Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • This dry weather is all very well but….
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

…it bloody hurts now when you crash.

Haven’t had a wipe out for a while and then two good ones today. Both OTB, the first on my current bogey trail (Northern Monkey) my first run of the day was just hard impact, cut finger and legs and bruises, but the second (on an easy berm at the top of BKB)!was a full front wheel wash out at speed. I can hardly move now. Time for a hot bath. Not looking forward to tomorrow morning….

Now where do I find out about front wheel wash outs……

Trails in surprisingly good condition on W’fold, Pitch and Holmbury. Nice and dry, hardly any puddles and running fast. I see the jump is back on Supernova plus a little surprise double later (nearly caught me out again). Logging still affecting 3 amigos part 2 and switchbacks. But Evian was fine and the other side (South) all incredibly dry.

allthepies
    Free Member

Good to hear everything is drying out. Will be venturing over Hankley Common etc on Sunday to check the sand conditions 😉

The fallen trees have screwed up lots of my fave trails unfortunately and there might not be much appetite for land owners to clear them 🙁

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Hankley is nice round the edges but still pretty wet in the middle by the MacBeth scene. Sandy stuff is probably at the ideal consistency at the moment, not too dry, not too wet!!! I am intrigued by the idea of trails at Hankley. Is that up on hounddown?

allthepies
    Free Member

I should clarify that my fave trails ain’t on Hankley 😀

Hankley is a place to be negotiated from location A to location B 😉

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

That makes sense!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘This dry weather is all very well but….’ is closed to new replies.