Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • This forum would hugely benefit from a 'notify me of responses' option
  • sambuka
    Free Member

That is all!

outspoken
    Free Member

What he said 🙄

wonkey_donkey
    Free Member

agreed

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bencooper
    Free Member

Good God, no – on forums which have that, it’s often enabled by default. I could do without several thousand more emails clogging my inbox 😉

Garry_Lager

It would benefit from a lot of things, but would then look like every other identi-kit v-bulletin forum out there. Instead, it stands alone – unsullied by progress.

soobalias
    Free Member

do you mean
    “sambuka would hugely benefit from a notifiy me of responses option”

perhaps send an email to a moderator explaining how important and busy you are?

peterfile
    Free Member

RSS?

tomhoward

If you are that keen on reading the responses, just check the thread?

AlexSimon

I think it would change the nature of this forum completely.

Whether that’s a good thing or not, I don’t know. I suspect not.
    In fact I think most of the forum’s character comes from the fact this option is not available.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Clikes “Like” button*

Oh, hold on….

😉

spawnofyorkshire

it would just make it really obvious to me that no one ever replies to my posts 😥

for some reason i need acceptance from you faceless purveyors of fictional gnarr and bike maintenance tips

njee20
    Free Member

*Clikes “Like” button*

Oh, hold on….

😆

It doesn’t need any of that crap, inasmuch as it doesn’t need 47 different sub-fora either!

Be orf with you, outsider.

ndthornton
    Free Member

spawnofyorkshire

Oh sorry – thought you were someone else

Jamie
    Free Member

*shares*

woody74

Totally agree especially in the For Sale section.

nixie

subscribe to the rss feed!

njee20
    Free Member

Ooo, in classified threads maybe, as they don’t come to the top of the page.

Jamie
    Free Member

subscribe to the rss feed!

Yes. That’s much more efficient.

*coughs*

Anyway, this was raised a few weeks ago:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/how-do-i-get-notifications-when-someone-replies-to-my-forum-posts

roverpig

What’s wrong with the “Forum Activity” option that already exists? That will tell you who has replied to any thread to which you’ve contributed.

core

Just hover over your username in the top right corner, click ‘forum activity’and it will bring up all the threads you’ve posted in, tell you when you posted, and when the last response was. Works pretty well………

On smart phone it’s a 2 stage process mind you as you can’t hover like on a pc.

rOcKeTdOg

I just bookmark “forum history” & refresh that when I log in, equal or quicker than opening an email prog. But then I don’t tend to monitor STW 24hrs a day waiting to reply like some do

Jamie
    Free Member

What’s wrong with the “Forum Activity” option that already exists? That will tell you who has replied to any thread to which you’ve contributed.

Just hover over your username in the top right corner, click ‘forum activity’and it will bring up all the threads you’ve posted in, tell you when you posted, and when the last response was. Works pretty well………

On smart phone it’s a 2 stage process mind you as you can’t hover like on a pc.

You fellas did read the thread title?

righog
    Free Member

No it would not.

RustySpanner

Can we have a forum puppy?

xiphon
    Free Member

When you return to the Forum to “see” if your thread/post has been responded to, STW gets revenue from adverts (impressions, click-throughs)

Why would they change this?

mogrim

tick

Jamie
    Free Member

Can we have a forum puppy?

Have several….

cookeaa

No it wouldn’t, I just take a quick look for responses on the Forum Activity tab under my user profile, you can see how recent the responses are… It’s not tricky.

And why would anyone want their inbox filling with updated on STW threads?

clubber
    Free Member

tick (+1)

wwaswas

What would be really useful would be to rejoin a thread at the point you last posted on it regardless of how many subsequent posts there had been.

And to sort the member history by last post on the thread not by the last time you posted.

parkesie
    Free Member

forum activity 😳

timmys

I don’t think having it would change the nature of the forum. What would is splitting the site into a thousand sub-forums as everywhere else insists on doing.

Jamie
    Free Member

as everywhere else insists on doing.

They do?

timmys

They do?

OK, lots of places do, such as Bike Radar

The one the one that always amused me was the Lapierre owners club forum. The whole thing is split into sub-forums, ie. model specific, “bike chat”, “technical chat”, etc. where most topics are relevant to multiple models and are also “bike” and “technical” chat as far as I can see.

thepurist

thomthumb
    Free Member

I don’t think having it would change the nature of the forum. What would is splitting the site into a thousand sub-forums as everywhere else insists on doing.

i would love to have a subforum to talk about gear ratios for non-racing-cyclocross-bikes to talk to the three other people who are interested.

timmys

i would love to have a subforum to talk about gear ratios for non-racing-cyclocross-bikes to talk to the three other people who are interested.

Actually I’m going to totally contradict myself. I would LOVE a sub-forum to keep all the roadie stuff separate. It still amazes me that there obviously isn’t be Singletrack equivalent for road bikes (I’m assuming there isn’t based on the amount on of stuff on here that would much better be answered by a road audience if it existed).

clubber
    Free Member

34/50 and 11-28 works perfectly for me.

(I’m assuming there isn’t based on the amount on of stuff on here that would much better be answered by a road audience if it existed).

There is a road audience. Here.

aracer
    Free Member

This. Or rather the first new post since you last looked at it, which is a feature most other forums have. It is incredibly tiresome the way this works here.

However apparently most people are against any change and it would all be too much work for a forum with this much activity. 🙄

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’d like a marker to show on every post I make which would identify who has read it, and how long it took them to read it… 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘This forum would hugely benefit from a 'notify me of responses' option’ is closed to new replies.