Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • This is fantastic, watch this ( Digital Projection Mapping content )
  • trailofdestruction
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX6JcybgDFo[/video]

Good innit.

wwaswas

I saw this last night – my daughter couldn’t believe it was projections – it’s brilliant 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I saw this linked on thisiscolossal.com yesterday….now I’m a cynical bitter husk of a man, but this was joyous.

I really hope they do a making of/behind the scenes follow up.

peachos
    Free Member

If you ever get the chance go to see Amon Tobin’s ISAM shows, absolutely astounding. Stood through most of the show gawping – the images are sounds are just immense.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umf0C0WCsr8[/video]

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

I was very lucky to see him at a festival in London last year. It was a very cynical London audience, but you could hear the reaction of the crowd. Everyone was just in awe and amazement, including me.

I’ve never seen anything like it, and it really opened my eyes to what is truly possible. Now keeping an eye out for future tours.

peachos
    Free Member

i’m sure he’ll be back around at some point. we nearly drove to london to see him again a couple of weeks after seeing it in manchester!

monkeychild
    Free Member

That is stunning!!! Cheers for that 🙂

mangatank
    Free Member

Astounding! Great post.

letmetalktomark

Think my brain has melted a little …. 😯

In lay mans English what was/is that?

CGI?

wrightyson
    Free Member

That is being shared to whoever will watch it! Great stuff!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

In lay mans English what was/is that?

Produced by Bot and Dolly, a San Francisco-based design and engineering studio, this amazing clip was filmed entirely in camera and demonstrates a mixture of robotically controlled monitors, projection-mapping and choreographed human interaction.

Box: A Groundbreaking Demonstration at the Intersection of Robotics, Projection-Mapping, and Software

http://www.engadget.com/2013/09/24/bot-and-dolly-box/

clubber
    Free Member

CGI generates the projected images and it’s then matched to computer controlled actuators to put the screens in the right places to coordinate with the projected images.

Clever technical challenge.

fadda

Well, I say… That’s jolly, jolly clever!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Being a geographer I was expecting something very different. However I am glad I have seen that ta. Loved the last bit with robot xray images.

luffy105
    Free Member

Loved that

I saw something similar projected onto a building in York a few years ago. Wasn’t quite as slick as that but they made the whole building come alive. It was amazing. It was a Brazilian outfit that did it iirc.

Must be on you tube. I’ll look it up, it went on for over 10 mins

Jamie
    Free Member

On a side note, I just spent a throughly enjoyable 30 mins in a darkened room watching Amon Tobin’s ISAM on the big telly in 1080p…..

TiRed

Anyone else remember decode at the V&A a few years back? It was brilliant.

luffy105
    Free Member

This was it. It was brilliant live. Doesn’t get going until 6 mins in though

Crell
    Free Member

Very impressive. Thanks for sharing.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Cool to watch, interesting to see co-ordination of panel movement and projection.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘This is fantastic, watch this ( Digital Projection Mapping content )’ is closed to new replies.