Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • This current cold snap…..
  • monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Has it left anybody else feeling depressed,tired and with various aches and pains?Or am I just getting old?

Edric64
    Free Member

No cold snap here

mattyfez

I’m feeling it, definite chill on the knees, but I’ve not done a proper ride for about a month so.. I’ve only myself to blame.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Sounds a bit like me Matty.I did,however,manage a four mile hike the other day.The first half an hour of which I was stiffer than a 15year old with a open star on his lap.

bikebouy
    Free Member

13C and sunny on the coast..

So yeah, that’s cold 😆

ransos
    Free Member

Crisp, sunny days make me want to get out on the bike…

HughStew

Cold snap. It’s November this is what it should be like – but a bit colder.

fasthaggis

Has it left anybody else feeling depressed,tired and with various aches and pains?Or am I just getting old?

Man up princess old bloke,this is only the start of an artic november

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

No crisp and cold here.3Cto 4C cloudy and damp with a horrible wind.Think my body/mind wants to emigrate.

mildred

I love proper cold & **** hate those cold/warm days where you go out over dressed and end up sweating like a rapist.

Garry_Lager

monkeycmonkeydo – Member

No crisp and cold here.3Cto 4C cloudy and damp with a horrible wind.Think my body/mind wants to emigrate. Similar weather here – out round the edge of the Peak last night and even took some warm gloves, expecting the cold to bite a bit. Cloud cover, little wind, meant it was nowhere near properly cold. Damp and misty, though, haed torch not much use.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Try living next to the North sea Gary.You’d need them gloves.

Drac

Dropped to 1c through night here its been cool but not cold yet, even by the north sea but that’s not surprising as it’s always warmer on the coast.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Has it left anybody else feeling depressed,tired and with various aches and pains?

I find in general it can echo your state of mind, if you are up for it the weather is just another thing going on, looking for an excuse just give it 5 mins.

I’m pissed off that after a warm and dry week we are getting forecasts of 40-60mm of rain for the weekend which has canned the weekend of racing and putting a day at the Cricket into the all day drinking teritory (more so than just going to the cricket)

Drac

which has canned the weekend of racing and putting a day at the Cricket into the all day drinking teritory (more so than just going to the cricket)

Win win.

globalti
    Free Member

I’m off to Addis Ababa for a week then Lagos so I don’t care.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Globalti is alright Jack.

ferrals
    Free Member

fasthaggis – Member

Man up princess old bloke,this is only the start of an artic november

All that reporting does make me laugh, there was all that tabloid ‘met office predicts polar vortex’ stuff earlier in the week, warnings of chaos and death caused by Snow-and-Ice-mageddon etc. So I went to look a the MO website. This is what the original article there said:

“Today the Met Office has released its long-range outlook for November 2016 to January 2017, highlighting the risk of a cold start to the winter for the UK.

This does not necessarily imply that the UK will experience cold and snow – in fact the most likely outcome is for conditions to be relatively normal on average over the next 3 months…..

The fact that the probability for cold is 30% means there is a 70% chance of other temperatures – ranging from moderately below average to mild. A cold season is therefore still not as likely as a more normal one. “

I’m now starting to understand how the tabloids can say Brexit is good 😆

chum3
    Free Member

Came off this morning on an icy corner. First time ever I’ve had an off on the road. This was about 90 seconds after a walker said in passing “Road’s a bit slippery!”

Was really enjoying the ride before that!

DezB
    Free Member

Absolutely lovely commuting weather. Dry, not much wind, not too sweaty. No need to scrape windscreens..
    Get in the office and hear them all whinge about how cold it is in their cars. Diddums.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

MTFU and hiked along the tees.Very nice once my body got going.4 months of dry crisp weather would be survivable.Apes.

mildbore

Cold and wet for my ride yesterday, a bit of a shock to find how much slower and harder winter makes things, after all I’ve only been doing it for 25 years. Not got depressed about it yet though, that comes later when the novelty wears off

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

No how you feel md.I think mikes partially right that your state of mind effects how you respond to the weather,but old age and filthy weather are definitely a factor.

shermer75
    Free Member

Yup. My legs seem to get tired super quickly!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Another sweaty day on the coast, honestly it was like a late summers day again.

Phew.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Wheeler,I thought you were going to say your legs felt super tacky!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

It’s raining again.

Xylene
    Free Member

I get SAD, I’ve wondered why for the past week or so I’ve been knackered, and a bit down, SAD alarm clock isn’t working it’s magic just now, may need to lengthen the sun-rise time.

The cold snap is certainly here, and I hope it stays. It was 18 degrees this morning which was a bit fresh but lovely to go for a ride in.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Urinating down on the south coast 🙁

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Ummm 18C I remember that.Yours Aching Stevens.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘This current cold snap…..’ is closed to new replies.