Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • This Fellaini "headbutt" nonsense.
  • gobuchul
    Free Member

Now I am not suggesting that what he did was NOT stupid and aggressive but for this to be described as a “headbutt” is utter nonsense.

I think any reporter who describes this as a “headbutt” should have someone push them with their head and then really headbutt them for comparison and education purposes.

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

This is football you’re talking about it’s just to be expected right? As long as they refuse to have a TMO for these situations it will never stop.

nealglover
    Free Member

Now I am not suggesting that what he did was stupid and aggressive

Still time to edit 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Junkyard
    Free Member

One of those he is always going to get sent off for that in football but its not really a headbut in any meaningful sense and there was certainly not enough force to deck the person who recieved the pressing of a persons head on his

It remains a no go area in football though so anyone who does it is an idiot but there were far more aggressive acts and far more physical acts and far more acts that could have harmed in this game and any other game

Nothing will change as the authorities will give fellani a long ban and do nothing to aguero

EDIT: to be clear i Imagine 99% of footballers will go down in that sort of scenario so not meaning to single out City or Augero re this

gobuchul
    Free Member

Edited!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

As above, there’s not a footballer in the country that doesn’t know you won’t get away with sticking your forehead into someones face.

Indeed, Big Duncan disorderly ended up with a wee spell at her majesty’s pleasure after doing it, although he had a few other things hanging over him too – despite not even being so much as given a yellow card for the actual incident (though tbf he should’ve been sent off for it)

SaxonRider

As long as they refuse to have a TMO for these situations it will never stop

Sorry, but what’s a TMO?

Junkyard
    Free Member

decisions made by a ref watching videos of the incident

MSP

Felini had just commited a foul for which he fairly received a yellow, he gave the ref a load of lip for his troubles, then ran right back after Aguero when play restarted and started kicking his ankles fouling him again. He might have already earned his red at that point, the “headbut” just guaranteed it, you can see his hair bob at the point of contact it wasn’t just rubbing foreheads.

johndoh
    Free Member

As above – if he thought he could do that and get away with it he was foolish. He deserved the red card for stupidity as much as anything else.

Junkyard
    Free Member

you can see his hair bob at the point of contact it wasn’t just rubbing foreheads.

😆

Given the size of his hair almost anything will make it bob [ even the flapping of a baby robbins wings] but that cannot be described as a headbut its not even a clash of heads its a gentle coming together with zero risk of injury and minimal, if any, force.

Its still going to be a red on a football pitch

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Modern day football.

“There was contact, so he was entitled to go down”

gobuchul
    Free Member

not even a clash of heads its a gentle coming together with zero risk of injury and minimal, if any, force.

FFS We agree on something!!!!!!!

Junkyard
    Free Member

who knew football could bring folk together 😉

bodgy
    Free Member

“Football is 90 minutes pretending you are hurt. Rugby is 80 minutes pretending you’re not.”

revs1972
    Free Member

Modern day football.

Footballers 🙄 They think they are hard as **** when they are down the pub after a couple of lagers , but put them on a football pitch and they go down quicker than John Terry’s mum

binners

Every United game I put a bet on hair’n’elbows getting booked. The odds are low, as you can imagine, but it pays out more often than not. it did last night 😀

Anyway, if you think Agueo going down like he’d been shot was a bit embarrassing, lets take a moment to mull over this, shall we?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5z_cwQmP99k[/video]

😆

FuzzyWuzzy

If I were a ref I’d be handing out yellow & reds if players mobbed me shouting abuse, it’s ridiculous the blatant intimidation & harassment is allowed to go on

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Football is 90 minutes pretending you are hurt. Rugby is 80 minutes pretending you’re not

jambalaya
    Free Member

@nobeer that lad’s career was effectively ended by that incident which was on the coach’s orders

As for the headbutt when you see the near fatal result of Sanchez being hit by a football in the shoulder (binners clip) you understand its a miracle Fellini did’t kill someone

binners

Oh here we go.

All footballers are overpaid pansies, and all rugby players are gentlemen, while simultaneously being hard as nails

Does that cover it? 😆

To the rugger buggers, if you watch footy, then when one of your own teams players goes down like that, its normally accompanied by shouts of ‘OH GET UP FFS YOU DIVING ****ING *insert preferred term of abuse here*?!!!’ Ashley Young used to do it all the time for us. But thankfully someone seems to have had a word.

City under Pep are now employing diving as an active tactic going off last nights performance. Sterling in particular went down like a sack of spuds every time anyone came near him. Its just embarrassing

Jammers…. like you, I’m amazed nobody has died yet. When will this madness end? Its only a matter of time

DrJ

Indeed, Big Duncan disorderly ended up with a wee spell at her majesty’s pleasure after doing it,

I suspect that if Big Dunc headbutts you, you go down whether you want to or not. Which does not mean that what happened to him was not a disgraceful overstepping of the boundaries of street and football pitch.

ransos
    Free Member

That’s a function of the way football is refereed. No point expecting players to stay on their feet when they are much more likely to win a penalty by going down.

Junkyard
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqBtkLeFJkQ[/video]

MSP

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP8LvwZy6mM[/video]

deepreddave
    Free Member

The behaviour of players, both cheating and dissent, is embarrassing but the authorities are clearly ok with it as they could stop it tomorrow if they really wanted to. 10 point deduction for any team who’s players are judged on post match video evidence to have feigned injury or dived without cause.
    And,as has been said many times, put the RU refs in charge for a few weeks….

Coyote
    Free Member

Pathetic.

MSP

put the RU refs in charge for a few weeks…

They would be like the supply teacher with high ideals who leaves the classroom in tears after 30 minutes to take up a career in office administration.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Short back n side

Black boots

Jumpers for goal posts

But the football was rubbish… I’ll take stupid hair cuts, tattoos and fake dives all day long to be entertained by far superior football.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I think any reporter who describes this as a “headbutt” should have someone push them with their head and then really headbutt them for comparison and education purposes

If you honestly think that, you may have had a few good blows to the head yourself.

ransos
    Free Member

Short back n side

Black boots

Jumpers for goal posts

Erm.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Anyone can tell the difference between that, an actual headbut, a genuine clash of heads and an accidental headbut

At best its a coming together rather than even a forceful clashing of heads and there is nowhere near enough force to cause the collapse or any damage

Its a red card and the head touch but it is not a headbut but the FA will voew it as a headbut

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘This Fellaini "headbutt" nonsense.’ is closed to new replies.