Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • This just in…
  • speaker2animals

On Bikemagic there is an article about new Lynskey production 29er frame in Ti, US built, for £1199.

Via Hotlines.

Hmmm

zaskar
    Free Member

links and pics dude

speaker2animals

Hey I’d struggle to do that on my laptop and I’m in bed on my iPod at present so you’ll just have to look yer sen.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Now THAT’S nice! Proper, simple, clean lined bike frame. Proper welded cable guides, I notice!

Look at that! Beautiful! That’s what I call functional AND aesthetically pleasing!

I’m going to buy one and you know what I don’t need to ride one to know it’s gonna be the best bike ever FACT.

Actually, I won’t, as it’s a Hybrid frame. 🙁

IWH
    Free Member

I wonder what that’s going to do to the Ti29er’s niche hold…

bikemonkey
    Free Member

Hmm, if that’s £1199 and has welded cable guides and the shamrock detail on the dropout, but Brant’s has no welded cable guides but the complicated chainstay, are they going to be a similar price?

jam-bo

£1200 for a hardtail frame? **** that.

IWH
    Free Member

The funny thing is that if this was branded On-One / Shedfire / Zak Tempest / Whatever that this thread would’ve been overloaded with comments ooooh-ing and ahhhh-ing over it and generally sucking up.

People here are funny 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

£1200!

“attention to detail” what exactly about that frame other than some different dropouts (which IMO look hideous) does that frame have that any other frame doesnt?

Stoner
    Free Member

except its quite a different design:

The Lynskey has vertical drop outs, traditional caliper mount, 3 piece seat stay, downtube gear routing, 31.3mm straight seat tube.

The On-One Ti29er has slotted drop outs, caliper mounts inside the rear triangle, 5 piece seatstay, top tube gear routing, 27.2mm bent seat tube.

I imagine there are other subtle differences in the geometry. I think the lynskey is nice, but it’s not what I want if I want some of the fetaures of a Ti29.

the “ragley” (shedfire’s latest) is different again.

BlingBling
    Free Member

Stop upsetting the Brant felchers :mrgreen:

Loving the dropouts mind.

Richyb
    Free Member

Thats what i’d call “weak looking”

MrSmith
    Free Member

i would swap a butted tube (that you can’t see) for a shamrock drop-out any day.
    apart from that it’s good to see a nicely put together frame without any weirdness going on just for the sake of being different.

IWH
    Free Member

BlingBling – Member

Stop upsetting the Brant felchers

But it’s FUN! 😀

rOcKeTdOg

raw Ti is such a depressing colour

markenduro
    Free Member

Lovely looking frame, am seriously considering one at the moment and CRC will be selling them when in stock. This is their budget frame line, Lynskey do seem to be able to nail a nice bike frame together, my ti456 was the easiest frame to build up into a bike I have ever seen, BB screwed most of the way in by hand and everthing was finished just right.
    **** expensive for a hardtail frame but:
    1. they are hand made and finished
    2. it has shamrocks in the dropouts
    3. ti does ride nicely, I wouldn’t want to go back to FS with all those complicated links and shocks
    4. it’s only money, you can’t take it with you

IWH
    Free Member

Stoner – they’re offering the Ridgeline in a Ti29er flavour (slotted dropouts) and the tubing is cold worked multi profile – I can’t imagine Lynskey would slap their name on any old collection of straight tubes welded together 😉

I like this. A lot. I also really like the fact the frame looks ‘tight’ and not like anything has been added as an afterthought. Not doing the Shedfire down at all but this one just looks more together to my eyes.

rOcKeTdOg

why would i want shamrocks in my drop outs? is there an English rose version?

MrNutt
    Free Member

what a cable guide!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘This just in…’ is closed to new replies.