Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • This has to be the stupidest person/idea ever!!
  • Tiger6791

Who could ever think this was a good idea…

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322106195957

😯

It’s worrying that people who think that…

a: This is a good idea
    b: I should sell this

they are in amongst us, be worried …

molgrips
    Free Member

Horribly dangerous.

johndoh
    Free Member

Christ on a bike!

(Well I hope not, they’d make a right mess of his legs).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Cheers for the PSA. I’d been looking for an accessory to a 4×4 that screamed I’m a selfish relish stain that cares for no one but myself more than bull bars.

sbob
    Free Member

Are these legal?

mattyfez

It would fail an MOT so presumably illegal too

2.1 Body, vehicle structure and general items

These will be inspected to check that:

they’re free from excessive corrosion or damage in specific areas
    there are no sharp edges likely to cause injury

perchypanther
    Free Member

No protection offerred from Audis. I’m out.

cdoc
    Free Member

What the piss?! Pretty sure that any fool using them on public roads would be contravening a number of vehicle regulations.
    That description, too 😕

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’ll be a matter of weeks before these are available for bikes.

STRRRRRRAAAAAAVAAAAA!

falkirk-mark

That’s got to be a wind up, surely totally illegal to fit these

P-Jay
    Free Member

We’re not so far away from a time when 4×4 owners routinely fitted rigid reinforced steel frames to the front of their vehicles like something out of a post apocalyptic Mad Max world, as sharp as these completely illegal to fit weapons look, they’re possibly less lethal than ‘bull bars.

sbob
    Free Member

mattyfez – Member

It would fail an MOT so presumably illegal too

2.1 Body, vehicle structure and general items

These will be inspected to check that:

they’re free from excessive corrosion or damage in specific areas
    there are no sharp edges likely to cause injury

My MOT manual is out of date, but reason for failure states:

“A sharp edge or projection, caused by corrosion or damage, which renders the vehicle dangerous to other road users, including pedestrians.”

It doesn’t mention “deliberate modification” which it does in relation to other failures.

mattyfez

The wording seems to have changed slightly, “there are no sharp edges likely to cause injury” is a line on it’s own which I read as no sharp edges full stop, corosion, or hood oraments or anything.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/car-parts-checked-at-an-mot/car-parts-checked-at-an-mot

globalti
    Free Member

A Land Rover bumper will do a fair bit of damage to a modern car anyway, I remember Winston my neighbour’s description of a crash he had in his S111 (poor brakes) when a Volvo pulled out in front of him: “I watched the bumper going through the Volvo, it just went on ripping and ripping!”

maccruiskeen

I didn’t think there was much more you could do to the front of a land rover to make it more dangerous to third parties than it already is. But I think the addition of these stylish off-cuts of aluminium extrusion left over from a mitring job and swept up off the floor and (presumably fitted with blutac) only need the addition of live mains electricty and a smearing of MRSA to make to improve on 60 years of non-evolution.

bodgy
    Free Member

Illegal. It’s been reported to e-bay. More than one report would probably help.

sbob
    Free Member

mattyfez – Member

The wording seems to have changed slightly

Just looked at the full PDF, it’s the same as I posted. 🙁

maccruiskeen

The scandal is he’s charging a tenner for them 🙂

The danger is they’ll fall off – as theres no facility to actually attach them to anything – and ruin your tyre.

mattyfez

Atually, the PDF says differently –
    . A sharp edge or projection, caused by corrosion
    or damage, which renders the vehicle
    dangerous to other road users, including
    pedestrians

It it mentions sharp edged caused by corosion or damage, but not sharp objects stuck to the body?!

Cougar

More than one report would probably help.

Well, there’s been at least two now.

MoreCashThanDash

johndoh – Member
    Christ on a bike!

I am offended on behalf of all cycling Evangelists and think you should apologise.

wilburt
    Free Member

I was out recently and nobhead in one of those drove past us repeatedly blowing out great plooms of exhaust fumes/particles. Regardless of add ons they should be taken of the road.

metcalt

Now ended thankfully, looks like the reports did the trick.

Junkyard
    Free Member

t mentions sharp edged caused by corosion or damage, but not sharp objects stuck to the body?!

Just because its a rust free blade that does not mean its legal

CountZero

wilburt – Member
    I was out recently and nobhead in one of those drove past us repeatedly blowing out great plooms of exhaust fumes/particles. Regardless of add ons they should be taken of the road.

So you’re obviously perfectly happy with the ‘great plumes of exhaust fumes/particles’ put out in far greater amounts by buses, trucks, taxis, and many other commercial vehicles, then?
    And all the millions of other diesel-powered vehicles that the EU actively encouraged in order to reduce CO2 levels.
    🙄
    Oh, and the filth put into the atmosphere by commercial shipping, burning bunker oil, a thick, tar-like substance, is equal to half the pollution put out by all of the world’s cars!

bigjim

someone should put that on to the police scotland facebook, it’s basically intended to damage/maim other road users

I’m too scared as he’s local and looks quite likely to stalk and stab people

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Just wondering what damage he thought they were going to prevent, anything hard/stiff enough to cause damage to the side of the car is going to rip it straight off, or bend the end of the bumper (if the bolts are big enough) anything that won’t bend it, is probably too soft and squishy to damage the car anyway…….. and will just spray blood and guts all over the place.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Pitchforks down that is an obvious piss take

jkomo

I’ve always thought the same about those effing bonnet ornament things, you know horses heads, dogs etc.
    Guaranteed to open up a small child that is going over the bonnet. I mean what the fork do people think will happen if they ran into someone?
    Boils my piss.

wilburt
    Free Member

So you’re obviously

Only in your thick head.

buzz1024
    Free Member

wilburt – Member I was out recently and nobhead in one of those drove past us repeatedly blowing out great plooms of exhaust fumes/particles. Regardless of add ons they should be taken of the road.

It apoears that im a nobhead then 🙂
    Its a shame your opinion doesnt matter to me – might be because youre obviously a complete ****.

squirrelking
    Free Member

This is hilarious. Not the ad but the response to what is obviously a complete piss take.

wilburt
    Free Member

Just because a few boys who never grew up still like knocking one out over these leaky old shit boxes doesnt mean they are excused from poisoning the air the rest of have to breath and so what if other stuff does too, if possible stop that as well.

All vehicles that emit those levels of emissions should be consigned to a museum, sooner the better.

bodgy
    Free Member

Nice one, cougar. 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

squirrelking – Member
    This is hilarious. Not the ad but the response to what is obviously a complete piss take.

Unfortunatly there are people out there who would thing that is was a good idea

Frankenstein
    Free Member

suburbanreuben
    Free Member
Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘This has to be the stupidest person/idea ever!!’ is closed to new replies.