• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • This could save someones life or possibly yours
  • mallorcadave
    Free Member

Most of us I’m sure have seen that video of Cedric Gracia nearly bleeding to death after a seemingly everyday fall( for those of you who haven’t here’s the link ). We all know that our sport is potentially dangerous and this video just highlighted this for me and i will be taking a first aid course especially as i will be doing my mtb leader training to become a guide.
    Just received this little book through the post this morning, Pocket First Aid and Wilderness Medicine by Jim Duff and Peter Gormly brilliant book full of information I hope never to need! Go buy yourself a copy you never know when it might come in handy.
    Dr. Jim Duff is a childhood friend of my mothers and started climbing at 14. Jim has more than 30 years’ experience of climbing, trekking and teaching wilderness medicine, first aid and leadership in the Himalaya. He was doctor on Chris Bonington’s 1975 Expedition, which made the first ascent of Everest’s Southwest face, and on the Australian first ascent of the North face of Everest in 1984. As well as expeditions to K2 and Changabang, Jim has climbed in the UK, Alps, Norway, New Zealand and North America. In 1997 he founded the International Porter Protection Group and is presently working at setting up a porter shelter and rescue post in the Gokyo valley at 4600m in the Everest region.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘This could save someones life or possibly yours’ is closed to new replies.