• This topic has 102 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)
  • This is pretty horrible
  • enfht
    Free Member

The US don’t believe they need to justify their reasons, not even to a big hitter like you MrDarcy. Take it up with them, wave a placard or maybe design a T-shirt or something.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I have one of those watches. Should I be very, very worried?

Definitely… you’ve already admitted you’re guilty and no doubt there is extensive CCTV footage of you being all trendy retro n that.

enfht
    Free Member

Love them or hate them, drones are the future. Won’t be long until US Law Enforcement are using drones to shoot their own citizens. Land of the Free etc. What’s your point caller?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The US don’t believe they need to justify their reasons, not even to a big hitter like you MrDarcy. Take it up with them, wave a placard or maybe design a T-shirt or something.

Ok, so because the US don’t need to justify their reasons, that’s evidence enough. So, I’ll ask again, do you have anything to back up the earlier statement I quoted?

carloz
    Free Member

I thought it was pretty shocking, then 10 minutes later I saw Kate Quillion on Channel 4’s Food Unwrapped show having a similar procedure – she obviously wasnt strapped down, but didn’t flinch. Not saying it right or wrong, just that Kate is harder than Mos Def.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

What’s your point caller?

Looking to get a world perspective from a learned defender of peace and human rights such as your good self.

enfht
    Free Member

So, I’ll ask again

😆

MrDarcy are you just bitter because you failed your Mod exam?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

MrDarcy are you just bitter because you failed your Mod exam?

I’m not bitter about anything enfht. Can you back it up or not? It’s an easy question…and if you can, I’ll be delighted to read any links you can provide. If you could please refrain from insults in any future response, that might allow the thread to run for other posters involved.

Junkyard
    Free Member

They’ve already removed the chaff. The Guardian are somehow painting those who remain as innocent victims which is a pathetic joke.

I think what folk are saying is if you illegally take people from a foreign country using the term “illegal combatants” and dont put them in your own country under your legal jurisdiction and keep them without trial indefinitely then we are concerned about human rights abuses. Could you imagine if some backward country like say Iraq did this with say Israeli citizens or some Jews who just took arms when they invaded israel and still presented no evidence

It is a serious human rigths violation the likes of which the International community would accept from no other “authority” and it is shameful – even the supporters of the US doing this would be livid were it any other country never mind if it was done to US citizens.

What is it with folk being asked a perfectly reasonable question related to their view and they just simply not answering and then being sarccy and adding a hilarious smiley?

i dont know if this is meant to cover up the fact you cannot substantiate your view but it does not.

enfht
    Free Member

MrDarcy you have mistaken me for someone who feels compelled to justify their opinion to an anonymous chat forum. This thread was opened due to the Guardian posting a pathetic video, and I’ve aired my view that the “victims” still imprisoned aren’t victims at all, and this inevitably gives you a hard on. Sorry can’t help you out I’m afraid. Put the hand lotion back in the cupboard and put the telly on.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If you could please refrain from insults in any future ……

You’ve only yourself to blame DD, attempting to engage enfht in debate is particularly dumb. You know full well that enfht’s input is generally restricted one or two sentences of sneering smartarse comments designed to insult. He doesn’t do “debates”. Even if he wanted to, I’m sure he lacks the intellectual capacity to do so.

enfht
    Free Member

😀 Love it.

Ernie you should wear a top hat when you type.

MrDarcy, on reflection, I should not have mentioned the Mod exam. I apologise for mentioning the Mod exam and I won’t mention the Mod exam again.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

If you **** with the USA you’re going to have a bad time.
    Pro Tip: Dont **** with the USA.

Under the Geneva convention they are classed as un-uniformed enemy combatants(spies or saboteurs). Under international law they can be executed immediately and without trail. Id have no problem with them simply lining them all up against a wall and being shot!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

MrDarcy you have mistaken me for someone who feels compelled to justify their opinion to an anonymous chat forum. This thread was opened due to the Guardian posting a pathetic video, and I’ve aired my view that the “victims” still imprisoned aren’t victims at all, and this inevitably gives you a hard on. Sorry can’t help you out I’m afraid. Put the hand lotion back in the cupboard and put the telly on.

I thought just for once, I’d give you a chance to back up something you’ve said enfht. But it seems ernie’s right and I only have myself to blame for trying to engage you. I often wonder what motivates the likes of you on Internet forums. Perhaps, as you’ve shown that you have nothing to back up your statement, you might enlighten us as to why you say the types of things you do instead?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I think this might be relevant:

enfht – Member

House in north London I lived in was built on railway sidings where they would unload dead soldiers, local lads from both world wars, always at night. Never felt weird living there though tbh.
    Posted 1 week ago # Report-Post

crankboy
    Free Member

I think it is important to point out that the detainees fall into two groups , those who have not been convicted of any crime , and those who have been shown to be innocent . Some human beings who have been abducted tortured and illegaly detained ( also apparently referred to as chaff ) have been released but many have not hence the hunger strike. When you battle with monsters you should take care lest you become a monster.

enfht
    Free Member

Good point Jivebunny. Drones do have a place in modern warfare.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

I think it is important to point out that the detainees fall into two groups , those who have not been convicted of any crime , and those who have been shown to be innocent . Some human beings who have been abducted tortured and illegaly detained ( also apparently referred to as chaff ) have been released but many have not hence the hunger strike. When you battle with monsters you should take care lest you become a monster.

