Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)
  • This is cool (car content)
  • DezB
    Free Member

Shame – the Yaris not due out until July 2012 🙁

rkk01
    Free Member

That FatMAX is still the coolest car shown on this thread… 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

bol – I too like the plug-in. 12.5 miles is enough for going to town and back, but the GM one should to 40 miles supposedly which would be a lot better. Smaller car tho.

I’d love to know how they calculate 108mpg though – presumably that’s only when the battery is fully charged, so will deterioriate on a long trip.

yunki
    Free Member

yaris for me..
    very nice..

and you get to pick up intelligent eco friendly sexy new age hippy chicks instead of Jodie Marsh or whatever it is that you pick up in a lamborghini..

-m-
    Free Member

I’d love to know how they calculate 108mpg though – presumably that’s only when the battery is fully charged, so will deterioriate on a long trip.

Presumably it’s based on the standardised ‘official’ consumption tests – another example of how mpg and CO2 figures can easily be massaged with little relevance to the average motorist or real-world performance 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

What about this then?

Re the fuel consumption tests – found out that there’s now a special international test standard for plug in hybrids to calculate CO2 figures – but I can’t find out what it involves. So I am guessing a different test altogether.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

instead of Jodie Marsh or whatever it is that you pick up in a lamborghini

Do I have to pick *that* up in my super-fast-super-cool-super-black-super-everything car?

I’ll take the Prius then…

yunki
    Free Member

Do I have to pick *that* up in my super-fast-super-cool-super-black-super-everything car?

yes

molgrips
    Free Member

super-cool-super-black-super-everything car

Like this?

(10th anniversary special edition Prius)

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Well it’s black.

hora
    Free Member

Will it be another French Yaris? It looks like its getting bigger. IMO it should stay as compact as possible unless they are shooting the Auris.

stumpy01

Yeah, that black Prius is getting there I guess.
    Helped a lot by being a black car against a, erm, black background.

The Honda CR-Z is by no means that efficient (as I understand it) but it’s by far the ‘coolest’ hybrid at the moment. Well, IMO & I always wanted the original CRX.

molgrips
    Free Member

All cars get bigger.. they just introduce new small models.

A hybrid iQ should be next.

CR-Z is very nice. 50mpg ish I think. Agreed, the coolest hybrid.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

So the next question is – when will they make an affordable fully electric car? I have a relatively short commute and would happily nip back and forth in an electric car but at £26k (which includes the Government grant) that new Nissan Leaf is a bit steep isn’t it?

stumpy01

m_f

£180 for this bad boy…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

😆

molgrips
    Free Member

The Ampera is going to be cheaper I think. How long is your commute?

Mitsubishi iMiev is also £24k including the grant.

dogbert
    Free Member

ah the prius, a car that has a larger “carbon footprint” to build than an Aston Martin and is no more frugal than say a diesel golf

But if you’re the kind of person that takes your enviromental advice from celebrities, buys your weekly shopping based on the amount of times you can see the words “Organic” and “Fair Trade” in your trolley and thinks that your child may be the next musical prodigy because they may have pointed a a piano once and drooled out the word “penis” then boy is this the car for you.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Almost no-one makes attractive cars anymore. The Prius looks like a rollerboot just like the civic did. They’re harmless, but not exactly nice. The Lambo is pretty damn nice, if we’re going to go away from curves and go to squared lines at least do it properly.

molgrips
    Free Member

ah the prius, a car that has a larger “carbon footprint” to build than an Aston Martin and is no more frugal than say a diesel golf

Wrong and wrong.

But if you’re the kind of person that hears some rubbish down the pub and spouts it on the internet, then go ahead, knock yourself out 🙂

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

How long is your commute?

Not too long, around two miles. But I do need to be able to see clients during the day so often do 30 mile round-trips on top.

molgrips
    Free Member

Plugin Prius would sort you out there then. 12.5 miles on a charge. It’s not cheap but it’s much more of a car than a Leaf, ie closer to the equivalent normal car.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

12.5 miles on a charge? And how much do they cost? They would have to be seriously cheap for most people to be prepared to make the inevitable compromises such a small range would bring.

molgrips
    Free Member

It’s not a compromise – you switch on EV mode if you are doing less than 12.5 miles, otherwise it’s exactly the same as a normal Prius. So you drive to work, plug in (or not), drive home, plug in – no petrol used. Drive to a client – put it in petrol mode and off you go.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Okay – I thought you meant it was an entirely electric car.

But anyway, what I would ‘want’ would be a small and cheap thing to knock around in really – just for those trips to work and back. When my TT goes back in autumn ( 🙁 ) we are getting a sensible family car and I just need something cheap as a runaround. Electric would be perfect but for the price.

molgrips
    Free Member

Then here are my suggestions:

boblo
    Free Member

And I thought ‘cool’ was a condition monitored by 12 year old girls….

cynic-al
    Free Member

for you boblo, it probably is.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Rubbish car this one. Why you likes, Mol? 😕

chewkw
    Free Member

This should be put into production.

molgrips
    Free Member

Cos it gets low emissions by being very clever.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

But it looks rubbish. 😥

No it does, it actually does. I am an expert, indeed, an authority on aesthetic matters, as you well know, therefore it looks rubbish. I’m sorry Mol, you seem like a decent enough sort, but I’m afraid I simple must say it as it is. I hope you won’t be too upset.

You can always come to your senses and admit you are completely and utterly wrong. I won’t think any less of you for doing so.

joolsburger
    Free Member

scaredypants

think I might be getting one of these soon ( 😐 )

molgrips
    Free Member

But it looks rubbish

It looks that way because the shape of the body is as efficient as they could make it.

Fitness for purpose is its own beauty.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

An electric car, seen recently;

Not at all practical, but cool…….

molgrips
    Free Member

What is it?

A Renault Avantime – first marketed in 1999 and no longer made.

3.0l V6 over 200bhp iirc

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

A vel Statis? (sp)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘This is cool (car content)’ is closed to new replies.