Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)
  • This idea of cowardly posts?
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Posts the last useful post

Posts the first useless post

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the usual suspects who seek to try and stiffle any real debate by endlessly goggling ‘facts’

Agreed. I prefer if people don’t bother checking the facts…….arguing with someone who’s talking bollox is much more fun.

cynic-al
    Free Member

WTF is the VOLVO FOR SALE tag about? (I did sell mine about a year ago)

djglover
    Free Member

Is this thread another big hitters love in?

Mongs

cynic-al
    Free Member

But you were once a big hitter yourself, djglover?

oldnpastit

Sometimes this is like watching my children (4 boys) all jostling to try to work out who the alpha male is.

The eldest is very calm and reasoned as he’s been around longest. He also has a real actual girlfriend. This clearly makes him the alpha male.

The next one is the tallest in the family (taller than me) and his height, and his ability to make cutting unpleasant remarks also clearly makes him the alpha male.

The next one is clearly cleverer than his older brother (the tall one) but has only recently worked out that he doesn’t have to put up with unpleasant remarks from his older brother. He’d like to be the alpha male but hasn’t quite figured out how yet.

The youngest knows he can’t (yet) be the alpha male, but he can make up for that by being the small cute one (although this then means his brothers get really annoyed).

And there’s the dog. He also thinks he is the alpha male, which is why (in his mind at least) it’s OK to wee and poo on the kitchen floor.

93% of the posters to this forum fall into one of those categories.

jota180
    Free Member

I really struggle to believe anyone takes anything posted on here seriously enough to get offended or angry

How on earth did they survive school?

RichPenny
    Free Member

Dude, clearly your kids haven’t been beaten enough if they think they have a chance of being alpha male 🙁

cynic-al
    Free Member

oldnpastit that’s very good – yours or a cutnpastit?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

cutnpastit?

😆

That has the potential to go so horribly wrong….

do you use childlike affectations (is not,dijical, was not, owt, woont etc) in your face to face oratorical interactions?

They’re not ‘childlike affectations’, merely my own choice of how to spell stuffs. And a bit phonetic I reckon, so probbly close to the sound of the words themselves. ‘Owt’ is a Northern thing I’ve learnt off people what I’ve hung around with.

But the fact that they annoy people like yourself just encourages me to use them all the more. 😀

Language is a fascinating thing…

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

“Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
    The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
    Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
    The frumious Bandersnatch!”
    He took his vorpal sword in hand:
    Long time the manxome foe he sought —
    So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
    And stood awhile in thought.
    And, as in uffish thought he stood,
    The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
    Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
    And burbled as it came!
    One, two! One, two! And through and through
    The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
    He left it dead, and with its head
    He went galumphing back.
    “And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
    Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
    O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!’
    He chortled in his joy.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

I’m having Spag Bol tonight; sod the bloody lot of yer…

oldnpastit

oldnpastit that’s very good – yours or a cutnpastit?

All my own work 🙂

Sometimes they can be quite hard to get on with, but they are occasionally quite amazing!

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

And there’s the dog. He also thinks he is the alpha male, which is why (in his mind at least) it’s OK to wee and poo on the kitchen floor.

93% of the posters to this forum fall into one of those categories.

I know which one I fall into! 😀

oldnpastit

So long as you have big soulful eyes, and soft brown furry ears, you’ll get away with it 🙂

paulosoxo
    Free Member

CharlieMungus – Member

Waddya say Paulo? Are you ready to be the line?

If it helps, I’ll come and watch and hold your coat or something.

Aren’t you forgetting that I’m still a bit broken?

MrSmith
    Free Member

But the fact that they annoy people like yourself just encourages me to use them all the more

one thing i learned on day one of the internet (when logging on involved cutting the phone off and watching a ‘loading’ bar crawl across the screen was to not be annoyed by things posted by randoms on the internet. there’s far more important things to get annoyed about, like running out of milk, a dripping tap or losing a battery charger*

*current annoyances.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

So why did you even bring it up then? 😆

It does annoy you really, does not in any way it? See, you’re annoyed right now! No you are, be honest. 😀

MrSmith
    Free Member

no. not annoyed. have bought milk, tap is still dripping but if you put the scourer in the sink it muffles the dripping noise.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Stop procrastinating and bung a new washer on it then!

Kevin McCloud annoys me. Mainly cos he talks poncified pretentious shite and does not in any way know what he’s talking about most of the time. Arrogant knob.

I know I’d do him in a fight though so that’s reassuring.

Northwind

Jota180 – Member

How on earth did they survive school?

I knocked the s*** out of anyone that crossed me. Sadly not possible on here 😉

bullheart
    Free Member

This thread is getting a little dangerous. Who could possibly help us?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Wun…

😆

I’ll let you have that one Bully; I’ll let you have that one!

CountZero

Just had a quick read through some of this thread, and it’s just made me realise that, in all the years I’ve been on here, around eight or so, I’ve never a) paid any attention to tags, or b) written one.
    I scroll straight to the first post, so maybe I ought to pay more attention to what seems to be, to some, a part of the forum with profound insight and/or amusement.
    Or maybe not.

yunki
    Free Member

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

I knocked the s*** out of anyone that crossed me. Sadly not possible on here

Paaaaaauuuuuuuulllllooooooooooooooooooooo!

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Aren’t you forgetting that I’m still a bit broken

Wot? Your willy broke too?

tagger
    Free Member

Oi!
    👿

KennySenior
    Free Member

I see the tags as a sort of parallel commentary on the thread, like back benchers making the odd witty comment to each other while the Big Hitters are trying to knock lumps out of each other at the metaphorical dispatch box – for those who don’t have the energy/indignation/ego/complete lack of self awareness to join in the actual argument itself, or can see the utter futility of engaging with the forum front benchers, and just prefer to watch them lord it over everyone else.

cheez0
    Free Member

could someone please adversely tag me as I’m feeling left out.

KennySenior
    Free Member

Will that do?

cheez0
    Free Member

I feel loved again!

rOcKeTdOg

surely you could all find something more constructive to do than go round and round in circles again

my excuse is i’m recovering from last nights party and sharing a bed with the GF and her sister*

*purely platonic but they are fidgeters!

Oxboy
    Free Member

sharing a bed with the GF and her sister*

*purely platonic but they are fidgeters!

Is that what’s known as a ‘spoiler’? 😀

Viewing 32 posts - 81 through 112 (of 112 total)

The topic ‘This idea of cowardly posts?’ is closed to new replies.