

NITECORE Tiny Monster TM26 QuadRay 3500 Lumen Quad CREE XM-L LED Flashlight / Searchlight with 4 X Nitecore NL186 2600mAh 18650 rechargeable batteries, 8 X EdisonBright CR123A Lithium Batteries and Smith & Wesson Red Carabeamer Clip Light Package

Now whats crazy is that both of these lights have the threaded screen hold for a tripod. I can just hang these upside down below my handle bars and let it rip.

I was able to check both out and let me tell you they are blinding.

Here is what I have found out.

Niwalker is a flood light so its much much wider but to me does not seem really that much brighter. But it is more natural light. The strobe setting is bright but the SOS and Beacon settings are on a much lower brightness and cannot be adjusted. This might play a big part but I am unsure at this point.

However

The Nitecore to me is insane bright but has more direct flow. Not as wide but seems brighter and has the led cool look to it.

The features of the nitecore blow away the niwalker but it is 150 dollars more as well. The features are so nice though it has a display, you can recharge the batters in the unit, and most importantly all the display settings are on high, Beacon, Strobe, Sos.

Well guys you have discovered my solution. If I decide to do the Niwalker I can get two with two mounts and be under 500 dollars.

For 500 bucks to burn a few eye balls on the trail and get a few chuckles is worth the money. Getting those other bicyclist out there a taste of their own light.

Naw I’m just joking I just don’t want to get hit by a car.

Let me know what you guys think!

davosaurusrex

I think you’re right, that is krazy.

dannyh
    Free Member

At least the first post wasn’t a fluke, then.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Lost me at listen. Im reading.. how will can i listen to your post?

Jamie
    Free Member

Post of the decade.

davosaurusrex

My guess is this is a bizarre intro to a lighting related pyramid scheme. I expect that once a big hitter gets on board it’ll do well.

cbike
    Free Member

Its true then. Automated astroturfing robots are more entertaining than Mountainbikers? 🙂

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Bro, your quest is a worthy one and I wholly salute your vigor…

it seems you have a good degree of zeal in pursuing your aims, but are you really badass enough to pull this off?

You have some serious competition

lightman
    Free Member

You’ll need to copy and paste your post back onto BR as they removed it for some reason!

astrongtower
    Free Member

lol i saw that bike light and that is crazy.

ya i guess they didn’t like me asking the way i did.

cookeaa

Bloody rambling, illiterate, shit faced yanks!

Sod all this bicycle light nonsense, cut to the chase Macgyver style

Respect the hair!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘This might sound crazy … BUT! … LQQKING 4 Insane Bicycle light!’ is closed to new replies.