• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • This is what heavy music can be!
  • Lifer
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHVCqiNNkCk[/video]

The original line-up of one of my favourite bands reforming 10 years after their debut album and playing it live in a studio.

The band is Misery Signals and the album is ‘Of Malice and the Magnum Heart’ – had a massive effect on me, when it came out I was in a band and we listened to this loads, brings back a lot of good memories! The singer left after touring the album and was replaced by someone not as good.

Hadn’t listened to it for a while when I saw this, remember why I love it so much, heavy, technical, beautiful, massive hooks!

There’s a lot of bands that do the odd time signatures/riff switching/melodic section thing but to be none sound as ‘right’ as Misery Signals, to me they are the ultimate metalcore band.

Turn it up loud.

[/preaching]

The album is mostly about a car crash the singer was in that killed two members of the band he was in at the time, their van was hit by a drunk driver:

The band, Compromise, had just performed in Birmingham and was headed to Georgia when its van collided with another vehicle on Interstate 20 about 2 a.m. Thursday.

State troopers said the wreck killed the van’s driver, guitarist Jordan Wodehouse, 19, of Edmonton, Alberta; and guitar player Daniel Langlois, 20, of St. Albert, Alberta.

Bass player Braden Russell Sustrik, 19, of Sherwood Park, Alberta, and drummer Ryan Darrel Kittlitz, 20, of Edmonton, were hospitalized in stable condition. Singer Jesse Trevert Zaraska, 23, of Edmonton, was treated and released.

Two Heflin men were in a Nissan Pathfinder that collided with the van. Troopers said driver Ricky Earl Nolen, 27, was treated and released and Daniel Heath Waldrop, 28, was hospitalized in stable condition.

Trooper spokesman Brent Thomas said the Pathfinder rear-ended the band’s van. Both vehicles swerved into the median, where the van struck a tree, ejecting all five band members, Thomas said.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘This is what heavy music can be!’ is closed to new replies.