Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • This isn't a Heckler, is it? If not… what is it (apart from weird looking!)??
  • psychle
    Free Member

epicsteve
    Free Member

It's certainly not a Heckler, but it'd definitely ugly enough for your collection!

psychle
    Free Member

I don't want it! just curious as to what it is…

pastcaring
    Free Member

no! nor should it have that fork on it!

4ndyB
    Free Member

I think it might be a Proflex, not a SC of any description that I know of.

Way overkill on the forks too, how high is that BB!?!

speaker2animals

Oh how I laughed! That is one of those cheap and nasty auto shop/sunday market jobies that cost about £60. That won't have been assembled from nicked parts at all. (Allegedly)!

1nten5e
    Free Member

That is, most definitely, a Proflex 857….should really have the old Girvin forks

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think it might be a Proflex

That's what I was thinking…

speaker2animals

I really do think it is one of the cheapo frames. The swing arm doesn't seem to have the construction of those on Proflex bikes.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I don't think it's a real cheapo frame. Possibly a ProFlex copy, but it looks a little too well made for a cheapo. Slightly different design of swingarm.

Dark-Side

It is a ProFlex, just not a 957. I think it is a 955 with alu swing arm.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Ah ha! 757?

knottinbotswana
    Free Member

In my game of spot-the-difference: the white imposter has a shorter (!) seat-tube and the pivot point is in a different position to the genuine Pro-Flexes.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

No, the pivot is the same as the 757, and I think the seat tube's been chopped down to accommodate the shorter spring shock and the angle produced by the silly forks. It's a bodge-job. It might work very well for it's owner, mind.

If it's not a Pro Flex, it's a copy.

Either way, it's just wrong!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Definately a profelx,

I used to have a 857 with the carbon swingarm, those things weighed f-all and went like a scalded rat up a drainpipe, the only thing I've ridden that feels close was a yeti ASR-sl

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

I had an 856 once, it's definately not one of those. They had an elastomer shock and a much beefier swingarm

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘This isn't a Heckler, is it? If not… what is it (apart from weird looking!)??’ is closed to new replies.