Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • This is fun! Food poisoning content
  • Pook

Went out for a pint with the in-laws earlier and me and my wife decided to eat at the pub too to save rushing back to sort tea for the kids.

We both had a burger.

We’ve both been throwing up for the last 6 hours.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Commiserations. At least it’ll soon evolve into the shits, which can be dealt with sitting down.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

That’s a bit quick for it to be the burger

cheekyget
    Free Member

If the ..outlaws are ok ….then I’ll put my money on them trying to poison ya!!…lol

Pook

How the hell we deal with a two year old and a four month today is beyond me.

I’ve just discovered I can’t trust a fart – but I was lucky. This time….

matt_outandabout

Been there (sick with three kids), time to phone friends…

roper
    Free Member

Good for weight loss though if you are carrying a few extra pounds. If not think of the extra guilt free burgers you can eat.

I hope you are able to have a peaceful day.

bearnecessities

I’m not an expert in anything, but agree 6 hours seems a bit quick for it to be the burger.

Pook

Had the burger at 3/4. Chucking up at 1am

cchris2lou

Sounds about right.

Contact the EHO at your local council.

bearnecessities

Complete reading fail, apologies!

maccruiskeen

I’m not an expert in anything, but agree 6 hours seems a bit quick for it to be the burger.

This guy’s an expert and he says it only takes half and hour. Presuming it was the fish-burger.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkGR65CXaNA[/video]

Its difficult to really say if something is food poisoning or not – if everyone who ate a certain dish that night is effected – then probably yes, or everyone who ate in that venue then probably yes. The bugs that cause food poisoning aren’t uniquely transmitted through food. Something like norovirus could be transmitted as result of food handling practices, but could be a result of you sharing a space with someone who themselves is ill – you and the missus ate the same dish, but you were also in the same room, at the same table, touched the same door handles and so on, not just in that pub but throughout the day. One of you could have picked up the bug anywhere and passed it to the other before you either had the notion you were ill – so its not just the places you’ve been together either.

So, you know…. Shit happens. 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Sister-in-law used to work in the lab they sent Env Health samples for testing.

Reckoned most cases were because the kitchen staff hadn’t washed their hands properly after a number two, rather than the actual food.

I don’t suppose that’s much comfort though.

Definitely report it!

jam-bo

There was an expert on r4 the other day talking about norovirus. Apparently in a single droplet of infectious ‘liquid’ there is enough norovirus to infect the entire planet.

And soap and water is the best defence against it, it’s immune to alcohol based hand cleaners.

martinhutch

Definitely report to EHO. Might pull them up before they poison someone a bit more vulnerable.

globalti
    Free Member

Definitely. They will go round and check out the restaurant kitchen.

lightman
    Free Member

As others have said, its a not so great, but a really quick way to loose some weight, so try and look at that as an upside, unless you’re underweight already!

My advise, and what I do when I get food poisoning, get lots of cola or any type of nasty acidic drink and keeping drinking it regularly.
    The acid in it can help quickly kill the bug, and if/when you do throw up, its a nicer flavour than stomach acid!

A few years ago, I read about a cyclist who travelled all round the world and always ate the local food, but he never got food poisoning! He put it down to having a can of Coke every day!

wallop

I always thought food poisoning could crop up anywhere between 6-36 hours after eating.

piemonster

I recommend a good dose of Campylobacter. It’s great fun.

I particularly enjoyed providing the sample for the GP to send for testing. Honestly, why give something with such a small opening to deposit into, as if the whole scenario isn’t unpleasant enough you have to get bloodied faeces into a definitely undersized plastic pot.

piemonster

Anyway, back the the Pasty thread

Pook

There’s some semblance of recovery taking place. Today’s been hard work but support from friends has been vital! Just managed a bowl of pasta and a Rubicon ice cream so that’s good. Just feel like a weakling though.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

There was an expert on r4 the other day talking about norovirus. Apparently in a single droplet of infectious ‘liquid’ there is enough norovirus to infect the entire planet.

And yet the entire planet hasn’t been infected which shows just how pointless this alarmist nonsense is.

shermer75
    Free Member

Good to hear you’re feeling better OP!

CountZero

Get well soon, Poo…k. 😉

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘This is fun! Food poisoning content’ is closed to new replies.