Don’t you get it they were in a war zone participating in combat, without a uniform, that means that its perfectly ok to execute them immediately, torture them or whatever you want they have no rights at all. These people don’t believe in human rights any way, a brutal death is no more than they deserve.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Don’t you get it they were in a war zone participating in combat, without a uniform, that means that its perfectly ok to execute them immediately, torture them or whatever you want they have no rights at all. They people don’t believe in human rights any way, a brutal death is no more than they deserve.

I take it you were disappointed that you didn’t get a reaction from your earlier post so you went a bit nuclear with that one. Don’t you get it that some of them weren’t participating in combat? Or do you believe everything our friends in the US tell us?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The last US helicopter to leave Vietnam ……… after the US had its arse thoroughly spanked by a poor third world country.

Since then they’ve made a point of picking on even weaker countries and cajoling lots of other countries to help them.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

I take it you were disappointed that you didn’t get a reaction from your earlier post so you went a bit nuclear with that one. Don’t you get it that some of them weren’t participating in combat? Or do you believe everything our friends in the US tell us?

I dont give a shit, if you think the USA are the bad guys you are very naive. Like i said shoot/hang/burn the lot of em i couldn’t care less.

crankboy
    Free Member

Except they were not which is why the us military have cleared them, but refuse to release them because they have no where to go . Which is why they are on hunger strike . Some may be guilty but no one has produced any admissible evidence some are innocent according to the us army but are still held and force fed .
    Don’t you get this is no us vs them but complex politics ?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

What did I tell ya, that bloody bond is at it!!

3dvgirl
    Free Member

The last US helicopter to leave Vietnam ……… after the US had its arse thoroughly spanked by a poor third world country.

yea vietnam is now a lovely country to live in, unless ur gay witch is illegal, or you like to blog or like to be critical of the government. Yea the americans were clearly the bad guys.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I dont give a shit, if you think the USA are the bad guys you are very naive.

Am I to infer that you think the US are the good guys in all this? Or is it, as crankboy said, a little bit more complex than that? If you could bring yourself down from ranty hyperbole, and engage in a bit of debate, we can all enjoy this a bit more.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

enfht – Member

Love them or hate them, drones are the future.
    yup, and you seem to be one of them

enfht
    Free Member

Ernie, you’re just bitter because the CIA killed your idol Che.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

Am I to infer that you think the US are the good guys in all this? Or is it, as crankboy said, a little bit more complex than that? If you could bring yourself down from ranty hyperbole, and engage in a bit of debate, we can all enjoy this a bit more.

tbh completely honest the idea of good and evil are debatable, its best to see international politics as competing bodies of power competing for limited resources.

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

enfht
    ..and you seem to be bitter because the education sytem failed you so badly

EDIT
    but you shouldn’t. Some people just can’t be educated.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Yea the americans were clearly the bad guys.

Definitely not a time to bring up the genocide of native Americans and the subsequent whitewash of popular history then I guess.

Oh, by the way, Bradley Mannings Court Martial is ongoing:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/crime/article/Defense-presents-video-in-Manning-WikiLeaks-trial-4651817.php

Must be near trolling hour:

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

yea vietnam is now a lovely country to live in, unless ur gay witch is illegal, or you like to blog or like to be critical of the government. Yea the americans were clearly the bad guys.

I didn’t think it had anything to do with who were the “good” guys and who were the “bad” guy.

In fact you made it very simple :

Morality doesn’t seem to come into your argument.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

Ernie, you’re just bitter because the CIA killed your idol Che.

that lines made my evening 🙂 lol i often wonder why people have such love for a mass murdering failure.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

tbh completely honest the idea of good and evil are debatable, its best to see international politics as competing bodies of power competing for limited resources.

Ok, so no more good guys and bad guys then. Are you aware that some of the Guantanamo detainees weren’t involved in combat operations (which you claimed)?

3dvgirl
    Free Member

I didn’t think it had anything to do with who were the “good” guys and who were the “bad” guy.

In fact you made it very simple :

Morality doesn’t seem to come into your argument.

That because morality has no place in war. War has only one rule, kill or be killed.

3dvgirl
    Free Member

Ok, so no more good guts and bad guys then. Are you aware that some of the Guantanamo detainees weren’t involved in combat operations (which you claimed)?

I don’t care if they were there selling ice creams.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

lol i often wonder why people have such love for a mass murdering failure.

I can only assume you’re talking about the US Government, yes?

crikey
    Free Member

This is great, has someone been out in the sun a bit too long?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I don’t care if they were there selling ice creams.

Ok, so what you’re saying is that you’re not really concerned about facts then? You’ll just keep straw-manning your way through the debate until you’ve pwned yourself inside out. At which point, I’m guessing you’ll start over again?

enfht
    Free Member

I don’t think that’s why MrDarcy buys sun lotion.

crankboy
    Free Member

By you logic 3dvgirl it is perfectly acceptable to kidnap and kill Americans as morality and culpability don’t enter into the equation.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘This is pretty horrible’ is closed to new replies.