Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • This is why.
  • pictonroad

18 month oldout today on her first wood section scoping lines. Note the most important thing endurognar colorway.

Kids on bikes are great.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Psikk endurowellies.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Slight update, jr_bandito#1 on 24″ wheels:

And a video of the same bit:
    [video]https://youtu.be/UadbFk4MB8M[/video]

Out again with him tonight, can’t wait 🙂

timmys

Looking a bit of advice.

My boy is just over 3 and very good on his balance bike (the balancing bit anyway). We got him a CNOC14 and have had a couple of goes, which he is enthusiastic about, but we can’t convince him to pedal the right way – he’ll only pedal backwards! He’s never had a trike or anything that needs to be pedalled so maybe that’s the problem, any advice?

jointhedotz
    Free Member

If it helps my 3 year old daughter does exactly the same. It’s really frustrating lol.

I’m guessing patience is the key

benp1

I had the day cycling around London with my son

It was only on the brompton, and I did all the cycling, but it was a truly fantastic day out pottering around on cycle paths and quiet streets

Reminded me why I like cycling so much, my son loved it too. He’s looking forward to getting out on it again

Being a folder it meant I could use public transport to break the back of the distance too

ir_bandito
    Free Member

He’s never had a trike or anything that needs to be pedalled so maybe that’s the problem, any advice?

We had the same thing with him up there ^

Sidelined the Cnoc, got a tagalong. Went epic for 6 months while he learned to pedal, then got him back on the Cnoc and away he went.

ninkynonk
    Free Member

another proud dad here, ironically my forum name “Ninky Nonk” is taken from that rather weird kids show In The Night Garden, it’s a reference to when I towed my twin daughters around in a Burly trailer.

Fast forward a few years and we’re now onto customary pub lunch/ice cream rides…

bob_summers

Brilliant, brilliant thread. Part of my commute goes through a >1km railway tunnel converted to a cycle path. The other week I was riding through with a cacophony of shrieks and laughter coming from the other end of the tunnel. Then about 30 7 yo kids came past me, some kind of school trip. I was grinning like an idiot for the rest of the journey.

My son unfortunately is not a roadie like his dad, he will find any sand, mud or gravel to struggle through even if there is a perfectly good stretch of tarmac to ride on. Heathen.

ianpv
    Free Member

Here’s my 6 year old racing last week. He loves it!

molgrips
    Free Member

Here’s my 6 year old racing last week.

What the hell class of racing is that?!

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Ahhh kids on little bikes makes me so broody – but luckily I’ve got enough already!
    And as this seems to be a daughter fest here’s mine . . . Who obviously needs to go back on stabilisers if you look at the bike – can’t wait till I get some grandchildren to teach how to ride and take on some adventures 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

What the hell class of racing is that?!

BMX

jambalaya
    Free Member

@adjustable you are on a roll, following the bivi post with daughter in the alps obviously smashing it ! As a Dad of 3 girls (27, 25, 22) I’m prepared to wait a bit for grand kids as I’m not ready yet !

@bob your son needs his own STW login and you need to get your priorities right !

Its great to see these threads, I remember how keen my youngest was to get out riding and what a joy it was pink bike and all

adjustablewench
    Free Member

@jambalaya that pic is a few years old – alas she is no longer living in the alps but is in the big smoke in the rat race . . . My grandchildren have been put on hold in favour of a career

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘This is why.’ is closed to new replies.