Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • This is Peaty – Bristol.
  • Alpha1653

Just got tickets to This is Peaty at the Arnolfini, Bristol on 7 March. Anyone else going??

Quite tempted to get a ride in around Ashton Court beforehand too. 🙂

Lakes_Puma

I’m doing both 🙂

P-Jay
    Free Member

Will probably go for the ride, don’t have the time for the evening thing though.

What’s Aston Court like these days, rode it years back and it was very muddy, very flat and well… a tiny bit rubbish…

Milkie
    Free Member

Is it really going to be a ride with Peaty? Or are you going to see him set off and thats it… He’s gone? Genuine question!

I’ll be going to the Bike Bonanza to see if there are any bargains. 🙂

P-Jay, AC is not muddy, very far from it these days. Checkout some YT clips.

peter1979
    Free Member

Still quite flat though, and seriously slippy in the wet on the hardback surface, but it’s fun and local.

Lakes_Puma

Milkie I was wondering the same thing, any way I get to spend the day playing in Ashton court and Leigh woods

Leku
    Free Member

I’m doing the ride with my son (10).

Well I’ve primed him that we will hang around the car park, hopefully get an autograph, and then watch the horde of IT managers whizz into the distance.

Lakes_Puma

Leku how did you know I worked in IT?

I’ll be the one with the Bronson on the back of my Audi

P-Jay
    Free Member

Godaamit why does the STW collective hate my job so much.

P-Jay
    Free Member

**** it, if it’s going to be one of the inverse snobbery events when everyone is busying themselves scoring scene points I won’t bother, I’ll go an ride something with a bit of elevation where no one cars how you feed the kids as long as you like a bit of cycling from time to time.

Lakes_Puma

Don’t sweat it P-Jay I genuinely do work in IT and ride a Bronson, although I don’t drive an Audi, so in most cycling circles I’m a social pariah 🙁

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m not sure why it’s getting under my skin today, but there’s a lot of people on here and in the “mountain biking community” as a whole hell-bent on some anti-fashion as a fashion lead lifestyle.

Rider buy a Audi ‘lifestyle’ estate – for £5k, £10k hell even buys a newish one for £20k and he’s a prick, another MAMIL, a Trail Yuppie or whatever else.

Rider buys a VW Van – made by the same people, costs multiples of what a similar aged car would cost – but it’s okay – he’s keeping it real even if it’s 5 times as big as he/she needs.

Rider saves up a small bundle of cash to buy a bike, agonises over every detail, reads every review and puts their money down on – whatever is the green eyed monster’s latest hate figure – certainly the Bronson at the moment – again total ****, sheep, all-the-gear. whathave you – unless he dared borrow the money to buy it – you can double the insult then.

Whilst another rider might drop a small fortune on some useless niche filling flash-in-the-pan thing like a Fatbike that they’ll ride about 3 times before being thrown in N+1 pile in the shed forever – but that’s okay.

Ride trail centres? **** – in fact, if you fail to tell everyone at the top of your voice whenever the subject is mentioned you’d never been to one and wouldn’t be seen dead riding one – ****.

Buy colourful clothing for riding – ****.

The list goes on and on – IMO the single mistake all these off-road hipsters are making is they think they’re in some way ‘cool’ there is NOTHING cool about Mountain Biking, honestly to the wider world it’s one up from Train Spotting, when I first started riding it was the least cool pastime in the world.

(sorry, I think it’s the pills talking)

teethgrinder

Blob rage?

P-Jay
    Free Member

A combination of anti-biotic and prescription pain killers has made me a little on/off at the moment. I’m like the Hulk, only without the power to lift my arms much higher than shoulder height at the moment without getting out of breath.

Leku
    Free Member

Sorry to have pressed your button. Get well soon.

oldfart

I’m probably going to AC for a spin , if it’s anything like riding with Shaun Palmer I did on the Mendips recently the reality will be get a glimpse and the start then hang on for dear life til you blow up ! 🙄 The bike jumble bugs me though a fiver to get in ? Seriously I’m out !

brodie
    Free Member

Went to the jumble this morning, loved it!

Got some bargain clothing and Peaty’s book signed at a third of the cover price.

Lakes_Puma

I had a great day yesterday and it was nice to meet the man himself

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘This is Peaty – Bristol.’ is closed to new replies.