Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • this is why i ride
  • rOcKeTdOg

latest picture from the group

loads more here
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/1115925@N23/pool/

doug_basqueMTB.com

Was it you that started that group Rocketdog? If so then thanks, I really like it. Nice and small.

This is my favourite photo there so far. It’s a photo I wish I’d taken, totally captures “why I ride”. Those late evenings with the sun going down and you know that there’s still a lot of vertical between you and a beer / your car.

rOcKeTdOg

yes, it was me, some fab pics, you’ve added some stunners yourself, that one on the edge of the drop makes me nervous everytime i look at it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    theflatboy
    Free Member

bosh it up here, save us looking for it!

rOcKeTdOg

here you go

D0NK

nice pics, specially the 2nd and where’s that precipitous trail RD?

bigsi
    Free Member

Yep that last pic has made my vertigo kick in and i now can’t get off my chair to go and make myself a cuppa 😯

Great pics btw 😀

doug_basqueMTB.com

Cheers! Yeah that’s a bit scary, I’ve got about 5 other photos with the ‘normal’ people walking that bit!

rOcKeTdOg

fell free to join and add your own ‘this is why i ride’ pics

doug_basqueMTB.com

Ahh, typing too slow! The trail is just near San Sebastian in the Basque Country in the north of Spain, that’s where all my photos are from.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Top pic is Waldo Lake in Oregon, I rode around it last year, the water is crystal clear, you can be in a boat at its deepest point and see the bottom. Just visible in the background are the remains of a huge forest fire 20 years ago. The fire created a near twister firestorm, at its epicentre the trees all fell in a radial pattern and the heat was so intense the ground was sterilized, nothing has regrown, quite an eerie place.

rOcKeTdOg

posted today

unique stem set up in the second pic!

pcb
    Free Member

Loving doug_basqueMTB.com’s pic.

epicyclo

Great pic Rocketdog – where’s that statue?

rOcKeTdOg

not sure, i think the poster is German though

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

This is why I ride

rOcKeTdOg

add it to the group, the other members would love to see that

redthunder
    Free Member

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

(Mr M-C posting) this is MC on her 30th birthday (in Morocco)

rOcKeTdOg

cool shot

theflatboy
    Free Member

Yep that last pic has made my vertigo kick in and i now can't get off my chair to go and make myself a cuppa

i was reminded of this comment when i saw this pic:

theflatboy
    Free Member

rainy rainy day. let's get some more inspiring riding pics up here… 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

Theflatboy where is that pic from it looks awesome!

tinsy
    Free Member

Thats the brdige over to Canvey Island…

theflatboy
    Free Member

i saw it on another site when i was looking for interesting riding pics. as far as i know it's in moab or thereabouts. looks amazing, hey? scary stuff, not techincally hard at all but you'd have the drop on either side in mind when you were doing it!

rOcKeTdOg

you'd need some momentum to get up the other side

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

redthunder – there's a funny vaseline effect going on at the top of your greenery shot – did you add that ?

Tonylem
    Free Member

This is one of my favorites, will be back there in a few weeks 🙂

stever
    Free Member

That bridge is just off the Poison Spider trail nr Moab. Very very scary drop to the Colorado River the left, I wouldn't dream of riding it 😉

theflatboy
    Free Member

good info, steve. i see what you mean:

😯

feenster
    Free Member

Spain, Orba near Alicante.

Early start, road climb.

Gaining height:

We're going down that:

we swam at the bottom:

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Tonylem – when are you going back?

We're the middle 2 weeks of August.

Have you trained Ryan in tree avoidance yet?

Back on topic, this is what works for me.

The kind of trail where if you relax and look at the landscape for an instant you die horribly, but you simply *have* to look.

(pic courtesy of Ash at TA)

Tonylem
    Free Member

Hi John, sure you spotted that was one of your pictures. Week commencing August 8th, were not with TrailAddiction this year, we're with a few friends and have just hired a chalet in Vallandry. May pay for a day or two's guiding though, as I would really like to do some riding with Ash again.
    Ryans not too bad at avoiding trees now but we are both recovering from broken collarbones at the moment, but should both be good for our hols.
    Hopefully see you there.

woody2000

Feenster – where is that? I holiday quite a bit in Alcalali, which is no more that 2 or 3 clicks away from Orba. I have access to a bike whilst I'm there and I usually stick to the road (Col De Rates!), but have seen loads of tracks but been to wary of venturing offroad without knowing what's legal etc. Any info appreciated!

EDIT: Actually, is that the top of Col De Rates? My picture from the top:

JonEdwards
    Free Member

BOTH of you with broken collar bones? Herself must have been happy with you!

Yup that's our first week. See you there!

feenster
    Free Member

Feenster – where is that?

My memory of the specifics is pretty hazy as it was 2 years ago.

Castels de Castel I think?

We used the "Trail Riders guide to spain" book, and borrowed some maps from some people in the Costa Blanca Mountain Walkers who we met.

Actually we were pretty dissapointed with the singletrack oportunites around there. Hardly any as far as we could see. But loads of steep double track, if you are into going high and far with great scenery but not too much technical challenge.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘this is why i ride’ is closed to new replies.