Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • This isn't going to help my obsessive tendencies at all
  • ThePinkster

I just knew I shouldn’t have clicked on that link.

I now want a pair of ’em.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

I hope it’s actually reasonably good. As a semi-broke youngish lad… 1800 quid is a bit too much for me to swallow for proper telemetry gear, they are massive ballache to install on your bike and the ones that I have seen don’t have fittings for single crown forks.

It makes sense, mountainbikers spend hundreds if not thousands of pounds on suspension and then ride around on either pogo sticks or dead, lifeless donkeys.

If you have a group of mates you ride with regularly, then one or two could be quite a good investment for you all. 🙂 It could be just another tool for the box, like digital pressure gauges etc.

The air time sensor is kind of fun as well. 🙂 A more fun version of strava maybe?

ThePinkster

The air time sensor is kind of fun as well. A more fun version of strava maybe?

😆 Don’t think I’d be getting many KOC’s (King of Clouds) 😉

njee20
    Free Member

That looks awesome! I need something to confirm that my forks are set up horrendously!

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Hoping some entrepreneur buys a pile to hire out to us lot.

iolo
    Free Member

You set the correct sag and rebound front and rear. If your bike feels right, why do you need this?
    After a few rides if you can’t dial the suspension to your liking maybe you might need a revalve/shim/whatever.
    How will this improve your bike?

With this data, the device can tell how often the suspension bottoms out, how quickly it’s rebounding, and whether or not it’s exhibiting any undesirable behavior, such as packing up.

You need a fancy computer to tell you this? Really?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I think it has potential. Maybe suspension tuners could hire or loan them out before doing a custom tune. I’m thinking these might highlight more issues than most shocks have adjusters to correct though.

ThePinkster

After a few rides if you can’t dial the suspension to your liking maybe you might need a revalve/shim/whatever.

Which is exactly where a tool like this helps.

It would make identifying why you need the set up changing, what actually needs changing and by how much rather than just posting it off to Mojo, TFTuned, Loco or whoever with a rough approximation of what you’re after.

RobHilton
    Free Member

You set the correct sag and rebound front and rear. If your bike feels right, why do you need this?

I’ve always found that however I set up a new bike I need to ride it for a few months to get used to it and only then do I really notice the difference little changes make – rear suspension especially – it can feel right, but then adjusting it further down the line can feel righter 🙂

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

You need a fancy computer to tell you this? Really?

Racers do, telemetry setup was something K9 industries used to offer as well on their DH bike….a bike that was raved about by those who rode it. I bet there are lots of people running their setups either to fast or just slow enough that they pack down a bit.

roverpig

I’d wager that hardly any of us have our suspension set up optimally and the number of people who can do it by feel is vanishingly small. Just have a look around on YouTube for videos on suspension set up. Hundreds of videos telling you how to set up sag, but pretty much nothing on rebound (let alone compression) damping. “Stick the dials in the middle then fiddle about a but” seems to be the limit of the “advice”, which is no help at all for a novice.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘This isn't going to help my obsessive tendencies at all’ is closed to new replies.