Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • This is why?
  • colournoise

Carefree, dusty, summer trails. What a joy it is to fly along them in the warm breeze.

prawny

You’re in the wrong place, just spent a week in the borders, rode Dalbeattie Mabie and Drumlanrig and I think I saw one (small) puddle, even the burns were low.

Sunburnt to **** now.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Came off on my local trails tonight, front end washed out on the dust. We need some rain, it’s been to hot recently.

Frustrated of Ayrshire.

prawny

We were chuntering because we’d took options for coats and jumpers for a week in Scotland and no one thought to take any shorts! Couldn’t even sit in the sun room at the cottage it was too hot, and we took a bottle of red wine there and back, it was lager weather.

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

They swept the fort bill world cup course as its too dusty. Wish someone would do dumyat, slid all the way from the top to the fence! We need rain here…

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

They swept the fort bill world cup course as its too dusty. Wish someone would do dumyat, slid all the way from the top to the fence! We need rain here…

rossburton
    Free Member

Is that a standard Matte Orange Rocket or some custom colour? Looks bloody awesome in that shot. 🙂

colournoise

rossburton – Member
    Is that a standard Matte Orange Rocket or some custom colour? Looks bloody awesome in that shot.

It is bloody awesome!

Standard matt orange, but as is my wont I’ve played with the photo in post processing – deeper shadows, pushed the contrast a bit and knocked back the saturation.

colournoise

prawny – Member
    You’re in the wrong place

True enough. No hills and precious few rocks. Just clay and sludge and roots. We usually get a couple of weeks of totally dry trails sometime in August, but even that’s looking distant at the moment.

Oh well… Got to make the best of what you’ve got I guess…

taxi25
    Free Member

Hmmm, not impressed, I could find a boggy patch in a 6mnth drought !!!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Not a lot of dust in Paris either at the moment. Bike under lock and key 🙁

whatyadoinsucka
    Free Member

Prawny clearly isn’t a northerner who rides year round in shorts lol
    My local trails have been perfect on a few occasions so far this year, but then it’s rained continuously for 3 days after each day of perfection

mintimperial

Ben Lomond yesterday. 28°C. 😀

Dibbs
    Free Member

It’s quite treacherous on the Quantocks at the moment due large stretches of deep sand/gravel dislodged by a really heavy storm last Saturday.

rossburton
    Free Member

Standard matt orange, but as is my wont I’ve played with the photo in post processing – deeper shadows, pushed the contrast a bit and knocked back the saturation.

Suspected as much. Awesome shot!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘This is why?’ is closed to new replies.